Sign in to follow this  
mack

Hernandez Late Show Wins Stadium Opener

Keep in mind - it's still the off season! 

I'm sure once the season actually starts back up, there will be more football talk, by more people, in the appropriate threads. 

21 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Oooh matty gonna be furious with all this metric and imperial measurement talk.

Give people an inch and they'll take 25.6mm

5 minutes ago, 102megan said:

Keep in mind - it's still the off season! 

I'm sure once the season actually starts back up, there will be more football talk, by more people, in the appropriate threads. 

I know, I hope so. It pains me to visit the Cove or victory forums for football talk. 

I hate forums, football or otherwise, that get all Nazi about sticking to topic. They are so dull. As if all conversations go from A to B. Off topic is more natural.

Also, there are plenty of comments on football here. Reply to one of them if you want the football talk to continue.

To be fair there hasn’t been much football to discuss in the off season and as for squad development there is only so many’s of typing we need a centre forward 

1 minute ago, btron3000 said:

I hate forums, football or otherwise, that get all Nazi about sticking to topic. They are so dull. As if all conversations go from A to B. Off topic is more natural.

Also, there are plenty of comments on football here. Reply to one of them if you want the football talk to continue.

What’s your favourite flavour and brand of potato chips? And your position on ham on pizza?

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

What’s your favourite flavour and brand of potato chips? And your position on ham on pizza?

Potato chips are my weakness. I’ll gobble a whole party size packet if given the chance. Hardest decision I ever have to make is what flavour chips I want. Everything else in life is easy.

2 hours ago, matty said:

I know, I hope so. It pains me to visit the Cove or victory forums for football talk. 

Cove are still tools though, aren’t they, regardless of amount of football talk.

I’d rather joke around off topic with the people here than listen to some Cove hipster oblivious to the blatant fouling of his midfield and right back.

Posted (edited)

in a way to merge off topic and on topic - great to know that my wonderful ability to be lining up for food when the wanderers score has continued from old parramatta through olympic park to new parramatta.

planning on not eating all derby day until the game starts so we lose 8-7

Edited by theguyyouwishyouwere

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Potato chips are my weakness. I’ll gobble a whole party size packet if given the chance. Hardest decision I ever have to make is what flavour chips I want. Everything else in life is easy.

Yeah crisps (chips are what you get down the chippy) are my weakness. Red Rock deli or salt n vinegar....yum...

Edited by Erimus

41 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Yeah crisps (chips are what you get down the chippy) are my weakness. Red Rock deli or salt n vinegar....yum...

I had to retype it for a local audience, I’d normally say crisps too

FWIW, I hate food derailments of any thread!

Lol

Time for Matty to exact revenge if he is so I inclined. :lol: :lol:

I totally forgot to ask: has the FB family figured out yet if we've had a team on the pitch against leeds? Some people were mighty worried that players might need to be recruited from the fan base...

The sound of a hundred flares being ripped whilst the stands chant WEST till it crescendos into a blood curdling Sparta. That's a walkout song. Everything else has the elegance and subtlety of chicken pizza.

On 22/07/2019 at 1:15 AM, matty said:

Yeah, so it was a good game.... 

Walk out song thread is not this. 

:golecapproves:

15 minutes ago, DamnedUnited said:

The sound of a hundred flares being ripped whilst the stands chant WEST till it crescendos into a blood curdling Sparta. That's a walkout song. Everything else has the elegance and subtlety of chicken pizza.

Would that be chicken pizza with or without pineapple? :D

2 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

in a way to merge off topic and on topic - great to know that my wonderful ability to be lining up for food when the wanderers score has continued from old parramatta through olympic park to new parramatta.

planning on not eating all derby day until the game starts so we lose 8-7

Are you lining up for yourself or your significant other? Here’s me at the game....

get to our seats , settle in , start looking around soaking up the atmosphere ...

Wife : “ You want a drink , I feel like a drink” 

Me : “ ok sure, what do you want?”

(what I’m really thinking) “ Why the fuuck couldn’t you have said something BEFORE we sat the fuuck down?! “ 

“ I don’t want a fuucking drink n I don’t want to get back up , maybe YOU should go get your OWN FUUCKING DRINK!”

unfortunately we can’t say that cos it will unleash a shiit storm that will last until your last breath on this marble!

