Adelaide United

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2019 at 11:09 AM, FCB said:

Rumored to take over from Kurz. If true: good luck with that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gertjan_Verbeek

:shok: "was sacked...was fired...was sacked....clashed with players.......was fired....... led a walkoff...the game was abandoned...." (rough paraphrase)

Interesting and volatile times ahead, by the sound of it. :unsure:

9 hours ago, wendybr said:

:shok: "was sacked...was fired...was sacked....clashed with players.......was fired....... led a walkoff...the game was abandoned...." (rough paraphrase)

Yesh, but in the A League it's unlikely anything will happen to trigger reactions like that.

:var:

20 hours ago, wendybr said:

Coaching entertainment has been lacking since Kenny got the arse. I welcome him :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Goodwin is off to Saudi club Al-Wehda.

That'll hurt them.

Ouch, sure will.  Current owners seem pretty frugal. Might be happy to get a bit of coin for the transfer?

11 minutes ago, Carns said:

Pretty sure they were quoted as saying they aren't going to spend big this season and will focus on developing youth.

How I wonder. The Adelaide area has produced some good young players over the years, but the club doesn't have a dedicated youth academy do they?

1 hour ago, LeeMarvin said:

How I wonder. The Adelaide area has produced some good young players over the years, but the club doesn't have a dedicated youth academy do they?

I'm not aware of one. Maybe they are scrimping to put money towards one?

I tried to get their line up as they had a trial match last night against MetroStars. Score being 3-1 to Adelaide United.

Two of those goals coming trial players. One was dutch midfielder Roland Alberg (which I mentioned before) who will probably be signed by Veerbak. The other was Kusini Yengi who plays for Adelaide Comets. 

It does seem they are going to use some youth players this season and maybe some NPL players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just reading the Adelaide forum and it appears this Chinese kid has been signed to take up a visa spot, but will be training with the youth team when he arrives (he doesn't get to Australia for another month).

Imagine if wsw wasted a visa spot like that 😮

Put a line through the reds this season

36 minutes ago, Pup55 said:

Just reading the Adelaide forum and it appears this Chinese kid has been signed to take up a visa spot, but will be training with the youth team when he arrives (he doesn't get to Australia for another month).

Imagine if wsw wasted a visa spot like that 😮

Put a line through the reds this season

It’s a leftist conspiracy