2018/19 A-League Grand Final

56 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

In its current form it does not work as it it is not accurate in showing who the true champion is. If we were thinking of having a north and south conference like the US or an Opener and Closer season like Latin America with a finals tourney to have overall champion could work.

The fact is the finals in its current form is the worst way to have an overall champion when the true champions is the premiers. Yet as the 60,000 people that turned up in Perth show the finals does have a place in Australia.

18 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

The stupidity of the Finals was on show last year when 4th placed Victory beat 2nd placed Newcastle....and were crowned

"Champions"

ffs

get rid of it, it's just a $ making exercise. Promote the FFA Cup more, that's the real knockout comp. 

Finals concept sucks...until the day we win it....then after that it will suck again. I do like an away GF trip though.

The FFA cup over time will hopefully grow, but that could take years.

23 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

I just want us to win 1 to get that monkey off our backs. After that, I'd like us to win more Premiers Plates + another ACL title or 2 wouldn't be too bad! 

Wasnt it Sir Alex who said he'd swap all ManU's FA wins for 1 more EPL title or CL title? 

Winning the FFA Cup next season would be a good start, home final at the new place. Silverware is needed next season,

Smurfs have won 4 GF, and three have been by pens. Stupid system.

Re: Santa, I was watching with a smurf. I said Redmayne will have trained with Santa for a few years and know he likes a tricky one down the middle, whether a panenka or along the ground. Told him Redmayne will just stand still and save it. Santa’s gotta be smarter than that.

The idea that Popa is a choker is crazy. This is a guy who rightfully has been credited with helping the Socceroos get over the hump by not backing down to Uruguay, who masterminded the ACL. He’s had some bad luck in GFs, which are lotteries when the teams are so close in terms of quality.

But chokers go missing, they hide away from big moments, or crack under pressure. Don’t see him doing that.

Sure you can question tactics. But I don’t see the tactics as choking. I would say this is the one he should be questioned the most for - should they have been more adventurous? Should Keogh have started? Etc but it ain’t choking.

17 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Winning the FFA Cup next season

Hopefully MB learned from this year's campaign that if you play a bunch of skinny kids against a team of burly amateurs with nothing to lose you risk getting monstered.