Melbourne Victory

17 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

They've signed Robbie Kruse for two years:

https://www.melbournevictory.com.au/news/kruse-makes-victory-return

Kosta won't be missed. 

If any HAL club was to sign any established BL1/2 forward everyone would be pretty impressed - with the exception of the wsw FB family perhaps. If that striker is an Aussie then some say "he ain't that good". 

Hammer signing for VIC and HAL. VIC will be the main rival for the title. I expect Kurz to whack three quality imports into midfield. Antonis and Valeri won't be missed either. 

7 hours ago, FCB said:

Kosta won't be missed. 

If any HAL club was to sign any established BL1/2 forward everyone would be pretty impressed - with the exception of the wsw FB family perhaps. If that striker is an Aussie then some say "he ain't that good". 

Hammer signing for VIC and HAL. VIC will be the main rival for the title. I expect Kurz to whack three quality imports into midfield. Antonis and Valeri won't be missed either. 

Kruse is an upgrade on Kosta so 100% Victory will be happy with this signing. Lets hope he finds his old form back for Socceroos (hopefully he doesn't find it against us) he hasn't been the same since 2015

Edited by Sithslayer1991

Kurz brought with him Filip Tapalovic as assistant coach, the man he worked with at Adelaide. Ex Croat international who used to play BL football. Add Carlos Salvachúa as assistant, and Anthony Crea as conditioning coach and you are looking at a top notch coaching group.

The incoming coaching groups at Adelaide and City would suggest that the league is going to be much more professional this season. It will be interesting how the traditional HAL coaches will shape up against them.

I'd take Barborouses every time over Kruze. He's stronger, at least as fast, if not faster and has a better eye for goal. His face is also much less punchable. 

Seriously though, I love Kostas attitude too, he doesn't sook, gets on with it and has great determination. Kruze on the other hand... I can just see him getting pushed off the ball all day. 

On 26/07/2019 at 2:36 PM, hughsey said:

If Kurz can keep a lid on his temper and stop verbally abusing everyone within earshot of the sideline, the potential for Victory to transform back into a major force under him is huge.

So are you saying he just needs not be Kevin Muscat?

• 3 weeks later...