Music Thread 4

mack

12 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Marron twas not that bad tis a banjo... 

Don't know how anyone can't like a banjo!

I've posted this before...but it's so beautiful...and poignant.

Banjo here is subtle and exquisite.

Best YouTube comment..from a few years back.

How many songs can speak to us like "The ghost of Tom Joad"? A monument of literature (The John Steinbeck's novel, "Grapes of Wrath"), a part of history of the United States while at the great depression, the tragedy the people leaving their farms and homes and running away from the sand storms to try to reach their dream place - California to give hope and future to their children... Eventually “welcomed” as Okies – “people of a lesser importance”. Once again, about 80 years since that chapter of history, things haven’t changed much in the world. We are in awe watching the tragedy of the people fleeing war zones or places without hope, looking for a place amongst the societies that harvest and take advantage most of Earth's richness and wealth to give their children a better future. Thank you for this music !!!
On 27/06/2020 at 9:15 AM, wendybr said:

Don't know how anyone can't like a banjo!

I've posted this before...but it's so beautiful...and poignant.

Banjo here is subtle and exquisite.

Best YouTube comment..from a few years back.

How many songs can speak to us like "The ghost of Tom Joad"? A monument of literature (The John Steinbeck's novel, "Grapes of Wrath"), a part of history of the United States while at the great depression, the tragedy the people leaving their farms and homes and running away from the sand storms to try to reach their dream place - California to give hope and future to their children... Eventually “welcomed” as Okies – “people of a lesser importance”. Once again, about 80 years since that chapter of history, things haven’t changed much in the world. We are in awe watching the tragedy of the people fleeing war zones or places without hope, looking for a place amongst the societies that harvest and take advantage most of Earth's richness and wealth to give their children a better future. Thank you for this music !!!

Elvis what have you done 

Mumford sons 

Starbucks Atmosphere music 

4 hours ago, wendybr said:

For Stringer...

Sorry...couldn't resist!

:D:D

PS For context please see the International Current Affairs Thread. :lol:

Why the huh? Then you worked it out..

I miss the FCB, Manfred etc. I'd prefer them back than dealing with that tit.. I'm not that far behind.

Edited by StringerBellend
improved use of the word tit
On 21/06/2020 at 3:53 PM, StringerBellend said:

Here yer are @NeverGoat these guys spit rhymes tighter than the Bligh Park 2756 crew, it’s more extreme than the South Windsor turf wars over who gets to take the bench near the liquor land 

That door really had it coming though

finally a crew i could be a part of..........that is just terrible, also **** that door :P

35 minutes ago, NeverGoat said:

finally a crew i could be a part of..........that is just terrible, also **** that door :P

I've watched the door guy a 100 times it doesn't get old, he's slightly shades the under the house guy but not by much. 

As a WSF post I thought this deserved so much more likes though. 

I was watching Rage's first every concert the other day, it's on youtube, worth a look. Just at a uni campus in the open at lunchtime or whatever. It opens with an instrumental that they hadn't quite finished yet. And they do a Clash cover.