Melbourne Victory

6 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I wouldn't take any of them apart from Brillante, in which we already have a lot of players in his position.

Matt Jurman was so inconsistent with us, but we have seen how Robinson can turn players around and help them perform.

Shows how good our recruitment combined with the kids coming through has been when I’m not sure I’d take any of them, whereas for the last three or four seasons  I’d have took all of them

Izzo maybe? He’d challenge Margush 

Jurman, wouldn’t improve the team, we already have Tass, McGowan, Natta and Ziggy who are better

Brillante he’d have got a start last game but not with dorrans back and Mutch coming to fitness 

• 2 weeks later...

Going through same thing we did with popa 

still more pain from them 

Zappa said in post game show only our game he spoke the MV chairman confirmed Brebner is going nowhere - he has the dreaded chairman’s backing! 

17 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Elvis Kamsoba thought it was a smart idea to go out and celebrate the 6-0 loss to Melbourne City:

Oh man

Tone deaf 1000

Victory have gone from one of the biggest, most efficient and successful clubs in Australian sport to a shambles overnight. From an outsiders perspective it’s like they’ve stopped trying. Very strange.

I actually don’t think their squad this season is that bad at all. They’re a decent outfit but just don’t seem to be able to put it together. With all respect to Brebner I think a club of that size and stature need to be recruiting a more established manager.

9 hours ago, hughsey said:

Victory have gone from one of the biggest, most efficient and successful clubs in Australian sport to a shambles overnight. From an outsiders perspective it’s like they’ve stopped trying. Very strange.

I actually don’t think their squad this season is that bad at all. They’re a decent outfit but just don’t seem to be able to put it together. With all respect to Brebner I think a club of that size and stature need to be recruiting a more established manager.

The cracks were showing the season they had Honda at the club. From there they could have fixed them or they got bigger.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

They are going to try and sign Popovic. He has until Tuesday to give them an answer.

Talay is their second choice.

I'm surprised there's no mention of Muscat.

SMH article pretty much said Muscat doesn't want to come back he is still trying to give Europe a crack. I don't what popa will do but I think Talay would say yes because his contract is up end of this season