mack

Daniel Lopar

5 minutes ago, mack said:

2 year extension confirmed. :xbop:

if this is babbel's doing then #BabbelIn :P

He obviously has great talent but also I think he’s made some amateur mistakes on more than one occasion that’s cost us. Of all our first choice keepers we’ve had I think he’s the weakest of the lot.

1 hour ago, Bones said:

He obviously has great talent but also I think he’s made some amateur mistakes on more than one occasion that’s cost us. Of all our first choice keepers we’ve had I think he’s the weakest of the lot.

Ever heard of Vedran?

4 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Or Redmayne? It’s like he is not the same keeper that is current Easts keeper but at Wanderers he was woeful, even Bouzanis was outstandingly average while he was with us.

Redmayne has admitted he was terrible with us and mainly blamed himself. Going to the club with his former goal keeping coach John Crawley (and changing his own approach/attitude) was his saviour.

21 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Ever heard of Vedran?

That’s a fair call, I still don’t rate Lopar though.

11 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Or Redmayne? It’s like he is not the same keeper that is current Easts keeper but at Wanderers he was woeful, even Bouzanis was outstandingly average while he was with us.

Fair call too, there’s a problem with our coaching staff and has been for a while now. I don’t think Lopar will see out his contract as our number 1

Edited by Bones
Typo

On 16/01/2020 at 8:14 PM, Bones said:

have you watched us since Covic left?

21 hours ago, Bones said:

That’s a fair call, I still don’t rate Lopar though.

You don’t rate Lopar? 
have you watched how many points he saved us this season 

Ill give you he can improve his judgement of when to come For crosses and long balls outside of that for an A-League keeper he’s clearly on par with Covic as the only decent keeper we have had 

21 hours ago, Bones said:

I still don’t rate Lopar though.

Wow.

Edited by Wanderboy

On 18/01/2020 at 4:52 PM, Wanderboy said:

Wow.

I know right

On 18/01/2020 at 4:34 PM, GunnerWanderer said:

You don’t rate Lopar? 
have you watched how many points he saved us this season 

Ill give you he can improve his judgement of when to come For crosses and long balls outside of that for an A-League keeper he’s clearly on par with Covic as the only decent keeper we have had 

See that goal Perth scored tonight? Yeah he’s totally on par with Covic. 😂

Edited by Bones

On 18/01/2020 at 11:14 AM, StringerBellend said:

have you watched us since Covic left?

Yeah, and Lopar is very average.

37 minutes ago, Bones said:

Lopar is not to blame for that goal.  He was diving the right way and then the shot got deflected and the ball bounced over his legs.

51 minutes ago, Bones said:

Yeah, and Lopar is very average.

He isn't. But anyway that isn't what you said, you said he was the weakest of all of our first choice keepers.

Covic

Reddy

Redmayne (the one we had)

Bouzanis

Vedran

Lopar

He isn't the weakest of this five is he? really? 

Edited by StringerBellend

14 hours ago, Bones said:

Really? Did you miss that deflection?

13 hours ago, bombagol said:

Lopar is not to blame for that goal.  He was diving the right way and then the shot got deflected and the ball bounced over his legs.

Bomba spot on, massive deflection. Blame falls on McGowan again not just for giving the ball away but then not closing down Fornaroli, then cruelly deflecting it out of his path

22 hours ago, bombagol said:

22 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

He isn't. But anyway that isn't what you said, you said he was the weakest of all of our first choice keepers.

Covic

Reddy

Redmayne (the one we had)

Bouzanis

Vedran

Lopar

He isn't the weakest of this five is he? really? 

I honestly think he is. But it’s only my opinion I see things differently obviously.

9 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Really? Did you miss that deflection?

Bomba spot on, massive deflection. Blame falls on McGowan again not just for giving the ball away but then not closing down Fornaroli, then cruelly deflecting it out of his path

Deflected straight at him it’s like he moved to get out of the way of it 😀

22 hours ago, bombagol said:

I don’t blame him but a good keeper like Lopar supposedly should’ve done better. 

6 minutes ago, Bones said:

I honestly think he is. But it’s only my opinion I see things differently obviously.

You are strange man..

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

You are strange man..

People are strange but that’s not nice at all. That’s the second time you’ve insulted me personally. I played for 25 years and just don’t like what I’ve seen from Lopar, I saw better keepers in the state league. 

15 minutes ago, Bones said:

Deflected straight at him it’s like he moved to get out of the way of it 😀

10 minutes ago, Bones said:

I don’t blame him but a good keeper like Lopar supposedly should’ve done better. 

Unless you’ve been in a situation like then, then it looks a lot worse than on tape.

Once you’ve committed to moving another way, sometimes not even by much, then it’s impossible to readjust in the less than a second. Sometimes just moving your feet in a certain direction can be enough for it to impact upon saving a goal.

This becomes impossible when a defender causes a deflection (at such a distance) because he is already mid movement to save the initial shot.

Absolutely zero blame towards Lopar. If you want to blame someone blame McGowan for not shutting down the shot.

1 minute ago, Prydzopolis said:

Unless you’ve been in a situation like then, then it looks a lot worse than on tape.

Once you’ve committed to moving another way, sometimes not even by much, then it’s impossible to readjust in the less than a second. Sometimes just moving your feet in a certain direction can be enough for it to impact upon saving a goal.

This becomes impossible when a defender causes a deflection (at such a distance) because he is already mid movement to save the initial shot.

Absolutely zero blame towards Lopar. If you want to blame someone blame McGowan for not shutting down the shot.

I’m not blaming him I learnt early that to blame the keeper is weak, it got through 10 players to get to the keeper. He could’ve done better is all I’m saying and I expect better from our squad firstly and keeper second. It’s not his first time he’s looked ordinary. He’s used up all his benefit of the doubts in my book. My problem is why import a mediocre keeper when we’ve got plenty here already. Whole squad needs a kick up the arse. I used to say Meier was crap too.

33 minutes ago, Bones said:

People are strange but that’s not nice at all. That’s the second time you’ve insulted me personally. I played for 25 years and just don’t like what I’ve seen from Lopar, I saw better keepers in the state league. 

I really didn’t mean it to be insulting 

and yes people are strange 

each to their own I guess

7 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I really didn’t mean it to be insulting 

and yes people are strange 

each to their own I guess

All good.

I hope Lopar proves me wrong I want us to succeed.

5 minutes ago, Bones said:

All good.

I hope Lopar proves me wrong I want us to succeed.

I think Vedran was far worse, given the points he lost us last year. Although with Vedran it’s in his head, there is a good keeper in there somewhere