Sign in to follow this  
Wanderboy

2019/2020 Season draw and fixtures.

1 minute ago, Davo said:

More like a Perthetic draw amirite.

DONT start with the puns lol

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Perth Away, Bye, SFC at home, Nix at home, City away, Perth home.

So we'll have played Perth twice in the league & once in the FFA Cup before we've played the Mariners, Jets, Roar, Victory, Adelaide and Western United once.

In the first month, with our new stadium and Western United a new club in the league, we combine to play at home 3 times out of 8 games.

Also what a brilliant three rounds to start off for us. League winners away week one, then a bye meaning we don't get our match fitness up, and then we play the team who finished 2nd in the league.

1 minute ago, mack said:

So we'll have played Perth twice before we've played the Mariners, Jets, Roar, Victory, Adelaide and Western United once.

In the first month, with our new stadium and Western United a new club in the league, we combine to play at home 3 times out of 8 games.

Also what a brilliant three rounds to start off for us. League winners away week one, then a bye meaning we don't get our match fitness up, and then we play the team who finished 2nd in the league.

It's still a draft. Not one club will be happy with the draw this season.

Bloody joke of a draw, 2 years ago - Perth at home, last year - Perth away then this year Perth away again. It's a ficken joke.

You would think the two clubs that should be at home first game is us with a new stadium and Western United as a new club, it's common sense but these days common sense has been throw out the window.

Hmm, if this latest draft is approved, I'm guessing that Perth will be one of the teams we play three times in the 19/20 season. I doubt the FFA would schedule WSW Vs Glory only twice with Rounds 1 and 6 close together.

That also (most likely, pending FFA Cup results) the Derby as the first home game for the club.

It seems surgically designed to **** with our club's return home.

And you just know the FFA refs will ensure we lose it. SFC will never shut the **** up if they beat us in our first home league game.

50 minutes ago, mack said:

That also (most likely, pending FFA Cup results) the Derby as the first home game for the club.

It seems surgically designed to **** with our club's return home.

And you just know the FFA refs will ensure we lose it. SFC will never shut the **** up if they beat us in our first home league game.

Mack

Not sure if you picked this little nugget. The independent A-league will be taking over the officiating (referees) for A-league, W-league and NYL. They may be the same match referees but it is very possible the Ben Wilson will no longer running the match officials so the current Ben Wilson cronies club will be gone.

Posted (edited)

This is where the FFA are stupid. 

We could play anyone first home game and pretty much sell the place out.

Yet, they schedule a derby. A ******* wasted opportunity.

The NRL did the same to the Eels. They could have scheduled the Cowboys and the game would have sold out, yet they scheduled the Tigers (a local derby) and it got the same crowd.

I just don't get how ******* stupid these people are. 

Edited by Wanderboy

2 hours ago, Davo said:

So if we get knocked out of the cup by Perth we will have seven competitive fixtures (six really because one is the bye) and three of them will be against Perth.

Their defence is suspect atm

We could always do them over in the FFA Cup (probably on pens) & then approach round 1 of the comp proper in a confident manner.

2 hours ago, mack said:

So we'll have played Perth twice in the league & once in the FFA Cup before we've played the Mariners, Jets, Roar, Victory, Adelaide and Western United once.

At least we get our bye the week after our trip to the other side of the country

Article in the Sun Herald claims the Melbourne Derby is in round one so I don’t think that draft is correct either. The only thing that has been consistent in these leaked drafts is our derby in round 3 so that seems to be locked in

Posted (edited)

Won't the teams potentially affected by Socceroos and duty want byes in those windows. Supposedly, if a club has 3 players selected, the game will be rescheduled.

Clubs potentially affected

WSW,  Perth, Smurfs, Melb Vict, Heartle$$

Anyway, why should we worry with our season starting in October.

Serie A just announced their schedule starting on August 24.

Edited by Paul01
Added info

12 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

This is where the FFA are stupid. 

We could play anyone first home game and pretty much sell the place out.

Yet, they schedule a derby. A ******* wasted opportunity.

The NRL did the same to the Eels. They could have scheduled the Cowboys and the game would have sold out, yet they scheduled the Tigers (a local derby) and it got the same crowd.

I just don't get how ******* stupid these people are. 

Agree but Perhaps in both cases they want to ensure maximum crowd hence pick the highest drawing 

wsw has come off 3 abysmal years remains to be seen what the crowds will be like - we ended with 5k crowds remember 

interestingly I don’t think seated memberships is as high as people may think it is 

My good friend just moved 8 of his memberships closer to 18 yard line after being plonked in corner one phone it was done I was surprised 8 seats would be available. If you create a dummy account there is seats a plenty around the stadium I was actually a little bit surprised of the available seats 

makes me speculate that full season ticketed memberships probably is nowhere near the 16k overall members or whatever current number is 

On 26/07/2019 at 5:26 PM, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

honestly this whole season's draw is gonna be ****ed and unfair and uneven, and it ******* pissses me off no end that the macarthur team wasn't brought in this season to have a balanced draw. 

All apparently to be fair to us that they’ve stuck a team on our doorstep :lol:

12 hours ago, Taurus said:

Their defence is suspect atm

We could always do them over in the FFA Cup (probably on pens) & then approach round 1 of the comp proper in a confident manner.

Yeah I'm quietly confident going into the cup game. With the players they have out and the performance we put in against Leeds I think we can do things this season.

Saw on Twitter that some bloke is getting married at Central Coast Stadium (lol) on the same day as the Mariners are now playing a home game with the re-scheduled draw.

I don't think this second leaked draft (which didn't even have the venues correct) is accurate.

Posted (edited)

By the power vested in me by the almighty Masterfoods, you may now fire the cannon.

Brass band plays the bridal waltz in the background.

Edited by Davo

Not sure they are capable of playing anything other than the Game Of Thrones tune. That might have to do.

1 hour ago, andypk said:

Not sure they are capable of playing anything other than the Game Of Thrones tune. That might have to do.

Back to central coast leagues for the reception it’s the perfect wedding venue when you think about it 

9 hours ago, andypk said:

A red wedding for CCM?

Posted (edited)

Just chucked out the 2018/2019 season fixture magnet which was still on the fridge.

Spare a thought for the membership team who can't get the membership packs out in time normally......don't expect it until round 10 with this long delay in the draw being released 😢

Edited by Pup55

11 hours ago, Pup55 said:

Just chucked out the 2018/2019 season fixture magnet which was still on the fridge.

Spare a thought for the membership team who can't get the membership packs out in time normally......don't expect it until round 10 with this long delay in the draw being released 😢

I'll collect my fridge magnet at the 1st home game 

Posted (edited)

Anyone got any early indications of what Tour of Duty games might be?
I suppose like many, I'm more excited about this season than the last 3.
The young BD is pestering me about a proper away trip.
Whats the general feeling?

Not fussed about Victory unless it's in AAMI stadium.
Adelaide and Brisbane always good.
Is Geelong an option this year?
Haven't done Perth or Wellington (expense).

Edited by BohemianDublin

29 minutes ago, BohemianDublin said:

Anyone got any early indications of what Tour of Duty games might be?
I suppose like many, I'm more excited about this season than the last 3.
The young BD is pestering me about a proper away trip.
Whats the general feeling?

Not fussed about Victory unless it's in AAMI stadium.
Adelaide and Brisbane always good.
Is Geelong an option this year?
Haven't done Perth or Wellington (expense).

Without the draw that's gotta be difficult!