Hernandez Late Show Wins Stadium Opener

28 minutes ago, Erimus said:

So we need Boney M playing over the PA before each game is what your sayin?

Are Boney M 'west Sydney enough' though?

Great point Smoggy!

To those in the know, how many of our iconic chants are based on original material from Western Sydney.

And if the answer is as I think it is, then here is no reason to be precious about a walkout song not being from Western Sydney.

3 minutes ago, FCB said:

Just to make sure that I am understanding this: you guys are discussing a goal celebration song right? I personally don't need one. One goal was scored last night, and after traditional celebrations plus a bit of "let's go flipping mental" my voice is shot.  

Come back tomorrow my friend...we're on a roll here! 

And it isn't about football!  :D

16 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Well...that's almost a first, and there's only one thing to say to that, which is...

Woo Hoo! Ed likes it!

Now for balance, can we get Stringer's little daughter to give her opinion...and if it's a thumbs up, I say we go with it!

RBB opinions are irrelevant.

PS What do you mean watching it is painful - it's fantastic...and surely just a little reminiscent of people throwing themselves around in wild delirium in the PBB as a goal celebration?? :D

Not sure now why watching was painful ( and I'm happy that I've been able to erase most of the memory), but it was too painful to risk watching it again.

11 minutes ago, Erimus said:

I loved it yesterday when about 45mins before kick off the new lady pitch side build up person went to the RBB and asked them to make some noise lol

I was stood right above the RBB at that point..i think one sctatched his arse and one or two flicked the V 's lol Silence

The RBB dont do requests lol

Outside of corrupt and/or incompetent administrators, there are not many things worse in sport that’s those people shouting out “make some noise” or “let’s hear it from all the < fill in team here> fans”.

If there’s atmosphere it’s not needed, and if there’s not then all it does is highlight the lack of atmosphere.

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Great point Smoggy!

To those in the know, how many of our iconic chants are based on original material from Western Sydney.

And if the answer is as I think it is, then here is no reason to be precious about a walkout song not being from Western Sydney.

I don’t think anyone’s getting precious, they’re just saying it’s better if it is. Stop being snipey.

Or snippy, or whatever it was! Hahaha

Not sure now why watching was painful ( and I'm happy that I've been able to erase most of the memory), but it was too painful to risk watching it again.

Pffft!

If you say so!

I should be grateful you even watched the relevant 15 seconds, let alone the whole 2 minutes. ;)

35 minutes ago, wendybr said:

No it's just 

WOO HOO!

You'd sing that wouldn't you Ed?

Or isn't it snarly and intimidating enough for you

Correct, too woossy.

Doesn't need to be swearing, and I wouldn't want it to be.

20 minutes ago, Erimus said:

I loved it yesterday when about 45mins before kick off the new lady pitch side build up person went to the RBB and asked them to make some noise lol

I was stood right above the RBB at that point..i think one sctatched his arse and one or two flicked the V 's lol Silence

The RBB dont do requests lol

I have a real soft spot for moments like that.

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

But but...you didn't hate it.

In fact, you'd have recognised it...from some ad or other, I think. 

Pretty sure it was toyota.

I remember because I was working for this survey company and asked a million people all over australia about it, as well as what they thought of homosexuality.

14 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

I don’t think anyone’s getting precious, they’re just saying it’s better if it is. Stop being snipey.

Or snippy, or whatever it was! Hahaha

Not snippy or snipey - just frustrated that, even amongst a dozen people, here and on the dedicated song threads, after all the hours that have been spent discussing it, no two people ever agree. Which indicates how hard it would be to get a stadium full of people to  agree.

And amongst the reasons what are always thrown up, are ...it needs to come about organically (marron),  it should come from Western Sydney (lots of people), it isn't intimidating enough (most), it's too lame/commercial/woosie (most).

Sigh.

5 minutes ago, marron said:

Pretty sure it was toyota.

I remember because I was working for this survey company and asked a million people all over australia about it, as well as what they thought of homosexuality.

You're probably quite right - I would've said it was an ad for a car. It was quite high exposure I'd have thought - so subliminally, most people, unless very young,  would have been exposed to it.

20 minutes ago, wendybr said:

But but...you didn't hate it.

In fact, you'd have recognised it...from some ad or other, I think. 

Didn't hate =/= like. But as celebration music could be okay. But hopefully I'd never hear it as the crowd cheering will drown it out.

Can't say I recognised it.

7 minutes ago, Erimus said:

I don't think I can stand another 3 months of this till the season starts... :blink: I need us to beat Perth to save my sanity...

Pffft!

If you didn't love it, you'd have been off watching that Ninja thing on the tele!

Probably half the country was doing so - or some other such stuff. :P