Jump to content
mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

Recommended Posts

Meanwhile: a few weeks ago beateasy's odds for WSW winning the minor premiership were $12. They must have been impressed by WSW's win in Perth: the odd are now $17, and they are having Roar, WU, and City ahead of us for winning the title.

Well, I say "thank you" to that, and shall be gambling responsibly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Wouldn't we only a stepping stone to his European ambitions?

However, Rallis is his agent and apparently on the phone on international calls.

Anything is possible.

Yes. As we are for any decent football player.

He’s likely to end up somewhere like Belgium but Australia for 12 months certainly wouldn’t be a bad choice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Upthehill said:

12 games in 3 seasons. He doesn’t need another gameless season in Europe.

Sainsbury is one of these suspect players, same category as Spira and Troisi. You can never be certain where they are at with their football.

He stopped playing regulary three years ago. Played a handful of games in April/May 2018 in the Swiss Super League, and has been paid for showing up at training ever since. He stopped being a football pro in May 2018, but continued to be paid marquee money, and that's what he'd still expect.

But: when he did play for Zurich 18 months ago he was their captain, and that is something Babbel will remember.

Edited by FCB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Transfermarkt has us with James Percevski signed.

Looks like the Boss has a plan for the future. I'm sure we're going to be far better this year than last, but the prospect for next few excites me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FCB said:

Sainsbury is one of these suspect players, same category as Spira and Troisi. You can never be certain where they are at with their football.

He stopped playing regulary three years ago. Played a handful of games in April/May 2018 in the Swiss Super League, and has been paid for showing up at training ever since. He stopped being a football pro in May 2018, but continued to be paid marquee money, and that's what he'd still expect.

But: when he did play for Zurich 18 months ago he was their captain, and that is something Babbel will remember.

It entirely depends what’s on his priority list. Does he want to play football for club and country or keep collecting cheques?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FCB said:

Meanwhile: a few weeks ago beateasy's odds for WSW winning the minor premiership were $12. They must have been impressed by WSW's win in Perth: the odd are now $17, and they are having Roar, WU, and City ahead of us for winning the title.

Well, I say "thank you" to that, and shall be gambling responsibly.

Geeze don't tell me the punters are getting on the 'God' bandwagon after just one win?  And WU, c'mon!  I am kind of offended, but on the other hand I enjoy being the dark horse.  Think I might have to gamble responsibly as well at those odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Transfermarkt has us with James Percevski signed.

News on that, he is just with the youth ranks, not first team at all. He just came back from his club overseas and got really confused when all these articles wrote about him joining the first team. Thats what he told a coach I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, FCB said:

Sainsbury is one of these suspect players, same category as Spira and Troisi. You can never be certain where they are at with their football.

He stopped playing regulary three years ago. Played a handful of games in April/May 2018 in the Swiss Super League, and has been paid for showing up at training ever since. He stopped being a football pro in May 2018, but continued to be paid marquee money, and that's what he'd still expect.

But: when he did play for Zurich 18 months ago he was their captain, and that is something Babbel will remember.

What is happening with Troisi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeeMarvin said:

Geeze don't tell me the punters are getting on the 'God' bandwagon after just one win?  And WU, c'mon!  I am kind of offended, but on the other hand I enjoy being the dark horse.  Think I might have to gamble responsibly as well at those odds.

Most of the bookies in Aus don’t dedicate a lot of time to the aleague, you can pick up some pretty good odds particularly at the start of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FCB said:

Meanwhile: a few weeks ago beateasy's odds for WSW winning the minor premiership were $12. They must have been impressed by WSW's win in Perth: the odd are now $17, and they are having Roar, WU, and City ahead of us for winning the title.

Well, I say "thank you" to that, and shall be gambling responsibly.

Hopefully TAB does the same, because I really can't be arsed to go through verification for another gambling website. Too much hassle in the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7349917/Former-28million-man-Wilfried-Bony-training-LEAGUE-TWO-Newport-County-Swansea-release.html

Not suggesting we try to sign him, when you scour the world for bargains it's amazing how many players are out there and ferreting out the gems sometimes is  harder than it looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7349917/Former-28million-man-Wilfried-Bony-training-LEAGUE-TWO-Newport-County-Swansea-release.html

Not suggesting we try to sign him, when you scour the world for bargains it's amazing how many players are out there and ferreting out the gems sometimes is  harder than it looks.

