Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mack

Wellington Phoenix: Season 2019/20

Recommended Posts

DailyOzFootball is reporting they got 6 guys on trial at the moment:

- Myer Bevan
- Te Atawhai Hudson-Wihongi
- Tim Payne
- Joe Caletti
- Xander Houtkoop
- Alex Molano

Bevan is a striker that  was signed with Vancouver at one stage in his career and seems he got barely used. Went back to Western Springs AFC which is like 3rd tier NZ club. 

Hudson-Wihongi is a centre back that  has pretty much played for Auckland City FC for almost all of his career.

Payne is a midfield that played for the Blackburn Rovers youth squad and then went to Auckland City FC, tried his luck at Portland Timbers but was forever in their reserve squad.

Houtkoop is a Dutch Winger that has spent majority of his career in Eredivisie playing with ADO Den Haag and then SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden (who are now relegated into 2nd division).

Molano is an American attacking midfielder that played for 2nd tier Colorado Springs Switchbacks. That's the only info I could find from him.

Overall, it seems they are just desperately trying to find players to fill in the gaps ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will probably be worse than the Mariners this year. Talay didn't show anything of promise when he was in charge of the Australian U20 side, and the fact they are trialling players means they are scraping the barrel in terms of foreigners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

DailyOzFootball is reporting they got 6 guys on trial at the moment:

- Myer Bevan
- Te Atawhai Hudson-Wihongi
- Tim Payne
- Joe Caletti
- Xander Houtkoop
- Alex Molano

Bevan is a striker that  was signed with Vancouver at one stage in his career and seems he got barely used. Went back to Western Springs AFC which is like 3rd tier NZ club. 

Hudson-Wihongi is a centre back that  has pretty much played for Auckland City FC for almost all of his career.

Payne is a midfield that played for the Blackburn Rovers youth squad and then went to Auckland City FC, tried his luck at Portland Timbers but was forever in their reserve squad.

Houtkoop is a Dutch Winger that has spent majority of his career in Eredivisie playing with ADO Den Haag and then SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden (who are now relegated into 2nd division).

Molano is an American attacking midfielder that played for 2nd tier Colorado Springs Switchbacks. That's the only info I could find from him.

Overall, it seems they are just desperately trying to find players to fill in the gaps ASAP.

Also seems to wear #7 and I hear is handy with the gloves too. Found an exclusive picture of him at training today - clearly takes inspiration from Ronaldo:

image.png.7d16a7a279af31304616d6bf3fecf80a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mack said:

Talay didn't show anything of promise when he was in charge of the Australian U20 side

They are hoping for a Rudan mk 2, at least they don’t have to worry about the FFA trying to take away their license!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They might struggle so far lost, one of best GKs last year, Captain / CB, Best attacking Mid, runner up for golden boot striker 

In 

Sotirio 

random mexican who couldn’t score in Indian Premier League, some guys currently playing in Auckland AA 3s

Who would do there now? New Melbourne team hoovering up players dynamo Leumeah to follow, with other bids queuing up to take their license 

Not to mention rudan shafting them  

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I wonder if he'll have a ball playing for Phoenix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

65 on FIFA

He scored 7 goals in 45 games, and this is the type of player they're bringing in? A bit embarrassing to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hudson-Wihongi has signed. 
 

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

Hudson-Wihongi has signed. 
 

 
 

61 on FIFA, 67 potential - could be a breakout season for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nix getting totally outplayed by the Strikers so far.

How many first XI players are missing this match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like Talay wants Reno Piscopo:
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, they have signed 24 year old German Midfielder Matti Steinmann: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9 August 2019 at 6:54 PM, MathyouWSW said:

Meanwhile, they have signed 24 year old German Midfielder Matti Steinmann: 

 

Played with Dylan Mc at the same club in Denmark up until June. Little did they know that they would meet again at the other side of the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting thread from a Nix fan about Rudan. A similar thing went around a few months back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Davo said:

Interesting thread from a Nix fan about Rudan. A similar thing went around a few months back.

 

This doesn't bother me a huge deal. Theres no loyalty in football anymore. Clubs and fans cant offer no loyalty but expect it in return. Players and coaches are free to look after themselves if they wish.

I just want to see Rudan get slapped because he stalked, harrassed and abused Mel McLaughlin over the course of 12 months. So much so she walked away from the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

This doesn't bother me a huge deal. Theres no loyalty in football anymore. Clubs and fans cant offer no loyalty but expect it in return. Players and coaches are free to look after themselves if they wish.

I just want to see Rudan get slapped because he stalked, harrassed and abused Mel McLaughlin over the course of 12 months. So much so she walked away from the game

If his contract had a clause that allowed him to leave then I have no problem with him going. Not a big fan of him recruiting Nix players for WU while still officially working for the Nix but I'm sure that sort of thing happens all the time in football. A bit scummy but I get it. However the suggestion that he sets up random social media accounts to abuse his critics is the interesting part for me, as this has come up before and also ties back in to the stalking stuff.

Seems like a slightly unhinged guy who can't let things go.

Edited by Davo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Davo said:

If his contract had a clause that allowed him to leave then I have no problem with him going. Not a big fan of him recruiting Nix players for WU while still officially working for the Nix but I'm sure that sort of thing happens all the time in football. A bit scummy but I get it. However the suggestion that he sets up random social media accounts to abuse his critics is the interesting part for me, as this has come up before and also ties back in to the stalking stuff.

Seems like a slightly unhinged guy who can't let things go.

Yeah...it's not so much the mechanics of his looking to go to another club that's the big issue, nor is it talking to players in the Nux squad about going with him (though Mack's right about how wrong that was).

It's the way he has handled himself outside the confines of the changing sheds, away from player/coach/suits communication that is seriously fooked. His behaviour, assuming what he has been accused of is true, that should be the stuff that gets him called out.

Imagine the blizzard of opprobrium that would come down on a fan or...even worse...a RBB or other active member operated in this way with a member of the media or with a club official.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Upthehill said:

I just want to see Rudan get slapped because he stalked, harrassed and abused Mel McLaughlin over the course of 12 months. So much so she walked away from the game

I hadn't heard of this but if true really puts him in a bad light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admin - Please remember to use the word "allegedly" and not make concrete statements regardless of whatever circumstantial evidence exists, in regards to potentially criminal behaviour by certain people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 the alleged behaviour by the individual for stalking Mel McGlaughlin is now being discussed in the Western United thread in FTBL.;)

Here is article that was posted without the name of the stalker

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/channel-7-s-mel-mclaughlin-stalker-exposed-from-usb-35499228.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFD7N_mcDRBX0lqTYpwPnWH2Oo4FTya6d3QdBxy2LsqDMnhQEAEMboTZRw47Va6aBzWUz-bWdyzQGk9IN8_g4fBnEtGGHY7ANMsQmrqid1IXW3H97BOqQdg-etmWae7M7H2kcDI0JPe0V-PNww3Yk4klpynfhGLcHhZQmQPdWwjl

Edited by Paul01
Added info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mack said:

Admin - Please remember to use the word "allegedly" and not make concrete statements regardless of whatever circumstantial evidence exists, in regards to potentially criminal behaviour by certain people.

That’s not how defamation/libel legislation works... but I’ll play nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nix are getting their marquee man today at 3:00pm.

Really building it up on social media and the whispers are he is absolute top quality. Hope for the sake of the League they get a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Hooper and Obafemi Martins are the two names I've just been told.

Martins would be a huge name for the A League even if he is passed it. Plenty of us wanted Hooper in the off season too (Think @Taurus said his knees are no good).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...