mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

2 minutes ago, FCB said:

People need to chill. We are nine weeks away from season kick off, and VIC still have four import spots open. No one is pressing the panic button south of the border. 

I would hazard a guess that they would be saying the same things as we are on their forums too. Football fans are an impatient mob in general, we want everything now. It simply means, we're very passionate and just want the football to start

Truth is, we simply just have to wait until the club makes an announcement.

26 minutes ago, Jefski said:

I'd like to hear the answer to that question too.

We are still out there seeking to put items into our shopping cart.

MB has made it abundantly clear that we are negotiating with a striker & hope to come to terms asap. 

Yes, we will probably seek to shore up other areas, given the # of our lads that will be on YS duty this season, including the Olympics should they qualify via Asia. 

13 minutes ago, FCB said:

MB said in a recent presser that the squad still lacks experienced players, and wants to bring in two more older guys to sort that. JT said as much at the members forum.

People need to chill. We are nine weeks away from season kick off, and VIC still have four import spots open. No one is pressing the panic button south of the border. 

Going by the Perth game we closed the gap to last season's top of the table teams. The rest will sort itself out. 

This...PLUS, majority of all the transfer windows in Europe end in September. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Babbel sits on the fence till then to see which players are released as a free agent and try to sign to the club.

6 minutes ago, Jefski said:

I would hazard a guess that they would be saying the same things as we are on their forums too. Football fans are an impatient mob in general, we want everything now. It simply means, we're very passionate and just want the football to start

Truth is, we simply just have to wait until the club makes an announcement.

Yes, well, I probably should have written that "nobody at the club is pressing the alarm button". Football fans are noise creators with too much time at hand. The only one who benefits from the noise we are creating here is Mack. 

26 minutes ago, FCB said:

Yes, well, I probably should have written that "nobody at the club is pressing the alarm button". Football fans are noise creators with too much time at hand. The only one who benefits from the noise we are creating here is Mack. 

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

This...PLUS, majority of all the transfer windows in Europe end in September. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Babbel sits on the fence till then to see which players are released as a free agent and try to sign to the club.

Yeah i would say the same, there are a lot of transfer windows in Europe that close early Sept

https://www.fifatms.com/itms/worldwide-transfer-windows-calendar/

Longest off season in the world. Even in the top leagues they do last minute deals on deadline day a few days before the season starts. Not sure why everyone stresses over "zomfg we have no players!!" from April onwards.

4 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Longest off season in the world. Even in the top leagues they do last minute deals on deadline day a few days before the season starts. Not sure why everyone stresses over "zomfg we have no players!!" from April onwards.

Impatience.

The longest off season in the world will do that.

Transfer windows don't matter if we're only signing free agents

17 minutes ago, Erebus said:

The Aussie off season can be like Chinese water torture, and has the potential to do people's head in - some only believe that we have a team once a marquee player is announced.

Then there is the perception that only when a player makes it in the HAL can he be considered a good player. If he then goes overseas, can't cut it there, returns with his tail between his legs (plus a marquee deal) he is still considered a good player. But when a Schwegler, Lopar is signed, or a Kruse returns, they are eyed with suspicion, or rubbished even...

If you are in need for sanity then look no further than the FB family - even though these guys are still puzzled that we actually had a team on the pitch against Leeds. Also, that the squad now consists of 18 players on senior contracts plus a bunch of guys on scholarships seems to be escaping people's attention. 

50 minutes ago, Taurus said:

BREAKING NEWS| Wanderers get their man. 

A sneek peek of Andy is attached & he's expected to be announced by club shortly on a multi year marquee deal very soon 

Image may contain: Andy Kensett, text

Rats .... another midfielder.

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

A sneek peek of Andy is attached

Haha I didn't know you do humour Taurus! I was wondering who this bloke is.  One of the forumites by any chance?

3 hours ago, Taurus said:

BREAKING NEWS| Wanderers get their man. 

A sneek peek of Andy is attached & he's expected to be announced by club shortly on a multi year marquee deal very soon 

Image may contain: Andy Kensett, text

YES, WE SIGNED A CAUCASIAN VERSION OF ABEBAYO AKINFEWA :yahoo::woah:

There's still plenty of time to get players in although I can understand some people getting impatient.

