Merchandise & Playing Kit 2019/20

Nike arent going to provide bespoke designs to us, unlike clubs like barca, right? So we only  have a choice of a few hoop variations I remember this being mentioned a few years ago. 

1 minute ago, lloydy136 said:

Sticking with my season 1 Shinji jersey it is then.

Mine's framed! Havent bought another one since. 

Not a fan, and as per previous years, looks like no Ladies’ cut for the jerseys. 

WSW are claiming it’s a homage to S1’s jersey - but I can’t see it??  Different shade of red, size of the hoops aren’t similar, back of the jersey is different.   

Looking forward to the RBB merch. for this year! 

10 minutes ago, Taurus said:

I get the edgey launch, but you need to have the wears (in this case a decent kit) to back it up. Btw, whats doing with the nose ring models?

I'd support the lads if they were wearing red & black rags, so whilst I'm not a fan of the new kit, so be it

I think they went for a streetwear aesthetic for the art direction, but do agree that the "talent" selection seems to be a bit "methy". Also for this type of photography the lighting is terrible.

1 minute ago, echidna said:

ZachMercer is right - that mixing of smaller lower bands and broader higher ones is an echo of 1980s t-shirt design - though here, in this day and age and on our football shirt, it really does not work.

Oh well, at least the team has every chance of playing better than they look!

I like the retro look too, but as a designer nothing fn sh*ts me more than poor execution. This is the second time our and the a league logo look squashed into the top strip with no negative space (top and bottom), like shirts are ordered as blanks then someone works out how to fit it all in. 

6 minutes ago, echidna said:

ZachMercer is right - that mixing of smaller lower bands and broader higher ones is an echo of 1980s t-shirt design - though here, in this day and age and on our football shirt, it really does not work.

Oh well, at least the team has every chance of playing better than they look!

80's must be back in again - look at Man U's 1980s NZ World Series Cricket inspired creamy brown coloured kit.

It’s a double edged sword being with Nike. You have to deal with occasionally **** templates but the jerseys are cheaper to purchase.

The price of replica jerseys from some of the smaller independent manufacturers is ridiculous. Ive seen some rugby league jerseys upwards of $150...

17 minutes ago, hughsey said:

It’s a double edged sword being with Nike. You have to deal with occasionally **** templates but the jerseys are cheaper to purchase.

The price of replica jerseys from some of the smaller independent manufacturers is ridiculous. Ive seen some rugby league jerseys upwards of $150...

Most NRL jerseys are $160+. 

Most A-League jerseys are $110+. 

Just now, 102megan said:

Most NRL jerseys are $160+. 

Most A-League jerseys are $110+. 

I always buy mine at the end of the season when Peter Wynn sells them for 50 bucks.

That might change in future though when I know with the new Independent A-League, the clubs will get a greater cut from kit sales. I'd rather my money go to the club than the FFA or Nike.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic