What is expected being in safe standing/active section

Anyone else get the email allowing you to buy additonal tickets into RBB, including standing section?

Seems there are few tickets left, the family end is all sold out, including up top, the sides have single seats left, but the corners and RBB have been opened up. You can actually get 10 tickets in RBB standing! From one extreme to the other it seems.

8 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Anyone else get the email allowing you to buy additonal tickets into RBB, including standing section?

Seems there are few tickets left, the family end is all sold out, including up top, the sides have single seats left, but the corners and RBB have been opened up. You can actually get 10 tickets in RBB standing! From one extreme to the other it seems.

I thought it was just they bays above the RBB? I just went in to Ticketek and the standing area didn't seem to be open? The bays above the RBB you can get up to 10.

great performance

however way to many passengers in right hand side standing bays

If you purchased this section cause it was the cheapest i am sure we can accommodate for you to move

and to the dickhead who cut down one of the material strip in the central bay....i am sure we will never see you again you bandwagon **** 

On 28/10/2019 at 9:06 AM, BigDukes said:

great performance

however way to many passengers in right hand side standing bays

If you purchased this section cause it was the cheapest i am sure we can accommodate for you to move

and to the dickhead who cut down one of the material strip in the central bay....i am sure we will never see you again you bandwagon **** 

I was near that. Pretty sure those guys are there every week. Thing is, HEAPS of people still don’t get what an active end is supposed to be like. Some people still think that it is just the place to sing. The don’t get it that they might have a flag in their face or material in the way. We had one dude near us arc up at a guy because he was bumping into him!!

I had mates saying “move the strip, it’s in the way.” I had to tell them to leave it, it’s part of it. I loved it, was like being in Argie. But, I must admit, I just moved to the side so I could see! We’re a bit different to Argentina etc., people still wanna see.

• 1 year later...

Attendances seem to be very low across the league, possibly the lingering effect of covid and people not wanting to go out. Either that or people have just lost interest in the league. I would say a mix of the two.

I know quite a few people that used to regularly go to games with me and had memberships who haven't been to our games in years, let alone renewed. Mind you they lost interest before covid, in most cases due to our performance over the last few years.

Hoping a good season and less restrictions will bring the crowds and atmosphere back!

Attendances won't recover this season; apart from finals the only games we are likely to see a 5 figure crowd is us against FC. Active support is almost extinct as well; it's going to take a lot amongst remaining members across all clubs to get it back to half decent again.

• 1 month later...

Something really needs to be done about ticketing in the RBB. Can anyone speak to the club about it? Their was a lot of miscommunication about being able to purchase additional standing RBB tickets and it really showed last night with just 1 full bay at a derby. Pretty dissapointing. Their needs to be an easier way for non-members to buy active tickets. Their is too much restriction and it's really hurting the numbers we could potentially get. 

Edited by GE942150
1 hour ago, GE942150 said:

Something really needs to be done about ticketing in the RBB. Can anyone speak to the club about it? Their was a lot of miscommunication about being able to purchase additional standing RBB tickets and it really showed last night with just 1 full bay at a derby. Pretty dissapointing. Their needs to be an easier way for non-members to buy active tickets. Their is too much restriction and it's really hurting the numbers we could potentially get. 

Yeah I had issues with this.

The club advised that they had sent out SMSes to RBB Members with a code to purchase additional standing RBB tickets. Which in itself is odd, considering in all previous scenarios and seasons, it's been a code via email?  I didn't receive it, and several other RBB didn't either. 

When I reached out to the club, it took them half the week to even give me that code to buy Active Tix which was frustrating. Considering we bought 6 extra active tickets - it would've been much easier to just tell said friends to not bother wasting their $45.00 (!!!)  

Logical me says it was a technical glitch, and gives the club the benefit of the doubt...

Conspiracist me says they did this on purpose, to reduce the numbers of Active... 

11 minutes ago, 102megan said:

The club advised that they had sent out SMSes to RBB Members with a code to purchase additional standing RBB tickets. Which in itself is odd, considering in all previous scenarios and seasons, it's been a code via email?  I didn't receive it, and several other RBB didn't either. 

When I reached out to the club, it took them half the week to even give me that code to buy Active Tix which was frustrating. Considering we bought 6 extra active tickets - it would've been much easier to just tell said friends to not bother wasting their $45.00 (!!!)  

Logical me says it was a technical glitch, and gives the club the benefit of the doubt...

Conspiracist me says they did this on purpose, to reduce the numbers of Active... 

Correct, they usually send it by email. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened on purpose tbh. Hopefully it gets sorted for the next home derby.

20 minutes ago, 102megan said:

$45 is ridiculous. That's the price of premium tickets on the east side. Just another factor turning people off the active section. Should be no more than $20-$30.

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

There's absolutely no excuse not to have the safe standing installed now that stadium capacity is at 100%.

It'll stop power tripping riot cops threatening to kick people out for standing on seats - that's how **** bored they were.

doubt it'd happen cos NRL.

someone needs to invent a drinks tray that clips onto the safe standing rails if we wanna have the NRL games using them too 

On 05/05/2021 at 12:46 PM, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

doubt it'd happen cos NRL.

someone needs to invent a drinks tray that clips onto the safe standing rails if we wanna have the NRL games using them too 

Why does it matter what the NRL do?

Doesn’t it only take a couple hours to change?

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

Why does it matter what the NRL do?

Doesn’t it only take a couple hours to change?

I don't think they want to spend the money changing it every week or 2 well into the season.