Jump to content

2019/2020 Season draw and fixtures.


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, mack said:

Interesting points: we play 1st Nix away in Auckland at Eden park, and the 2nd West Melbourne away game is in Ballarat. Run to the finals has a lot of games at home.

That run of home games has me less concerned about noticing 3 in a row away 30/11, 7/12, (Nix)  14/12 (Perth)

Link to post

No more Smurf games at SCG, Kogarah and Leichardt only. How come that the club for all of Sydney refuses to play in the heart of Sydney? The ground that only Australia's answer to Manchester United can fill?

Roar playing a few games in the burbs is an unexpected development.

Other than that: can anyone explain to me how this bye round stuff works?

Link to post
2 minutes ago, FCB said:

No more Smurf games at SCG, Kogarah and Leichardt only. How come that the club for all of Sydney refuses to play in the heart of Sydney? The ground that only Australia's answer to Manchester United can fill?

Roar playing a few games in the burbs is an unexpected development.

Other than that: can anyone explain to me how this bye round stuff works?

You get a week off from playing.
11 team competition, 10 teams play and 1 doesn't

Edited by Nnnnnathan12
Link to post
1 minute ago, Nnnnnathan12 said:

You get a week off from playing.
11 team competition, 10 teams play and 1 doesn't

Thanks. I could have asked the internet first, who would have told me that a "bye in sports refers to organizers scheduling a competitor to not participate in a given round of competition, due to one of several circumstances". It's never too late to learn yet another minute aspect of the English language.

Link to post
7 minutes ago, FCB said:

No more Smurf games at SCG, Kogarah and Leichardt only. How come that the club for all of Sydney refuses to play in the heart of Sydney? The ground that only Australia's answer to Manchester United can fill?

They cracked the shits last year after being served up a terrible pitch (it is used by three sports at once) and said they wouldn't play there again (at least for that season). They've obviously continued it on for the remaining seasons. Makes sense, SCG is terrible for football anyway.

Link to post
1 minute ago, tardotz said:

I am seeing correctly.....do we only play Victory twice? I would have thought we would only play CCM (randomly picked) twice and all the bigger yes 3 times

Yeah I thought that was odd as well. Maybe the three years in the wilderness has lessened our appeal as a drawcard!

Link to post
5 minutes ago, tardotz said:

I am seeing correctly?  ...do we only play Victory twice? I would have thought we would only play CCM (randomly picked) twice and all the bigger teams 3 times

Well CCM and the like have to play someone 3 times

Link to post

This isn't a terrible draw at all. 

I think the spread of teams we will play three times is pretty fair. Could have been much worse. The byes fall at pretty decent times too. 

We've got a NYD game at home, two home derbies and a few earlier Saturday games which should suit families. 

Hoping to get to an Adelaide or Perth away game in December and maybe the WUFC game in Ballarat next year. 

Also desperately want to do one of the Wellington games, but will need to convince Balks :P 

Link to post
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...