Sign in to follow this  
mack

Music Thread 4

For the exaggerated Pommie accents of Carns' first song And cos it's got mention of a street!:pardon:

PS I reminds me of Smoggy!

5 hours ago, Carns said:

A staple on Saturday morning Rage when I was growing up (and watching it religiously).

I still love this song!  
Found out the singer and chick are bro n sis...:ninja:

1 hour ago, Ossified said:

I could have just gone through the rest of the songs on the album...but this time, from streets with no name, to a horse with no name! :rofl:

1 minute ago, Ossified said:

Ah yes!  :good:

(BLur owe so much to madness).

YOU

DON't

KNOW MY NAME

(MAN YOU DON't KNOW MY NA-A-A-AME)

Whoops, associated my own one sorry...

wrong clip though

combination of the song and the footage still takes me away to 1980s sydney.

uh oh

10 minutes ago, marron said:

uh oh

I’d forgotten all about this song!  :lol:

Posted (edited)

(wow, didn't know this existed - little doco about the Allniters that covers a bit about the Sydney post punk kind of thing... lots of good footage and photos.... recognised an old friend or two haha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDidWrNIZco

@jack, they were making an attempted comeback when I was about 17/18 in the 90s, saw them a lot. The singer worked at the art gallery. One time I saw them at El Rancho in epping, playing in front of the bingo set, it was simultaneously one of the saddest and most hilarious things I've ever seen. Their guitarist is a brilliant reggae guitarist. Great sound (not on their recordings though).

Edited by marron

12 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

I’d forgotten all about this song!  :lol:

^^ For the energy....

All at once am I several story's high.

Jagger- Richards song by Marianne Faithful hospitalised by COVID yesterday.

2 hours ago, Kitto said:

That look is soooo 70’s!  :lol:

Strong English accent less cheerful 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, wendybr said:

For the exaggerated Pommie accents of Carns' first song And cos it's got mention of a street!:pardon:

PS I reminds me of Smoggy!

lol Cockey chunts...that's like a different country to where I am from...its the reason I never liked Blur also.

Madness annoy me a bit, but first time around I was just a baby and can't remember them and so not my thing in that respect .

Edited by Smoggy

get some northern 80s fun fun in ya then

Posted (edited)

Well, in my search for the ultimate 60's cheese for Wendy yesterday I have learn't something due to a tune coming into my play list...

I wondered where this song came from as another the old girl listened to around the house. It is the same band as I posted yesterday and they were 15 when they wrote it and 16 in the video, he is that young that the lady with the blonde hair doing the 60's dance moves is his freaking mum! :shok: The girl doing the very strange moves is his girlfriend. As much as you hate (and yeah its not my thing) they guy is 3 years old than my son lol

Edited by Smoggy

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Well, in my search for the ultimate 60's cheese for Wendy yesterday I have learn't something due to a tune coming into my play list...

I wondered where this song came from as another the old girl listened to around the house. It is the same band as I posted yesterday and they were 15 when they wrote it and 16 in the video, he is that young that the lady with the blonde hair doing the 60's dance moves is his freaking mum! :shok: The girl doing the very strange moves is his girlfriend. As much as you hate (and yeah its not my thing) they guy is 3 years old than my son lol

So he likes girls that dress up like guys...old weird guys with bowler hats :ninja:

mum’s pretty tidy though....betcha band practice was always at his house!  :spiteful:

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

lol Cockey chunts...that's like a different country to where I am from...its the reason I never liked Blur also.

Madness annoy me a bit, but first time around I was just a baby and can't remember them and so not my thing in that respect .

Blur weren’t cockney they are just Home Counties private school kids pretending 

in the blur v oasis battle 

pulp were the best 

there is a st mary's drill group who only released one song but i was very excited because of how much potential they had, good friends with onefour and they released this

i was excited they had so much potential especially the masked up guy, he was cold and then they released this

they kicked out the masked up guy and the next song became average as ****, very disappointing imo

I still might run in silence tears of joy might stain my face
And the summer sun might burn me till I'm blind

Great rendition of John Hartford song......and can these guys play their instruments.

this is awesome

but these guys look like they have more fun

even Russians are having fun