Music Thread 4

mack

Here some 80's for you, . A much better version of this song, before David Coverdale went all mid to late 80's hair metal shyte, while he still knew his Deep Purple 70's roots and John Lord was on the keyboard. 

David's mother lived on the Flats Lane area of Middlesbrough and we would hang around there on bikes, you could see gold and silver records in frames on the living room wall. A mate of mine went in the legendary 'record' shop in Middlesbrough in the mid to late 90's and a guy with long blond hair walks out as he was walking in, says to the shop keeper 'was that who I think it was'? Fella behind the counter just said 'yep, it was'. 

David Coverdale stands out out, the rest look like extras from a Middlesbrough working club band.

Edited by Smoggy
Just now, Smoggy said:

Here some 80's for you, . A much better version of this song, before David Coverdale went all mid to late 80's hair metal shyte, while he still knew his Deep Purple 70's roots and John Lord was on the keyboard. 

David's mother lived on the Flats Lane area of Middlesbrough and we would hang around there on bikes, you could see gold and silver records in frames on the living room wall. A mate of mine went in the legendary 'record' shop in Middlesbrough in the mid to late 90's and a guy with long blond hair walks out as he was walking in, says to the shop keeper 'was that who I think it was'? Fella behind the counter just said 'yep, it was'. 

David Coverdale stands out out, the rest look like extras from a Middlesbrough working band.

I went to see them live in Liverpool, in 1994 on the Slide It In Tour 

my uncle was the music writer for the Liverpool Echo so I have seen pretty much every New Wave of British Jeavy Metal and hard rock band of the early to mid 80s

The Made for US market glam white snake were crap but the early Stuff was good 

23 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

The Made for US market glam white snake were crap but the early Stuff was good 

Coverdale knew that..but raked in the $$$$$$$$$$

Everyone who knows about him knew his best stuff was up until 1982.

Shame people remember him for that US glam bullshyte.

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

David Coverdale is a top bloke actually when you hear him interviewed...and love the accent...cause it is exactly the same as my accent :D

Plus he went to school with my mum lol

How many people here learned to play the opening riff here as the first thing they ever did lol I did...0...3..5..     .0...3...6...5......0...3...5........3..0...still know it  after a these years lol

**** goes to get sons guitar to see if I've still got it....be right back...

Edited by Smoggy

Without fail kids at work always ask me if I'm on bass, can I play that one. It's pretty amazing it's still a thing.

There's only so many withering looks I can give. :lol:

The other one is that white stripes one of course. That one gets a bigger look. and usually the comment

"There's no bass in that. So.... No."

3 hours ago, marron said:

Without fail kids at work always ask me if I'm on bass, can I play that one. It's pretty amazing it's still a thing.

The other one is that white stripes one of course. That one gets a bigger look. and usually the comment

Wait..your a history teacher right?...

Is it the ******* School of Rock or something...history via tunes on the guitar?

'Ohhh shyte Mr Marron is getting his guitar out again to do a song on the Carthaginians and the punic wars....grroooaaannnnnn....'...

Edited by Smoggy
4 hours ago, marron said:

Back in the day my bogan metal band put an add in drum media for guitarist with the line “guitarist wanted no enter sandman” I spent the next week explaining to callers why sandman was **** 

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Wait..your a history teacher right?...

Is it the ******* School of Rock or something...history via tunes on the guitar?

'Ohhh shyte Mr Marron is getting his guitar out again to do a song on the Carthaginians and the punic wars....grroooaaannnnnn....'...

There is a teacher band.

For our last performance we, uh, did the song from school of rock. I was on drums for that one though.

But there are a few days through the year when senior kids have a bit of a jam out in the playground, always like to get in when I feel welcome enough.

59 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Back in the day my bogan metal band put an add in drum media for guitarist with the line “guitarist wanted no enter sandman” I spent the next week explaining to callers why sandman was **** 

Used to love reading those.

Edited by marron