Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mack

Extra Time Drama In Perth

Recommended Posts

Appears as if our next FFA Cup game with Sydney United, will be play at Campbelltown stadium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

I'm not sure how everyone else felt, but I really liked that 5 at the back formation. Georgevski and Kamau looked great attacking wise.  Kamau just needs to defend a bit better and I'm happy for him to stay there. Georgevski looks solid and a fresh breath of air. We just need a new marquee CB (Ziegler citizenship) for Elrich and a marquee ST and I feel we are pretty set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

 

I think we need to settle on the "we will be a force". We are showing good signs of improvement. But we still rely on alot of youth who have proven to be inconsistent week in week out. If we can keep our experienced players fit and the youth keep on improving we may find our groove this season but i think we will be looking at next season when we are complete. 

Duke makes our attack much better. A classy CF or goal scoring wide man would be wonderfull. 

 

But the question marks still surround the likes of Majewski who is in a pivotal position for us, still plenty of time to find his feet though.

In defence the like of Tass, Kamau and Elrich are still weak links due to inexperience or pace.

And Baccus jnr is still a diamond in the rough. 

That is the problem with playing the youth. When they do find their groove they tend to piss off overseas and there is no "next season". When it comes to the A League, you don't have the luxury to plan for further than the season ahead if you are serious about winning championships. The coaches who have been the most successful (Arnie etc) knew this hence the lack of youth in their teams,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pseudonym said:

I doubt that the Round of 16 match will be moved from Edensor Park.

As it will be mid week, their 10K capacity will be more than sufficient.

Rumours else where that the pitch at Edensor Park is not up to scratch for an FFA Cup game. 

Plus it looks as though the Marconi-Heartle$$ game will be played on the same night due to NPL finals games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zakman said:

That is the problem with playing the youth. When they do find their groove they tend to piss off overseas and there is no "next season". When it comes to the A League, you don't have the luxury to plan for further than the season ahead if you are serious about winning championships. The coaches who have been the most successful (Arnie etc) knew this hence the lack of youth in their teams,  

We all know that the lure of a better payday and competition will mean some of our young stars will go.The thing is to sign the "youth/kids" to long term deals and get transfer $'s. Best Baccus is a good example. Multi year deal and if he goes o'seas ( which he will eventually...he's going to be a beast ) the club and player both benefit. The club is spending on youth and they AND the players should benefit in the long run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taurus said:

Appears as if our next FFA Cup game with Sydney United, will be play at Campbelltown stadium

Should just play it at wss. Going to campbelltown is silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mack said:

Should just play it at wss. Going to campbelltown is silly.

Do we know which week it'll be? Eels play at home Thursday 22/8 so the 21st would be out at WSS regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Zakman said:

That is the problem with playing the youth. When they do find their groove they tend to piss off overseas and there is no "next season". When it comes to the A League, you don't have the luxury to plan for further than the season ahead if you are serious about winning championships. The coaches who have been the most successful (Arnie etc) knew this hence the lack of youth in their teams,  

This is true. But i guess with the club making a clear youth policy stance we will be more proactive in retaining and or selling for profit. And thats an issue we want to have. We want young Aussie talent with bags of potential lighting it up on the field for us. We want these guys to be top 5 or so players in our squad and demand moves overseas. Thus far we are not there yet. But we still get the benefit of young lads that know the system, play for a decent price under the cap and love the club. 

But its make or break time for a player like K.Baccus this season. Otherwise he becomes a squadie and the next man gets a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeDee said:

 

I think we need to settle on the "we will be a force". We are showing good signs of improvement. But we still rely on alot of youth who have proven to be inconsistent week in week out. If we can keep our experienced players fit and the youth keep on improving we may find our groove this season but i think we will be looking at next season when we are complete. 

Duke makes our attack much better. A classy CF or goal scoring wide man would be wonderfull.

But the question marks still surround the likes of Majewski who is in a pivotal position for us, still plenty of time to find his feet though.

In defence the like of Tass, Kamau and Elrich are still weak links due to inexperience or pace.

And Baccus jnr is still a diamond in the rough. 

I am much more optimistic than that, and I am saying "not next year". Unless we have a player out with a knee injury every second game: WSW will win the title.

Seven weeks into pre-season bowling the reigning premiers out of the cup is much more that just "goods signs of improvement".  14 players left the club, five others were missing with injuries or because they are on the outer - that's an almost complete overhaul of the squad.

Ten more weeks of pre-season to come. I believe that soon enough WSW will be playing with the intensity, fitness, discipline, structure of a BL2 side, every round. We saw glimpses of that in the late season home games against Glory, VIC and Smurfs. As this season progresses, our youngsters will further develop into football pros. Happy days ahead. We'll be a force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only watched about 80% of the game due to a bad connection but considering who and where we were playing in pre season we liked ok. 

