- Brisbane Roar vs Central Coast Mariners
- Moreland Zebras vs Magpies Crusaders
- Adelaide Olympic vs Hume City
- Brisbane Strikers vs Manly United
- Marconi Stallions vs Melbourne City
- Olympic FC vs Adelaide United
- Edgeworth Eagles vs Newcastle Jets
- Sydney United 58 vs Western Sydney Wanderers

The R32 will have to have the 2 western sydney games scheduled in different weeks or the LAC will have to import some coppers, probably from Auburn LAC and we know what their like.

Marconi v Heartle$$ maybe worth going to just to heckle those CFG types.

On 07/08/2019 at 11:36 PM, MathyouWSW said:

Here's the full draw:

- Brisbane Roar vs Central Coast Mariners
- Moreland Zebras vs Magpies Crusaders
- Adelaide Olympic vs Hume City
- Brisbane Strikers vs Manly United
- Marconi Stallions vs Melbourne City
- Olympic FC vs Adelaide United
- Edgeworth Eagles vs Newcastle Jets
- Sydney United 58 vs Western Sydney Wanderers

So many games will show the relative strengths of various state NPL comps with the exception of the games where A-league teams are involved.

I think the mariners will lose by 2+ goals.

The Marconi- Heartle$$ game could go to penalties.

3 hours ago, SBW said:

So our game is not at The King Tomislav? Why is it at Campbelltown stadium?

CLUB STATEMENT | Sadly early this year flash flooding caused significant damage to the playing surface. An insurance claim was submitted however it was only approved on the 25th July for payment. In the interim, the club undertook at its own cost to make the surface playable for NPL games this season. 
Unfortunately the A-League threshold is higher and the repairs required are of greater nature.

Moving forward the club will be laying a new, complete pitch in the off season.

The club will advise shortly the venue for the FFA Cup Round 16 fixture.

44 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Got to be honest with you. Having the game at Campbelltown Stadium sort of feels like it's a home game for the Wanderers.

That's not what the Macarthur Fraudsters would say.

Isn't one of those fraudsters formerly associated with SU58

12 hours ago, Paul01 said:

That's not what the Macarthur Fraudsters would say.

Isn't one of those fraudsters formerly associated with SU58

You referring to Milicic? The guy had 5 stints with them! (1992-1993, 1993-1997, 2001-2002, 2004-2005 & 2009). Plus, he managed them in 2009 (I think he was a player/manager). That's the only association I could find with them.

46 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

You referring to Milicic? The guy had 5 stints with them! (1992-1993, 1993-1997, 2001-2002, 2004-2005 & 2009). Plus, he managed them in 2009 (I think he was a player/manager). That's the only association I could find with them.

Could be the krslovic connection. I thonk he was pres or board member once upon a time.

Tbh... Having the game at Campbelltown kind of takes away that special feel for the match against Sydney United. I think the Atmosphere at the King Tomislav would have been epic.

I'm not concerned about the conditions of the pitch there, if it's.good enough for an NPL game then it should have been good enough for an FFA cup game. We have played at **** pitches in much worse conditions and somehow they're still playable.

17 minutes ago, SBW said:

Tbh... Having the game at Campbelltown kind of takes away that special feel for the match against Sydney United. I think the Atmosphere at the King Tomislav would have been epic.

I'm not concerned about the conditions of the pitch there, if it's.good enough for an NPL game then it should have been good enough for an FFA cup game. We have played at **** pitches in much worse conditions and somehow they're still playable.

We played three season at spotless the pitch was **** for a fair chunk of those 

although it was hard hard to tell without a telescope 

Edited by StringerBellend
6 hours ago, Taurus said:

Capacity?

I reckon security.

Capacity is said to 9000 at Marconi on the Austadiums website.

Penrith probably out because of the way the Riff treat football with length of grass.

The 5k - 6k that attended the BWE v WSW FFA Cup game last season, is about it's comfortable capacity atm. 

Given the changes to the layout (seating etc) that have occurred in recent years, no longer will you see 12k+ crammed into the Bossley Park venue 

8 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Wouldn't they use it against Melbourne City?

Marconi will use it against City. Sydney United have chosen Campbelltown expecting they can get a bigger crowd (I assume).

Not sure whether Marconi would provide the best surface at this time of year, as it gets used frequently for the final series of district comps. I suppose we'll see what condition it's in come the 21st when Heartless visit. 

