Jump to content

Music Thread 4


mack

Recommended Posts

This might not lead on well from the previous post...but I'll post it while I think of it.

Don't really now much about RHCP...but of course this and the other songs from Californication got heaps of airplay...so I heard it hundreds of times....without ever making sense of their lyrics. Always enigmatic to me.

But, I don't remember ever seeing this before...and it's fantastic.

From Elvis to the Beatles...Hendrix.. Bowie's in there....Motley Crue...you'll recognise many, many others.

So clever. So high energy.

 

Link to post
14 minutes ago, wendybr said:

This might not lead on well from the previous post...but I'll post it while I think of it.

Don't really now much about RHCP...but of course this and the other songs from Californication got heaps of airplay...so I heard it hundreds of times....without ever making sense of their lyrics. Always enigmatic to me.

But, I don't remember ever seeing this before...and it's fantastic.

From Elvis to the Beatles...Hendrix.. Bowie's in there....Motley Crue...you'll recognise many, many others.

So clever. So high energy.

 

Add it to the list

Link to post

To Stringer

Just as well I post nothing in the expectation that you'll appreciate it. ;)

I did have in mind that Ed probably wouldnt like it tho. :lol:

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Erimus said:

RHCP were the the front cover on my art school folder...and a few school books

 

That was my favourite of theirs.

Didn't ever know what it was about tho. :lol:

Link to post
2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

That was my favourite of theirs.

Didn't ever know what it was about tho. :lol:

lol what a time the 90's were though for music and everything, the world felt much more positive also. When we all voted new Labour in to government 1997 (what ever happened to good old fashioned sensible centre ground politics :(), britpop was raging and we had just gone through 7 years of amazing music of all varieties from Nirvana to Ministry of Sound. Peace was breaking out in Northern Ireland with the Good Friday agreement and Russia ad America got along......

What went so wrong. :(

 

 

Link to post

RHCP, yeah, soundtrack to the 90s alright.

This was one of my favourites:

 

Of course, they were just the white elvis to the black fishbone

 

 

 

Link to post
On 18/08/2019 at 8:22 PM, Ossified said:

Beautiful song about growing old and nature.

Christy Moore, Declan Sinnott and Donal Lunny.

 

 

@Ossified You like Christie Moore's brother, Luka Bloom?

Posted some of his stuff here in the past.

Here's one of both together.

 

Link to post

Zico and the Killers: Wonderful player...His back heel and thru pass with 2 touches against the best defence in the game is sublime. at 1: 46.

Small in stature (reminds one of George Best) with a killer free kick, so good that Keepers didn't even bother to move.

 

Link to post
12 hours ago, Ossified said:

Zico and the Killers: Wonderful player...His back heel and thru pass with 2 touches against the best defence in the game is sublime. at 1: 46.

Small in stature (reminds one of George Best) with a killer free kick, so good that Keepers didn't even bother to move.

 

Music to my eyes.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...