Wanderers To Face Perth In FFA Cup Opener

7 minutes ago, papersun said:

Thanks for the reply.  So the sensible fans suffer because of the past actions of a few morons who I thought had largely been eradicated anyway.

I wonder if there will be a time when the situation becomes normal again.

Hopefully the club's work on the return to Wanderland is as successful as we all would like, including the interaction between club, actives, security and police. If so, a return to situation normal should be a flow on result.

On 13/07/2019 at 11:40 AM, papersun said:

Thanks for the reply.  So the sensible fans suffer because of the past actions of a few morons who I thought had largely been eradicated anyway.

I wonder if there will be a time when the situation becomes normal again.

I too hope the situation becomes normal again. Season One & Two normal. It's the sensible fans that made this club what it became after all. Those moron fans. It's all about them. Like paper that flies too close to the sun. Then they complain. Really. Oh em gee.

12 hours ago, DamnedUnited said:

I too hope the situation becomes normal again. Season One & Two normal. It's the sensible fans that made this club what it became after all. Those moron fans. It's all about them. Like paper that flies too close to the sun. Then they complain. Really. Oh em gee.

Not sure why I'm bothering to buy into this...again. But, with respect...here I go.

What brought the club's  support to a peak of its awesome  power was when there was a mesmerising synergy between a few hundred brilliant and loud actives, and 20 thousand ordinary supporters in the stands.

Pretty much everyone would 100%  acknowledge that all the brilliant initiative came from the energy and passion of the RBB. There is no question about that, and without the RBB, we'd have had nothing of the support we had

But within that support, there were elements that, from the start, contained the potential destruction of that synergy (which, in honesty, was dissipating from about Season 3 or 4).

Yep, sure, there were clear outside pressures...e.g. overpolicing and some disgusting displays from the riot squad etc, etc, who I hope do not make a reappearance.

But if a resurrected RBB intends to go down exactly the same path as it did the first time round,  with exactly the same elements eating it from within, then we will never have a chance of regaining what we had in those early season.

The RBB with potentially 30,000 supporters in the stands would be beyond awesome. To reconnect with that,  just a little compromising of the original vision might be needed.

I'm not sure that that compromise will happen, although I'd desperately love to think it could.

That's my 20cents worth anyway.

:):)

If we are at a point now where aleague clubs are considering having closed door trial games due to police costs then how is (an eventual) second division club meant to get by when their crowds will be presumably similar size?

19 minutes ago, hughsey said:

If we are at a point now where aleague clubs are considering having closed door trial games due to police costs then how is (an eventual) second division club meant to get by when their crowds will be presumably similar size?

Fair point. But we may be an exception rather than the rule.