Jump to content
mack

Daniel Lopar

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I think Vedran was far worse, given the points he lost us last year. Although with Vedran it’s in his head, there is a good keeper in there somewhere 

You’re probably right but I just have a soft spot for players that get red cards 😀

Edited by Bones

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I really didn’t mean it to be insulting 

and yes people are strange 

each to their own I guess

Stringer needs to count to 10 sometimes. :)

At least Bonesy wasn't called a twat!

:D:D

Share this post


Link to post
On 17/01/2020 at 12:34 PM, Edinburgh said:

Redmayne has admitted he was terrible with us and mainly blamed himself. Going to the club with his former goal keeping coach John Crawley (and changing his own approach/attitude) was his saviour.

actual respect if this is true......well as much respect as i can have for a smurf :P

Share this post


Link to post

Georgievski on the Fox pod said that Lopar left due to not being happy with the pay situation (not getting paid and reduced pay for the remaining games) - rather than family issues as was reported on here. Can understand his point of view, but a different scenario to having a personal crisis.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Carns said:

Georgievski on the Fox pod said that Lopar left due to not being happy with the pay situation (not getting paid and reduced pay for the remaining games) - rather than family issues as was reported on here. Can understand his point of view, but a different scenario to having a personal crisis.

Mmmm...........makes you wonder whether he'll be back.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, sonar said:

Mmmm...........makes you wonder whether he'll be back.

Yep, thought the same thing. Particularly with the dramatically reduced cap next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave (even if currently contracted).

There will be a mass exodus of foreigners across the league (and higher quality Aussies) with the reduced budgets for all teams next year.

Share this post


Link to post

How much time has Vedran got left on his contract?

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

How much time has Vedran got left on his contract?

He got a 4 year deal at the end of the 2017/18 season. 2021/22 by my count, he's halfway through the current deal.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Carns said:

Georgievski on the Fox pod said that Lopar left due to not being happy with the pay situation (not getting paid and reduced pay for the remaining games) - rather than family issues as was reported on here. Can understand his point of view, but a different scenario to having a personal crisis.

I have heard he isn't the Schwegler type and is a bit selfish. I totally understand his situation but its a bit worrying that a contracted player won't stay and finish the season even if he is on a bit less money.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

How much time has Vedran got left on his contract?

Too long

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I have heard he isn't the Schwegler type and is a bit selfish. I totally understand his situation but its a bit worrying that a contracted player won't stay and finish the season even if he is on a bit less money.

Foreign players didn't get paid at all when the league was shut down (like the Australian players) but also weren't entitled to any Government assistance (which Australian players were entitled too), he has every right to leave. I don't work for free, and I could imagine trying to survive in a foreign country with no income or support network would be daunting (hence why most, if not all? our foreign players went home).

I agree that Schwegler (and others) have shown integrity in coming back, but I don't blame others for not doing it for a handful of games and a fraction of pay. It has affected every club except Sydney (whose players didn't leave and were paid throughout) and the Nux (who've arguably made a bigger sacrifice and been through worse than other clubs).

Can almost guarantee all the foreign players will be elsewhere next season with the reduced cap anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I have heard he isn't the Schwegler type and is a bit selfish. I totally understand his situation but its a bit worrying that a contracted player won't stay and finish the season even if he is on a bit less money.

I’m surprised more haven’t left, he’s been asked to stay on the other side of world to play a bunch of games during a pandemic for less money than agreed after not being paid for months, he’s every right to say no 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Carns said:

Yep, thought the same thing. Particularly with the dramatically reduced cap next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave (even if currently contracted).

@Taurus has suggested that there will be cap concessions for those players that are outside the new player pay arrangements.

4 hours ago, Carns said:

Foreign players didn't get paid at all when the league was shut down (like the Australian players) but also weren't entitled to any Government assistance (which Australian players were entitled too), he has every right to leave. I don't work for free, and I could imagine trying to survive in a foreign country with no income or support network would be daunting (hence why most, if not all? our foreign players went home).

let’s not forget that these players are taking a massive pay cut for the remaining months of the season. Yes they’ve been paid for 3/4 of the season but they’ve got nothing since the season stopped.

To be honest, his contract is technically void. He doesn’t need to come back at all. It’s a shame we lost him but totally understand his position especially now with the way the virus has spread.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m surprised more haven’t left, he’s been asked to stay on the other side of world to play a bunch of games during a pandemic for less money than agreed after not being paid for months, he’s every right to say no 

Never said he didn't, I said I understand his situation and respect his decision. I feel some players just show more commitment than others. I know some players were willing to finish the season without pay, they just wanted to finish it with the lads and make the 6.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...