It is so good to finally once again look forward to the coming season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i was at the Leeds game i could feel a different vibe with the team when they came out and now after MB has had some time to build a team of his liking the signs are looking good so far especially with the new signings particularly Lopar.. He will be hard to get past this season and once Ziggy comes back he will feel more comfortable in goal also I feel ALOT more comfortable with him in goal instead of Vedran..

The boys played with a strat in mind to which they followed and got the win, proud of them! I wanted them to come out fighting and after they found there feet we were pushing into there half a lot i think with a marquee CF and a fit starting 11 we will be competitive this season which is exciting! I don't mind the formation it seams to suit our new wing backs like Kamau which has found his groove under MB i was impressed with his performance last night.. 

I'll say it now, In Babbel we trust!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Got to be a chant in here somewhere 

Mo Adam

 

Bet they're all called JIM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FCB said:

I am much more optimistic than that, and I am saying "not next year". Unless we have a player out with a knee injury every second game: WSW will win the title.

Seven weeks into pre-season bowling the reigning premiers out of the cup is much more that just "goods signs of improvement".  14 players left the club, five others were missing with injuries or because they are on the outer - that's an almost complete overhaul of the squad.

Ten more weeks of pre-season to come. I believe that soon enough WSW will be playing with the intensity, fitness, discipline, structure of a BL2 side, every round. We saw glimpses of that in the late season home games against Glory, VIC and Smurfs. As this season progresses, our youngsters will further develop into football pros. Happy days ahead. We'll be a force.

And NOW, I can believe you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Taurus said:

IMo, Keanu & Tass will be our first big dollar sales to overseas markets.

 

I agree, I don't see them at the club next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FCB said:

I agree, I don't see them at the club next season. 

IF they have a good season IF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game was very even to me. Mo Adam comming in was great as it changed our shape and helped Yeboah get into the game who was very isolated. But we are one Yeboah injury away from attacking crisis. We need that striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

IF they have a good season IF

A 20yo Baccus was voted best wsw player. Early this year most of us didn't have Tass on the radar. Now we don't blink an eye when he is in the starting line up against leeds or Perth. They'll be more than fine, this season and beyond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting night when last year's 7, 8 and 9 defeated last year's 1, 2 and 3.  Whilst everyone is most surprised by SFC going down to BR (yes, a true surprise), the best team all last season went down to the 8th placed team last season in a convincing loss (in terms of the dominance of play after the first 25 minutes or so. 

We really played well, with more players to come in.  Once we settled into the game and our rhythm and confidence, we were the better team, although they had the better and more dangerous front line.  Our defence held up very well.  We scrambled at times and Lopar is all class and skill (we'd have been 2 goals down in the 1st 20 minutes last year).  Elrich recovered very well and changed his game against a player clearly much faster.  I do like Elrich!  He epitomises Western Sydney and never stops fighting.  He is always fighting, trying, working hard and never gives up even when he is absolutely stuffed!!  That is what we've missed from the bigger names (eg ABJ). There is a strength, dare I say 'mentality' in the team and a composure that wasn't there for most of last year.  They believe and the young fellas are a delight to watch - Babbel has really worked hard in developing them.

The backs kept a classy Fornaroli quiet and Castro was frustrated, as was Kilkenny.  Much improvement to come over the next couple of months but really good signs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Visa players ratings for the pre-season thus far.

Lopar - B-  Capable, without being flashy. Positioning is a concern at times. Goal v Perth was a blunder & 2 conceded against Jets were soft. Jury is still out.

Schewgler - B+ Quality holding mid with all the breakup tricks. Slice of cheese accumulator who commands the space & sends Keanu off to do the running work. He's smart

Majewski - C Has good control, vision & passing range. Taking time to adjust to pace of game. Idk, maybe we use different balls here or he left his shooting boots back in another land

Ziegler - N/A Injury he suffered last season was far worse than diagnosed. Basically he's had to undertake a rehab program that you would for an ACL. He's a while away yet 

There you go no stars, a couple of bread & butter players with the ability to improve, within what appears a very tight knit group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFA Cup round 16: Anyone got any idea of Venue and Dates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, alexd said:

Did that teenager in the crowd find DANIEL?

Another classic moment was when one of the neighbours behind the ground emptied all their glass bottles into the recycling bin just as we were taking a corner 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ossified said:

FFA Cup round 16: Anyone got any idea of Venue and Dates?

August 20 & 28.

There's been reporters that our game will be in Campbelltown. Nothing concrete yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mack said:

August 20 & 28.

There's been reporters that our game will be in Campbelltown. Nothing concrete yet.

Was confirmed earlier today.

28th Aug 7:30pm at Campbelltown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Marconi vs City on the 21st at Marconi

Us vs SU58 on the 28th at Campbelltown

 

**Edit - Was full expecting the FFA to be their usual incompetent selves and put the Marconi game and our game on the same night. But miracles happen hey? :lol: 

Edited by CaptainJess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...