Wellington Phoenix

DailyOzFootball is reporting they got 6 guys on trial at the moment:

- Myer Bevan
- Te Atawhai Hudson-Wihongi
- Tim Payne
- Joe Caletti
- Xander Houtkoop
- Alex Molano

Bevan is a striker that  was signed with Vancouver at one stage in his career and seems he got barely used. Went back to Western Springs AFC which is like 3rd tier NZ club. 

Hudson-Wihongi is a centre back that  has pretty much played for Auckland City FC for almost all of his career.

Payne is a midfield that played for the Blackburn Rovers youth squad and then went to Auckland City FC, tried his luck at Portland Timbers but was forever in their reserve squad.

Houtkoop is a Dutch Winger that has spent majority of his career in Eredivisie playing with ADO Den Haag and then SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden (who are now relegated into 2nd division).

Molano is an American attacking midfielder that played for 2nd tier Colorado Springs Switchbacks. That's the only info I could find from him.

Overall, it seems they are just desperately trying to find players to fill in the gaps ASAP.

20 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

DailyOzFootball is reporting they got 6 guys on trial at the moment:

- Myer Bevan
- Te Atawhai Hudson-Wihongi
- Tim Payne
- Joe Caletti
- Xander Houtkoop
- Alex Molano

Bevan is a striker that  was signed with Vancouver at one stage in his career and seems he got barely used. Went back to Western Springs AFC which is like 3rd tier NZ club. 

Hudson-Wihongi is a centre back that  has pretty much played for Auckland City FC for almost all of his career.

Payne is a midfield that played for the Blackburn Rovers youth squad and then went to Auckland City FC, tried his luck at Portland Timbers but was forever in their reserve squad.

Houtkoop is a Dutch Winger that has spent majority of his career in Eredivisie playing with ADO Den Haag and then SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden (who are now relegated into 2nd division).

Molano is an American attacking midfielder that played for 2nd tier Colorado Springs Switchbacks. That's the only info I could find from him.

Overall, it seems they are just desperately trying to find players to fill in the gaps ASAP.

Also seems to wear #7 and I hear is handy with the gloves too. Found an exclusive picture of him at training today - clearly takes inspiration from Ronaldo:

image.png.7d16a7a279af31304616d6bf3fecf80a.png

They might struggle so far lost, one of best GKs last year, Captain / CB, Best attacking Mid, runner up for golden boot striker 

In 

Sotirio 

random mexican who couldn’t score in Indian Premier League, some guys currently playing in Auckland AA 3s

Who would do there now? New Melbourne team hoovering up players dynamo Leumeah to follow, with other bids queuing up to take their license 

Not to mention rudan shafting them  

Edited by StringerBellend
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9 August 2019 at 6:54 PM, MathyouWSW said:

Meanwhile, they have signed 24 year old German Midfielder Matti Steinmann: 

Played with Dylan Mc at the same club in Denmark up until June. Little did they know that they would meet again at the other side of the world. 

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Davo said:

Interesting thread from a Nix fan about Rudan. A similar thing went around a few months back.

This doesn't bother me a huge deal. Theres no loyalty in football anymore. Clubs and fans cant offer no loyalty but expect it in return. Players and coaches are free to look after themselves if they wish.

I just want to see Rudan get slapped because he stalked, harrassed and abused Mel McLaughlin over the course of 12 months. So much so she walked away from the game

10 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

This doesn't bother me a huge deal. Theres no loyalty in football anymore. Clubs and fans cant offer no loyalty but expect it in return. Players and coaches are free to look after themselves if they wish.

I just want to see Rudan get slapped because he stalked, harrassed and abused Mel McLaughlin over the course of 12 months. So much so she walked away from the game

If his contract had a clause that allowed him to leave then I have no problem with him going. Not a big fan of him recruiting Nix players for WU while still officially working for the Nix but I'm sure that sort of thing happens all the time in football. A bit scummy but I get it. However the suggestion that he sets up random social media accounts to abuse his critics is the interesting part for me, as this has come up before and also ties back in to the stalking stuff.

Seems like a slightly unhinged guy who can't let things go.

Edited by Davo
6 hours ago, Davo said:

If his contract had a clause that allowed him to leave then I have no problem with him going. Not a big fan of him recruiting Nix players for WU while still officially working for the Nix but I'm sure that sort of thing happens all the time in football. A bit scummy but I get it. However the suggestion that he sets up random social media accounts to abuse his critics is the interesting part for me, as this has come up before and also ties back in to the stalking stuff.

Seems like a slightly unhinged guy who can't let things go.

Yeah...it's not so much the mechanics of his looking to go to another club that's the big issue, nor is it talking to players in the Nux squad about going with him (though Mack's right about how wrong that was).

It's the way he has handled himself outside the confines of the changing sheds, away from player/coach/suits communication that is seriously fooked. His behaviour, assuming what he has been accused of is true, that should be the stuff that gets him called out.

Imagine the blizzard of opprobrium that would come down on a fan or...even worse...a RBB or other active member operated in this way with a member of the media or with a club official.

10 hours ago, Upthehill said:

I hadn't heard of this but if true really puts him in a bad light. 

the alleged behaviour by the individual for stalking Mel McGlaughlin is now being discussed in the Western United thread in FTBL.;)

Here is article that was posted without the name of the stalker

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/channel-7-s-mel-mclaughlin-stalker-exposed-from-usb-35499228.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFD7N_mcDRBX0lqTYpwPnWH2Oo4FTya6d3QdBxy2LsqDMnhQEAEMboTZRw47Va6aBzWUz-bWdyzQGk9IN8_g4fBnEtGGHY7ANMsQmrqid1IXW3H97BOqQdg-etmWae7M7H2kcDI0JPe0V-PNww3Yk4klpynfhGLcHhZQmQPdWwjl

Edited by Paul01
Added info