Sign in to follow this  
Wanderboy

2019/2020 Season draw and fixtures.

I think our draw is alright

Most home games at night (avoiding the sun for the Eastern stand)

Three games against Nix, CCM and Roar to even out playing Perth and Sydney three times

in terms of away trips I'm thinking about Victory (RD 2), Roar (RD 22) or City (RD 23)

Don't know how to get to Ballarat :unknw:

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

22 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

CCM away 2 February is at 4 pm. Just as well it's in the cooler months, with shade!!!!

I understand the reasons for an earlier kick off on a Sunday but 4 pm seems extreme and I feel for the players. 

20 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

I think our draw is alright

Most home games at night (avoiding the sun for the Eastern stand)

Three games against Nix, CCM and Roar to even out playing Perth and Sydney three times

in terms of away trips I'm thinking about Victory (RD 2), Roar (RD 22) or City (RD 23)

You leave the house, turn right, start walking, and follow the paedophiles. If you get lost along the way: ask a Catholic priest, they'll know where it is...

1 minute ago, Edinburgh said:

I understand the reasons for an earlier kick off on a Sunday but 4 pm seems extreme and I feel for the players. 

Never mind the players! THAT terrace on a hot summer's day is a killer. And in the build up one has to climb a hill, exchange loving words with the smoke doper living up there, and do some more walking until being greeted by the ccm horn blowers, playing "the flight of the bumble bees" or something. 

I think I'll use the car for that walk, and arrive late for the game.

7 minutes ago, FCB said:

You leave the house, turn right, start walking, and follow the paedophiles. If you get lost along the way: ask a Catholic priest, they'll know where it is...

So who's playing in Ballarat? And when?

Is it either of GHMBA or Mars? If so, where is the other? If not, where are the two of them?

11 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Is it either of GHMBA or Mars? If so, where is the other? If not, where are the two of them?

George Pell United against Western Sydney Muslim Invaders in the Mars bar round. Brought to you by nestle. 

2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Nix away twice in 5 weeks!

Nice, getting those games out of the way nice and early in the season is always a bonus

51 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

For us, our away games against Western United in Round 5 (9 Nov) is Geelong, then Round 25 (29 Mar) is Ballarat.

The draw I think is fantastic. 

4 out of 6 games first up at home 

3 out of last 4 games at home 

not **** Thursday games a few early KO’s I don’t mind and for once the first and second derby had ample breathing space 

as happy as I fan remember 

yes victory away on a Friday but meh until away trips are pretty s.hit since we were s.hit 

see how we get on with jets and mariners away if some love comes back 

So they ditched the community round, or is that now just whenever western united are playing at "home"?

The community round is now the bye. You cut out the middleman and get a weekend off to go out into the community.

Mudgee was the only good community round. Not enough for me to not celebrate it being abolished though lol

Posted (edited)

Decent draw, tempted by Geelong and Ballarat, will be at the usual CCM, Jets and derby games. If you haven't fried in the sun at CCM you can't yet call yourself a wanderer supporter, initiation test.

Edited by Erimus

I'll give East Of Adelaide FC based in Tarneit a miss, until they stop scheduling their games at oval stadia. 

Will they last that long?

7 hours ago, FCB said:

George Pell United against Western Sydney Muslim Invaders in the Mars bar round. Brought to you by nestle. 

Put down the red, you've had enough for one evening 

7 hours ago, MistahCampoy said:

Nice, getting those games out of the way nice and early in the season is always a bonus

You best go to the 1st Nix away game if you want to see a contest, because, by the time we go back again in 5 weeks, we'll put twice as many past them 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, pseudonym said:

Around a 1hr and 15min on the train from Melbourne, so quicker than a train trip from Sydney to Newcastle lol Around a 2hr hire car drive from Avlon airport, around 2hrs from Melbourne airport also I think. 

Edited by Erimus

There is talk that when the Macarthur Fraudsters enter the comp, the league will go to a purely home and away. 

This could be the last season with 3 traditional Sydney Derbies and we get 2 of them with the other at Kogarah.

26 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

There is talk that when the Macarthur Fraudsters enter the comp, the league will go to a purely home and away. 

This could be the last season with 3 traditional Sydney Derbies and we get 2 of them with the other at Kogarah.

Good. Home and away only will make this feel like a proper comp.

37 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I thought there had to be 26 rounds to satisfy rules for ACL qualification? 

2 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

I thought there had to be 26 rounds to satisfy rules for ACL qualification? 

I think they are counting the post-season games.

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I think they are counting the post-season games.

If they do that then you can't give an ACL spot to the Premiers, and the 3rd spot can't be decided by where you finish.

Also, regardless of rules, 22 rounds is ridiculous. We already have the longest off-season in history.

They need to get it to 14 teams as soon as they can. 2 rounds of 13 games.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

A 22 round season is rather disappointing when players need more game time. Need to push to a 14 team comp then 16 team comp quickly.

I think it's a decent enough draw for us. Most of the home games are in the 7:30 slot. 4 Sunday games, 3 are away, with 2 against CCM. Rd 8, 9 & 10 away to Jets, Nix and Perth will be interesting, but at least there's 7 days between each game. New Year's day game against Roar and not City? The away derby is a 5:15 K/O?

12 teams is perfect IMO.

33 Rounds.

Every team gets;

- 11 Home.
- 11 Away.
(making up 22/33 games)

- 5 Home.
- 5 Away.
(these fixtures swap on a 2 year cycle, so if you play Perth at home twice one year, you play them away twice the following year)

1 x Community Round Match.
(If you have a "home" community round match one year (Mudgee), you have an "away" community round match the following year - Newcastle in Coffs Harbour for example)

I’m so impressed that they are playing a derby at Kograh. It must have killed the FFA not to move it to a bigger stadium for the sake of 5k extra people lol

I also like that it’s an early game, we’ve never really had a daylight derby before

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

I’m so impressed that they are playing a derby at Kograh. It must have killed the FFA not to move it to a bigger stadium for the sake of 5k extra people lol

I also like that it’s an early game, we’ve never really had a daylight derby before

We were suppose to have one 2 seasons ago for the last derby at sfs but the weather was dull and it was monsooning that day. 

Well if you ever wanted to go NZ and wanted an excuse it may be the last chance you have. Everything is still up in the air for Nix