:xmad:

....don’t get me started on J Jnr.... “I’m hungry , I’m thirsty, I’ve got to go to the toilet, I’m...”  :xmad:

What ball was used in the game?

Can anyone confirm that the ball used is the same as in the A-League season? I feel that our players will benefit from the added exposure to the ball's unique aerodynamic footprint :meep:

image.png.d41212cf81fa93dd9cfdc7690ea8a762.png

2 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

What ball was used in the game?

Can anyone confirm that the ball used is the same as in the A-League season? I feel that our players will benefit from the added exposure to the ball's unique aerodynamic footprint :meep:

image.png.d41212cf81fa93dd9cfdc7690ea8a762.png

I don't know but there seemed to be a lot of concern about the ball pressure at th e start of the match

7 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Are you lining up for yourself or your significant other? Here’s me at the game....

get to our seats , settle in , start looking around soaking up the atmosphere ...

Wife : “ You want a drink , I feel like a drink” 

Me : “ ok sure, what do you want?”

(what I’m really thinking) “ Why the fuuck couldn’t you have said something BEFORE we sat the fuuck down?! “ 

“ I don’t want a fuucking drink n I don’t want to get back up , maybe YOU should go get your OWN FUUCKING DRINK!”

unfortunately we can’t say that cos it will unleash a shiit storm that will last until your last breath on this marble!

:xmad:

....don’t get me started on J Jnr.... “I’m hungry , I’m thirsty, I’ve got to go to the toilet, I’m...”  :xmad:

You had it easy...I had to go and get Smog junior a ******* ice cream after we sat down on row 23.top tier. So off I go, buy him one of those Milo tubs he likes. I climb back up to the seats, hand him his milo, he sits there not eating...'errrrr dad, emmmmm where's the plastic spoon'....aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh......I bent the lid in to the shape of a scoop and told him to get on with it....

9 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Your evil Wendy :D

:lol: 

Take a good look at that post...you won't see many like it (food mentions from me, I mean).

PS Most of us live fairly high stress lives these days. It's healthy to retain a sense of.... playfulness. ;)

13 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Hi btron. Did you have an issue with me imparticular? Did you wanna discuss it or just take passive aggressive jibes? 

You've done it a couple of times in the last page or so btron. I'd much rather have a chat at a local pub though, name it and we'll catch up, you can get off topic as much as you like 👍

Talk about derailing a thread: the three masterchef judges have been given the flick and will be replaced by... oh well, never mind. 

2 hours ago, FCB said:

Talk about derailing a thread: the three masterchef judges have been given the flick and will be replaced by... oh well, never mind. 

If they try to replace them, it will be like Top Gear.

4 hours ago, FCB said:

Jerrad Tyson?

16 hours ago, matty said:

Hi btron. Did you have an issue with me imparticular? Did you wanna discuss it or just take passive aggressive jibes? 

16 hours ago, matty said:

You've done it a couple of times in the last page or so btron. I'd much rather have a chat at a local pub though, name it and we'll catch up, you can get off topic as much as you like 👍

Chillax cuz. I don't have "issues" with anyone. If I'm guilty of anything on here it's the opposite - reacting to comments as if they are just words, not comments made by people. 

I didn't intend to come across passive aggressive. I responded to you directly about the Cove thing. Where I did comment about your posts but not directly, it wasn't intended to have a go.  Maybe I could have chosen my words better when I said that if people want to talk football they should respond to football comments, but funnily enough that is probably a comment I stand by. If you don't want to go off topic just talk football and ignore the idiotic trolls like Wendy.  (That was a joke)

Could I be more polite on here at times? Yeah. But sometimes I'm in a rush and don't think, and I'll admit sometimes I wanna spark a bit of a reaction too. And sometimes, as we all know, if you don't know the person personally (and even if you do), you can't always get their tone through writing. Just assume I'm being friendly and conversational and not taking myself too seriously, then it won't bother you even if I am being a dick.

THREAD LOCKED!

Good game from the boys though, glad the gaffa told the boys to show them what we got and not sit back! 

Bring on this new season, lets hope Babbell can take the boys all the way unlike Popa with his bad GF juju lol