He'd be massive, but the $ are out of our league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FCB said:

Meanwhile: a few weeks ago beateasy's odds for WSW winning the minor premiership were $12. They must have been impressed by WSW's win in Perth: the odd are now $17, and they are having Roar, WU, and City ahead of us for winning the title.

Well, I say "thank you" to that, and shall be gambling responsibly.

Remember when the Nux were considered the same chance of winning the GF as WSW during the pre-season. 

We have firmed from $14 > $10 with the golly green giant, whilst the Nux have drifted from $14 < $50.

I'm hoping that the $21 (now > $5) the TAB bet about us lifting the FFA Cup in a couple of months time, will put a few presies under the tree at Christmas time 

Speculate to accumulate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

News on that, he is just with the youth ranks, not first team at all. He just came back from his club overseas and got really confused when all these articles wrote about him joining the first team. Thats what he told a coach I know. 

He may be contracted for the NYL season & see how it goes.

I can check on his status at the NPL2 game on Wed night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wswtragic said:

He'd be massive, but the $ are out of our league.

I'm sure there is a club out there willing to offer more then we can $$ wise but if for some reason there are no more offers coming and he comes this way do you guys think MB would take him in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

I'm sure there is a club out there willing to offer more then we can $$ wise but if for some reason there are no more offers coming and he comes this way do you guys think MB would take him in?

Only if he wants to be a club man. The Boss won't tolerate tourists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Only if he wants to be a club man. The Boss won't tolerate tourists.

He may not want a player that comes and goes on international duty either (if he's still in their national team). I must say though, he knows how to find the back of the net.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a Bet responsibly thread

https://beteasy.com.au/sports-betting/soccer/australia/a-league-futures/outright-markets-20191018-1311791-39844191

OUTRIGHT MARKETS

October 18, 2019 7:30pm66d 6h

Selection

A-League Grand Final Winner, Top 6, Minor Premiers, Wooden Spoon

Sydney FC

4.25 1.06 3.50 101.00

Perth Glory

5.00 1.12 4.50 51.00

Melbourne Victory

5.00 1.12 4.50 51.00

Melbourne City

6.50 1.22 6.00 41.00

Brisbane Roar

11.00 1.65 14.00 19.00

Western United

12.00 1.75 15.00 19.00

Adelaide United

13.00 1.80 17.00 17.00

Western Sydney Wanderers

13.00 1.80 17.00 17.00

Newcastle Jets

19.00 2.30 23.00 13.00

Central Coast Mariners

29.00 3.20 51.00 3.20

Wellington Phoenix

51.00 4.50 101.00 1.65

Bet Slip

Slip Total:$0.00

Clear SlipPlace Bets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think maybe we have stitched up one of the big names but it isn't announced so they don't have to train the whole off season?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our squad has potentially more upside with recruitment still to come, than most other squads 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taurus said:

Our squad has potentially more upside with recruitment still to come, than most other squads 

Do you know this for fact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iamwesternsydney said:

Do you think maybe we have stitched up one of the big names but it isn't announced so they don't have to train the whole off season?

 

Don't think so, or marketing would going flat out to bring in more memberships on the back of that "big name"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel it in my bones that we will announce our marquee striker this week.

Or it could just be arthritis. It is bloody cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wswtragic said:

I feel it in my bones that we will announce our marquee striker this week.

Or it could just be arthritis. It is bloody cold.

I'm guessing it's arthritis as I have the same feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Taurus said:

We need a Bet responsibly thread

Good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Do you know this for fact?

I'd like to hear the answer to that question too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Or it could just be arthritis. It is bloody cold.

I used to have that problem too.  Now I live in the Territory - no longer an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

I used to have that problem too.  Now I live in the Territory - no longer an issue.

I take it you're not speaking of the ACT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MB said in a recent presser that the squad still lacks experienced players, and wants to bring in two more older guys to sort that. JT said as much at the members forum.

People need to chill. We are nine weeks away from season kick off, and VIC still have four import spots open. No one is pressing the panic button south of the border. 

Going by the Perth game we closed the gap to last season's top of the table teams. The rest will sort itself out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...