Music Thread 4

mack

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

doesn’t all have to be blokes discussing the merits of shanks n shivs

i forget her name but i remember someone mocking a women driller over being murdered, seems like a very english thing to do, so they are out there but not very common and at least one of them is dead, in UK drill they dont **** around especially the likes of zone 2

So, this afternoon I found and watched this on youtube.....

For those old farts amongst us, I still consider this to be one of the most brilliant pieces of music ever written. 

To consider he was only 17 at the time, and played every instrument on the original recording is beyond comprehension. The story, though, is quite sad. 

If anyone has an hour, it is well worth a watch. 

Classic 1960's song produced and partly written by the infamous Phil Spector. I believe it rated in the top 20 best pop songs of all time by/in Rolling Stone magazine's top 500. Phil Spector's "wall of sound" became famous around this time with so many Groups.

29 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

It has always made me a bit sad that people like Morrison, Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Jeff Buckley and many others..... went so early.

They had so much more to offer. :(

Thanks for posting @sonar

You're welcome mate.

I heard the Doors " Riders on the Storm " on the radio today and was thinking even after so many years it's still so good.

Edited by sonar
42 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Classic 1960's song produced and partly written by the infamous Phil Spector. I believe it rated in the top 20 best pop songs of all time by/in Rolling Stone magazine's top 500. Phil Spector's "wall of sound" became famous around this time with so many Groups.

My favourite "wall of sound song"!

And the scene it is so well know for.