We've had seasons in the past where we've signed players late then gone through the cycle of slow start, concerns around getting them up to fitness, lose a few more games, players are fit but now they need to "gel" with the rest of the team, lose some more, sign a few emergency players in January to push for the finals, wait for those players to "gel", finish a disappointing season and release all the players.

As I said we're still a way away from that point and I'm not worried, but people remember.

28 minutes ago, Davo said:

There's still plenty of time to get players in although I can understand some people getting impatient.

We've had seasons in the past where we've signed players late then gone through the cycle of slow start, concerns around getting them up to fitness, lose a few more games, players are fit but now they need to "gel" with the rest of the team, lose some more, sign a few emergency players in January to push for the finals, wait for those players to "gel", finish a disappointing season and release all the players.

As I said we're still a way away from that point and I'm not worried, but people remember.

It's not so much a matter of when they join, but who it's is that joins.

Tanaka and Takahagi came straight from the beach and yet they performed, within reason. Borda, Bruno and Jumpei joined for the start of pre season but never arrived. 

Andreu was great, until he learned that we would not be on marquee wages the following season. Dimas was great next to Andreu, and a waste of space the following season without him. 

Ono more or less came out of pre retirement, and yet he put in double shifts and made the difference. Saba and Pio came early, but in Serie B they don't seem to know what a shift is. And so on and so forth.

This time around we signed hardened professionals, not popa projects players, they seem to be here for the right reasons. I'll happily wait until the beginning of September, as long as we sign the right guy. 

3 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Haha I didn't know you do humour Taurus! I was wondering who this bloke is.  One of the forumites by any chance?

Go easy on the lad. Newcastle are making life difficult enough for him atm, I'd reckon

10 minutes ago, FCB said:

Tanaka and Takahagi came straight from the beach and yet they performed, within reason. Borda, Bruno and Jumpei joined for the start of pre season but never arrived. 

Andreu was great, until he learned that we would not be on marquee wages the following season. Dimas was great next to Andreu, and a waste of space the following season without him. 

Ono more or less came out of pre retirement, and yet he put in double shifts and made the difference. Saba and Pio came early, but in Serie B they don't seem to know what a shift is. And so on and so forth.

This time around we signed hardened professionals, not popa projects players, they seem to be here for the right reasons. I'll happily wait until the beginning of September, as long as we sign the right guy. 

Alberto was boss, we were crazy to let him go 

Yeah Alberto was boss, look where he's playing now.

https://www.transfermarkt.es/alberto-aguilar/profil/spieler/29060

He's main redeeming factor was that he attempted to put one on Berisha's chin in the MV clash a few seasons ago. I doubt it was worth the 2 week suspension 

28 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Anyone that has a swipe at Barisha is boss in my book.

40 minutes ago, FCB said:

Once upon a time we actually had all the recruiting done and all the recruits arrived in time for a full pre-season and all the pre season friendlies gave us mounting confidence for the coming season. Then, literally overnight, the coach and most of his staff left for Turkey and the fairytale beginning turned into a nightmare.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Don't get me started! Don't sign Melling, don't sign Borda, throw the money at Alberto instead = our S5 would have been far less painful. Club and player were only a small amount of money apart anyway. 

Edited by FCB

10 minutes ago, FCB said:

Don't get me started! Don't sign Melling, don't sign Borda, throw the money at Alberto instead = our S5 would have been far less painful. Club and player were only a small amount of money apart anyway. 

He left for 20k

8 minutes ago, Taurus said:

He left for 20k

Didn’t they use the wanted to be closer to home excuse?

Anyone brave enough or sharp enough to snap up the approx odds of 4500/1 about Wanderers winning the treble this season, FFA Cup $21, PP $17 & GF $14?

1 minute ago, Burztur said:

Didn’t they use the wanted to be closer to home excuse?

He was offered a pay rise, but wanted to negotiate a further increase.

We know how that usually plays out when Popa is the gaffer

2 minutes ago, Taurus said:

He was offered a pay rise, but wanted to negotiate a further increase.

We know how that usually plays out when Popa is the gaffer

Well Perth suffering now then?