Both clubs have also made the top 5 (yep of 12, the bitters are as bad as the AL ) & will play semi final football in NPL1 this season. They was speculation that because of this aspect, both clubs would host FFA Cup games on the same night. 

http://www.thecleansheet.com.au/finals-sides-are-locked-in/?fbclid=IwAR3OUcR2VA-BLARKM_wearH4rX4YV7Je7id0sWGRrivUBrWP8M9t_hwq4R8

Only the section relative to FFA Cup games extracted from article & posted below 

Sydney United won their final game against Manly United to secure their finals place. 2 wins in their last 5 and a 0-0 draw against Marconi 6 rounds ago doesn’t tell us a great deal, except that they managed to pull a bit of luck out of thin air to make the finals this year.

However they are very experienced in the finals, and know how to win these one off games. If teams aren’t careful they will find themselves caught off guard against United, however they will have their FFA Cup clash with Western Sydney Wanderers in a few weeks in the back of their mind.

The question becomes; NSW NPL finals, or trying to advance in the cup?

FinalsMarconi.jpg Credit: FNSW

Marconi Stallions round out the top 5 despite losing their final game to the premiers. Sydney Olympic tied on points however missed out due to GD. Their last 5 before today’s game saw them with 4 wins and a draw, including a win over Blacktown. It’s safe to say that they will fancy themselves if they beat Sydney United however;

With their FFA Cup tie scheduled for the 21st and a potential final on the 21st if they bear United, what will happen? Surely FFA won’t budge, and there isn’t any extra time to play the finals game as the semis will be played on the weekend. Could we see a team forced to forfeit a finals match for the sake of their FFA Cup tie?

FFA Cup winner market has taken on a different look after the round of 32 matches.

WSW were $21 :good: prior to our comfortable victory over Perth, but punters now will be flat out securing $5 with any of the corporate bookies around town.

We are payng $4.75 on the Tab fixed price market 

https://www.tab.com.au/sports/betting/Soccer/competitions/Soccer Futures   

Scroll down below USA market

7 hours ago, Taurus said:

FFA Cup winner market has taken on a different look after the round of 32 matches.

WSW were $21 :good: prior to our comfortable victory over Perth, but punters now will be flat out securing $5 with any of the corporate bookies around town.

We are payng $4.75 on the Tab fixed price market 

https://www.tab.com.au/sports/betting/Soccer/competitions/Soccer Futures   

Scroll down below USA market

Well they don't understand the form do they. Heartle$$ were the poorer side against Campbelltown City yet are favourites. Adelaide beat an NPL convincingly yet at a higher price. Newcastle were lucky to beat Melb Victory with the Vuck going in cruise mode and having a thin squad.

The bookies still not convinced about Brisbane after kicking the sh1t out of the Smurfs who are our at $8.00 

We played the Jets off the park in the friendly 2 weeks ago & were cruising, before a silly goal (after 70') like we did in Perth. 

The remaining 20  minutes saw the Jets get the better of the play & jag a 2nd a couple of minutes later through their obvious height advantage & our inability to defend set pieces.

Interesting that the form stacked up in match v Perth & Jet's win over MV.

I don't think there is a clear favourite atm & most of the favoured AL clubs, have soft draws in Rnd 16.

I expect CCM to give Roar a good shake. That's the potential upset (9th v 10th from last season) that I'm expecting could happen, without surprising.

7 hours ago, Taurus said:

We played the Jets off the park in the friendly 2 weeks ago & were cruising, before a silly goal (after 70') like we did in Perth. 

The remaining 20  minutes saw the Jets get the better of the play & jag a 2nd a couple of minutes later through their obvious height advantage & our inability to defend set pieces.

Interesting that the form stacked up in match v Perth & Jet's win over MV.

I don't think there is a clear favourite atm & most of the favoured AL clubs, have soft draws in Rnd 16.

I expect CCM to give Roar a good shake. That's the potential upset (9th v 10th from last season) that I'm expecting could happen, without surprising.

For those inclined, FFA Cup market by Sportsbet 

Heartle$$ $4.00

Adelaide United $4.50

Newcastle Jets $5.00

WS Wanderers $5.00

Brisbane Roar $6 00

CC Mariners $15.00

Gamble responsiblely