Sign in to follow this  
mack

Music Thread 4

these guys have been pretty good ever since they stopped with that fake american accent bullshit

Brings back memories.......

Posted (edited)

Never would of guessed that Angus Young played George Benson.....!

Edited by sonar

Okay okay

1) On Broadway is not by George Benson - he just did a great version which had lots of guitar solo-ing

2) George Benson is a great guitarist, On Broadway is a great riff/tune, so it's not that weird that Angus Young/AC/DC would be into it

3) It's fake, it gets better as it goes on but watch the guitar early, and then the drums later :( and it's from a channel that does these kind of things apparently

13 minutes ago, marron said:

Okay okay

1) On Broadway is not by George Benson - he just did a great version which had lots of guitar solo-ing

2) George Benson is a great guitarist, On Broadway is a great riff/tune, so it's not that weird that Angus Young/AC/DC would be into it

3) It's fake, it gets better as it goes on but watch the guitar early, and then the drums later :( and it's from a channel that does these kind of things apparently

I have a few George Benson albums so thats where my knowledge of the song comes from., Tbh I didn't know it was a fake vid......good though......theres one where he ( Young ) plays Bach....!

bach was a rockstar back in the day too :laugh:

Poly's really own drill in Australia

doonside again

Mongolian heavy metal........

song about Polynesian suicide

The older Bee Gee brothers were born on the “”” Isle of Man”””

Robyn has always been my fav voice in the group.

Along with ACDC, and maybe INES, arguably the biggest musical act in world terms we have ever had.

Anywho... Ellan Vannin... is the unofficial national anthem of the Isle of Man... Tis not everyone's taste but Robyn's voice 

One live version of Ellan Vannin  one live, the other close to his death with a church choir ....

BTW, the name  Bee Gees stands for Brothers Gibb for a bit of trivia

1 hour ago, Kitto said:

A few months back i went out for dinner with my mrs, to a restaurant doing a Portuguese family style meal night, it was all big communal tables and stuff, anyhow start chatting to the dude sitting next to me, he looks like the sort of the guy that would have been in a band, so I ask him if he was, expecting him to have been in some obscure little band or something. Anyhow he was the bass player in the Cruel Sea for most of their albums and tours. He had some great Tex Perkins and Nick Cave stories 

On 05/07/2020 at 10:27 PM, StringerBellend said:

incredible 

nice

On 11/07/2020 at 4:03 PM, StringerBellend said:

Blue Mountains 

Totally Ace

What a lovey voice ...

haunting voice, a song that had a movie made about it, and even 40 years after it was released had university folk discussing what it is about... story telling at its best and with Delta language used.... if you have never heard this song as you are two young, tis well worth a listen.....

With the Crossroads Hotel being in the news and all.......my favourite version...

.....and the original........

Some drummers that have caught my eye coming up...