Sign in to follow this  
mack

Hernandez Late Show Wins Stadium Opener

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I listened to the presser and Bossi asked Babbel what he thought of Kearyn Baccus's pass and Babbel corrected him immediately.

I would love to see the day Bossi rocks up to a post match presser at Parra and a couple of security guys step in front of him and turn him away..

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Whatever does become a walkout song for the WSW one day, I hope it’s referred to as ‘Wendy’s Song’ because I love your passion for it Wendy! Even if you do derail threads with the discussion :P :cheeky:

Hahaha...sorry...and thanks Hughsey!

It'll happen sometime, but there's every chance I'll hate whatever it is, given the diversity of thought even amongst this little community.

The banter about it is enjoyable though!

And October is still such a long way off......

:)  :)

Yeah, so it was a good game.... 

Walk out song thread is not this. 

7 hours ago, hughsey said:

Whatever does become a walkout song for the WSW one day, I hope it’s referred to as ‘Wendy’s Song’ 

Sounds like the name of a Beatles song..probably is...

5 hours ago, matty said:

Yeah, so it was a good game.... 

Walk out song thread is not this. 

So who's snippy now?

OK...over to you guys... :D

10 hours ago, Beer said:

I was looking forward to reading through 6 pages of game analysis and stadium discussion and all I got was 5.5 pages of trash about a walk out song. 

V disappointed. 

I'm glad you appreciated my posts. Sorry, I can't do anything about the others.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

So who's snippy now?

When Babbel comes out and says something along the lines of this....people may care.......lol

Wir haben kein Streiklied und der Club ist in Unordnung. Es kostet uns Spiele. Die Fans müssen ihre Finger herausziehen und es schaffen. Vielleicht bringen sie während des nächsten Fan-Transfer-Fensters frisches Blut herein und bringen hoffentlich die Basis wieder in Schwung. Die Spieler sind am Boden zerstört von der mangelnden Fan-Leistung, dem Engagement und keinem Streik-Song. Und wollen, dass es sich ändert. Wir werden sehen was passiert.

We save the strike songs for the boycotts.

4 minutes ago, marron said:

We save the strike songs for the boycotts.

Got to love Google translate.......strike=walkout....:D

Watching the game on Bein sports, I literally had goosebumps as the teams walked out - the atmosphere was awesome. 

A lot of work to do yet I know, but from what I saw on Saturday night looks like we will be playing a style with greater mobility and higher tempo this season.  I am certainly feeling a lot more positive than I did after seeing Wanderers almost get beaten by Darwin Hellenic in the FFA Cup opening round last year.

Yes I figured :lol:

Perhaps "entrance song" - Eingangsleid

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wendybr said:

So who's snippy now?

I am. Because people keep derailing threads with puns and off topic discussions. 

Edited by matty

Babel played 3 at the back a few times last season and it generally went fine (especially considering it can take players a bit to get used to it). I'm hoping McGowan is just rusty in general, I'm sure he can manage playing 3 at the back. 

2 minutes ago, matty said:

Babel played 3 at the back a few times last season and it generally went fine (especially considering it can take players a bit to get used to it). I'm hoping McGowan is just rusty in general, I'm sure he can manage playing 3 at the back. 

He's only been with us a week. Time will tell.

If we are indeed locking in the 3 at the back, we need to make our wing backs our priority. We simply cannot overlook those positions. They are essential to all this working. Adama Traoré is without a club after coming off an acl rupture. Would love to see him given a trial and fitness test here in australia as he would fit like a glove on the left with Georgievski on the right. If we can get good possesion based attacking wing backs it will suit our inverted attackers like Duke and Yeboah to a tee. Russel and Wimmering/Cordier can learn a lot from another season as back ups and with surely get a few runs with 5 needed to cover our backline. 

Add a striker up front and a taller more physical presence along side Schwegler in the middle and we are set. 

Yeah I've been watching the wing back Roles with interest. I'd be surprised if Babel thinks Kamau is a good fit but that's where he's played a lot. I reckon Georgievski is nailed on for left WB

33 minutes ago, matty said:

I am. Because people keep derailing threads with puns and off topic discussions. 

Totally agree..this group who derail threads with pointless puns and walkout songs is disgusting isnt it. They should grow up.

17 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Totally agree..this group who derail threads with pointless puns and walkout songs is disgusting isnt it. They should grow up.

I have.

21 minutes ago, Erimus said:

3 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I have.

So have I. I was 183 cm at the start of this thread...now I'm 183.1 cm.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

So have I. I was 183 cm at the start of this thread...now I'm 183.1 cm.

That's nothing! I was 5 feet 5 and a half inches. Now I'm 166.37 cm.

Just an observation....

Our post game threads have rarely only been about analysis of the game. Discussions have erupted over flairs, chants, policing, issues related to atmosphere, as well as about the technical features of the game. Those discussions of the non-technical aspects of the game experience have actually been how we got to know each other tbh - and how we have formed a community.

This thread has reached 7 pages for the first time in quite some time, I'd say...2 pages in the first 24 hours, another half page today....and 5 pages last night in the space of 2 hours, where WSF community members discussed, both seriously and frivolously, issues initiated by a feature of the stadium experience during the Leeds game. 

I personally love it when banter happens here...it's done with warmth and humour, and adds to our sense of community. 

My 2 cents worth. :):)

12 hours ago, Erimus said:

PS Smoggy - go look at what I left for you on the Music Thread! :rofl:

13 hours ago, Erimus said:

I have my 4 year grand daughter staying and she loves Wendy's Song from Bob the Builder.  

Yay this is the first we've seen of you participating in a thread  "derailment" rcfinc!

Welcome - and thanks for the laugh! :lol:

Just to put this thread back on track,  I just listened to Pablo Hernandez on the sideline being interviewed by Carly Adno. He was more complimentary about our defense then we are. He said they (the defense) did good.

My english colleague at work is a Leeds fan. She was at the game and pretty happy with the result. Thought the stadium was amazing, as was the atmostphere and thought our number 27 (Yeboah)was a standout.

I watched a bit of the first half on replay this arvo. The atmosphere through the tv sounded even better than at the actual game. Imagine a proper game there...

21 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Oooh matty gonna be furious with all this metric and imperial measurement talk.

Its  just a shame, makes it harder to enjoy a thread for what you came for - to read about football. There's plenty of places online, or this forum, to act a fool, just a shame to have good football talk discouraged.