mack

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Leeds United 20/07/2019 7:00PM

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Ffs.

Score not important. They are two weeks from the start of their season. More importantly, we look a well coached side, even when the young guys come on. 

For me Elrich is looking like he will be  huge liability. I'm not an Elrich hater either, he has been great for our club but last year he was a liability at times and he looked it again tonight unfortunately.

What was the crowd figure?

With over 2.5 goals in my multi...I would of been very upset if this didn’t happen

this game should of had 8 goals

10 minutes ago, octa9ona11 said:

For me Elrich is looking like he will be  huge liability. I'm not an Elrich hater either, he has been great for our club but last year he was a liability at times and he looked it again tonight unfortunately.

Again, I think he’ll be a better player in a side with better players who are all being coached well. 

2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Correct. Bein stream somewhere. Try club website for link

Snuck into RBB woohoo

Wasn't top difficult was it ed :lol:

24 minutes ago, papersun said:

What was the crowd figure?

Crowd was 24,487 I think. Definitely in the 24s anyway.

Not bad in second half, with a full youth team, the future is bright. Either Tass or Tate was most senior on the pitch for last 20 mins.

Not going to be too hard on individuals on what was our first warm up game against a far superior side, another day could have been 5 or 6 -1. Some pretty average defending in part first half regardless of opposition first half mind.

The stadium is amazing isn't it. I feel this was a good warm up in to our new home, but still a long way to go to get the old Parra vibe back. That will take a big game with a big moment to get the crowd pumping I feel, something that will get us all back on our feet and have us all doing to poznan and call responses with enthusiasm again. That was never going to be fixed in a one off pre season friendly after 3 shyte years, a step back down the right road I feel.

Pretty good view from the North West corner, just over the wall from the corporate side, but could not hear the RBB as loud as I thought.

O and the stadium needs to invest in some better quality toilet paper.....

Rbb looks dead and not as loud as I thought they would be . The Bays look empty. Something the club needs to sort out.  Allow for more people to enter ?

Just in, do not know what shape on the right was going on first half, Mcgowan kept drifting back in to CH position and Kamau came halfway back allowing Leeds left side player all the room in the world in that quadrant, they were pumping us from that area.

Schweigler has got dog, he could have been booked for any 3 on the trot first half hour, think we found the hitman to upset treejack!

How good was young Wilmering? and thank christ looks like we have found a real keeper, was skeptical about buying a keeper first up but he looks the goods.

Goes without saying my motm the Duke carrying on from last season, he is effort and class, expecting great things from him this year.

time for cocoa.

At least we shat on them in the terraces. I think I must of heard them chant about four times in the whole game.

36 minutes ago, marron said:

Wasn't top difficult was it ed :lol:

The physical effort and the contotion like movement needed to be seen to be believed. Plus the mental excellence and speed of thought was exceptional ***

*** do you have a ticket, yes it's in my back pocket, while not pausing in the slightest 

O and had a nice meal pre game next to a couple that had come over from Leeds. I wanted to hate them, but couldn't, had a good chat about Leeds, Boro and Yorkshire.

1 minute ago, dcrow said:

At least we shat on them in the terraces. I think I must of heard them chant about four times in the whole game.

They only have 1 song 'marching on together'.

2 minutes ago, Erimus said:

They only have 1 song 'marching on together'.

When they fired up in a burst of a few seconds they were loud. But that was very fleeting.

They did the "Youre **** ahhhh" if that's  what it is...but yeah, they were pretty tame.

Well done to the RBB!

Clearly numbers are not what they once were, but hopefully more will be back on deck when the season starts properly.

And as always, they kept up a sustained effort. Great work!

:) :)

1 hour ago, octa9ona11 said:

I am an Elrich hater. Isn't there a bakery somewhere he could learn a new trade because footballer he ain't. And captain he definitely isn't. Trying and training hard aka Sotirio doesn't cut it. He's the last piece of deadwood left from last season. 

A few random thoughts.......

RBB was awesome. Love the stadium......had a great view..Bye bye Vedran...Lopar was ace. We should of been done by 4 or 5 but we hung in there. We weren't the better side on the pitch but our goal was a ripper.......that pass from Baccus........we should of scored a couple more. We need a dedicated striker. Duke/Yeboah put in. McGowan was terrible.We still need to gel defensively.

Can't wait for the season to get going.lol Overall a good night.

I thought McGowan was the one at the back that looked terrible. Him and Kamau looked like they were just introduced before the game.

17 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

The physical effort and the contotion like movement needed to be seen to be believed. Plus the mental excellence and speed of thought was exceptional ***

*** do you have a ticket, yes it's in my back pocket, while not pausing in the slightest 

Haha.

I just picked my moment from the side.

3 minutes ago, sonar said:

A few random thoughts.......

RBB was awesome. Love the stadium......had a great view..Bye bye Vedran...Lopar was ace. We should of been done by 4 or 5 but we hung in there. We weren't the better side on the pitch but our goal was a ripper.......that pass from Baccus........we should of scored a couple more. We need a dedicated striker. Duke/Yeboah put in. McGowan was terrible.We still need to gel defensively.

Can't wait for the season to get going.lol Overall a good night.

Save by Lopar where he got down quick was amazing.

RBB fantastic and will be great to see the safe standing section full up....

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

I thought McGowan was the one at the back that looked terrible. Him and Kamau looked like they were just introduced before the game.

Agree 100%, hope Babbel and co penciled that in for first up in training next week to work on.

I will always miss the old place but it's a pretty good joint. From my seat at the very back you could still see the skyline. It was great to be back walking through parra and seeing red and black everywhere. The RBB will have their work cut out I think but it will come,,they're still figuring stuff out and were missing the full la banda which is always tough.  Safe standing is cool but I'd say get used to seeing the ends vacant, I hope there's a solution there but i doubt it.

I'm guessing stringer wasn't there otherwise we'd be talking about majeweski in certain terms.