Sydney FC

$50 for adult tickets in the ESFC section for our home derby.

Obviously it will sell out regardless, so the club is looking to cash in. ESFC did the same to us for a few seasons, but I'm not a fan of the gouging by A-league teams in general. Sets a bad precedent when we want to maximise away support. Obviously this game/opponent is a unique scenario.

13 minutes ago, Carns said:

$50 for adult tickets in the ESFC section for our home derby.

Obviously it will sell out regardless, so the club is looking to cash in. ESFC did the same to us for a few seasons, but I'm not a fan of the gouging by A-league teams in general. Sets a bad precedent when we want to maximise away support. Obviously this game/opponent is a unique scenario.

agree

#twentyisplenty

• 5 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Johnno said:

blocked her a while ago after a curse filled reply from her that ended in her recommending family copulation and something with smallgoods.  Tempted to unblock her now for the lols

Never been blocked by her or blocked her meself...definitely one of the real crazies out there with  the kind of irrationality that only comes from some serious deeply rooted insecurities.

However I will always find a nanosecond or two to see how she is tracking as he once had a big online argument with my ex about the Swans & AFL...it was hilarious. :ninja::rofl:

Edited by ManfredSchaefer
50 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

one of the real crazies out there with  the kind of irrationality that only comes from some serious deeply rooted insecurities.

It's actually reaallllly concerning. She'll post hourly about this stuff... wow. Like, I love you guys.... but I wouldn't commit to you. 

The ball didn't cross the line. Lucky, sure, but the refs got it right.

But to me, the Baccus one looked a handball live, looked a handball on the first replay, and looked a handball on every replay I've seen since. I genuinely don't know what the interpretation of the rule is now so if they've looked at it and said it isn't, fair enough, but if that was down the other end I'd still be screaming at them calling for a pen.

21 minutes ago, Pup55 said:

But to me, the Baccus one looked a handball live, looked a handball on the first replay, and looked a handball on every replay I've seen since. I genuinely don't know what the interpretation of the rule is now so if they've looked at it and said it isn't, fair enough, but if that was down the other end I'd still be screaming at them calling for a pen.

My assumption was that they didn't give it because he was off balance after a push in the back.

Not sure how the VAR works in that situation because the on field referee didn't give a foul so do they just rule on the handball in isolation? Or can they consider a foul if it causes the handball?

2 hours ago, Pup55 said:

I agree, Smurfs have reason to feel hard done by.

But then again, once Arnie took over the Smurfs, almost every game in the East saw a crucial decision going against us. Saba's red card, Sotirio's goal not given, Zullo's handball in the box, Carney hitting Herd in the face before milking a pen, LeFondre's offside goal given at SCG and Roly's goal not. It's high time that this trend gets mixed up a little.

1 hour ago, FCB said:

I agree, Smurfs have reason to feel hard done by.

But then again, once Arnie took over the Smurfs, almost every game in the East saw a crucial decision going against us. Saba's red card, Sotirio's goal not given, Zullo's handball in the box, Carney hitting Herd in the face before milking a pen, LeFondre's offside goal given at SCG and Roly's goal not. It's high time that this trend gets mixed up a little.

Would it be fair to say that the curse of Nishimiura has finally been lifted after this game?

Rumors were out that Le Fondre was going to be signed by Thai Premier League club Buriram United as they were looking to sign him up in the Summer transfer.

Le Fondre said last night it's the first he heard of it so the rumors are squashed:

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/le-fondre-responds-thailand-link-buhagiar-makes-long-awaited-return?fbclid=IwAR0VLdogUUKW89h2snb6k3yc0VO_R48xMko3d_TjSSI-AIZDcKTGg9YELDc

Edited by MathyouWSW
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2019 at 3:43 PM, matty said:

Filthy? 

Yes

You have the Airport, the Cooks River and the Industrial area surrounding it so therefore its a filthy place.

Robbie Fowler basically says Sydney are cheating !! 

The 44-year-old admits he's been left baffled by the calibre of talent some of his rivals have been able to pull together in their squads.

"It's been a bit of a nightmare to be honest," Fowler said.

"When you look at some of the teams, I don't know how teams do it.

"For example you look at Sydney last week when we played them, there's players on mega, mega deals.

"I know there's a way around salary caps but I'm still learning."

Fowler's comments come a day after Melbourne City captain Scott Jamieson became the latest A-League identity to suggest it's time the cap was adjusted.

Jamieson labelled the cap a "shambles" and suggested it should be reserved to Australian players with clubs allowed to then spend whatever they like on their quota of imports.

"Teams are spending the floor of their salary cap and other teams are spending a lot more, and it's not really doing anything for the competition to make it fair," Jamieson said.

SOURCE AAP