Sign in to follow this  
Prydzopolis

Women's World Cup - France 2019

2 minutes ago, mack said:

On my Optus stream there's just one guy?

Sorry yes commentator, he was total **** 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

I hate the way the AR’s are leaving the flag down for even obvious offside. The Italian was meters offside near the halfway line and they let them run all the way to the box, cross, have a goal mouth scramble then when it gets put behind for a corner the flag goes up.

Is Kerr still on?

6 minutes ago, Davo said:

I hate the way the AR’s are leaving the flag down for even obvious offside. The Italian was meters offside near the halfway line and they let them run all the way to the box, cross, have a goal mouth scramble then when it gets put behind for a corner the flag goes up.

Happened again. Flag stays down, ball ends up in the keepers hands who tries to roll it out for a quick release, flag goes up and they have to bring the ball back for the free kick...

1 minute ago, Davo said:

Happened again. Flag stays down, ball ends up in the keepers hands who tries to roll it out for a quick release, flag goes up and they have to bring the ball back for the free kick...

This is getting stupid, I can understand the close ones but the obvious ones why not pull them up

Posted (edited)

Referee is too weak on time wasting. Every foul the Italians either kick the ball away or stand over the ball. The ref runs in, yells at them and waves her arms around but hasn’t given a card.

Edited by Davo

Kudos to the FFA who have taken a team who were challenging to be No 1, sacked the coach for who knows why, and now we go to a team who at present may not even get out of the group. Well done.

For a team that was meant to be one of the favorites .... didn't really show much promise. 

Hopefully first game jitters but it will be difo from here on.

5 minutes ago, sonar said:

Kudos to the FFA who have taken a team who were challenging to be No 1, sacked the coach for who knows why, and now we go to a team who at present may not even get out of the group. Well done.

Thank you Heather.....

2 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Absolute BS

Havent felt like this since 2006

Milicic's tactics are so easy to read and counter and that is what the Italians did.  The warning signs have been there before the comp started. Can't help but get angry.

You’d have to assume Jamaica will get beaten by Brazil and Italy so we’re basically already down to sudden death. Lose to Brazil and we’re likely out at the group stage with a game to spare.

That went well. #AUSITA 

1 hour ago, tardotz said:

For a team that was meant to be one of the favorites .... didn't really show much promise. 

Hopefully first game jitters but it will be difo from here on.

Squad is ageing & those that aren't are sadly out of form, particularly in front 3rd.

If you don't take your opportunities you'll get punished, particularly when you make basic errors & turnover the ball in dangerous areas. 

1 hour ago, Davo said:

I’m waiting for a cynical hardcore defender to start scything down players when they know it’s onside. Someone will get injured. 

1 minute ago, Taurus said:

Squad is ageing & those that aren't are sadly out of form, particularly in front 3rd.

If you don't take your opportunities you'll get punished, particularly when you make basic errors & turnover the ball in dangerous areas. 

Yeah the form of many of them is really poor. I think they’ve been bad since they started banging on about winning it (about a year or more ago).

42 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

I’m waiting for a cynical hardcore defender to start scything down players when they know it’s onside. Someone will get injured. 

You can still get red or yellow carded for a bad tackle even if there's an offside.

I might make myself unpopular here but Kerr shouldn't be captain. We had NO onfield leadership. Many people seem to think that Carpenter was our best player last night. She started badly but improved as the game went on but still defensively weak; probably sums up the current status of the team as more heralded players didn't perform up to expectations. KK must start against Brazil.

7 hours ago, mack said:

You can still get red or yellow carded for a bad tackle even if there's an offside.

Which shows the folly of playing on when it’s obviously offside. Why should someone get a card when they are desperately trying to stop something that shouldn’t have been happening?

I still think some cynical defender is gonna hack someone down out of frustration at the play stupidly playing on, then there’ll be controversy.

And Oz football once again shows how it’s done.....1 step forward, 3 steps backwards, internal division, a few cheap shots, legal action, money wasted, another mediocre performance at international level and meanwhile the geniuses at FFA will be congratulating themselves on their inclusivity and whatnot and voting the chairman in for another term. Honestly you couldn’t make this stuff up. For shame.

Posted (edited)

Kamikaze high line, and endless passing for no reason across the back, it was like watching Gomabau’s Wanderers 

the first goal was Hammilesque 

Edited by StringerBellend