Sign in to follow this  
mack

Music Thread 4

On 21/10/2020 at 11:07 PM, StringerBellend said:

What a talent she was 

Sometimes when she was singing or being interviewed you had a small glimpse in to her inner demons. A very deep, emotional and talented / gifted individual.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Sometimes when she was singing or being interviewed you had a small glimpse in to her inner demons. A very deep, emotional and talented / gifted individual.

The Doco Amy is very good. She should have “just” been a Jazz singer, the record companies, media and tabloids turned her into something else that destroyed her. If the film is to be believed the father didn’t help either.

I wasn’t that into her stuff at the time but, I’ve become quite obsessed of late, both albums are fantastic 

Edited by StringerBellend

its 4 days old........but i am not impressed

9 minutes ago, marron said:

^^^^

You cannot not be angry in a crass shirt.

He is slightly irritated 

so onefour's ep is out.........its alright, has some great songs, lets ride has an amazing sample from all rise by blue and an amazing verse from Spenny however the ep doesnt really have much to do with drill and has a lot more singing than rapping which wasnt expected

3 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

so onefour's ep is out.........its alright, has some great songs, lets ride has an amazing sample from all rise by blue and an amazing verse from Spenny however the ep doesnt really have much to do with drill and has a lot more singing than rapping which wasnt expected

Haven't listened to it, but do you think the additional singing is due to going in a new direction or having members in prison and therefore not able to contribute?

4 hours ago, Carns said:

Haven't listened to it, but do you think the additional singing is due to going in a new direction or having members in prison and therefore not able to contribute?

i think that is partly it but not fully, Lekks, YP and even Celly do make appearances on the new EP, but Jmez does a lot of singing, some rapping but i guess he figured out he can sing so he uses that :P the times the jailed members make appearances usually are on their own songs or their own short interludes imo i wish they did a hard song like the message but with Celly and the rest of the members instead of their own individual short tracks, i mean most of the songs grow on me slowly but they are very middling compared to their older stuff, put it this way if they released an EP with spot the difference, the message, lads in the hood, shanks and shivs and in the beginning alongside the new ep, 95% of the time i would be listening to the ep with the older songs

i dont know how they managed to get the jailed members onto the ep though since if they did their verses from a prison phone it would sound like ****(maybe they did some studio magic), lets ride is still a banger though Spenny has such a hard verse there(despite him mentioning god a few times)

i think the most drill influenced members are in jail though so that does have an influence on it but i think its both, even if they were not in jail they always said they wouldnt just do drill and nothing else

13 hours ago, Midfielder said:

New AC DC song... not bad TBH ....

it doesnt sound bad however my issue with it is that its the same **** they been doing for the past 50 years, this song has been done by them around 1000 times :P so it feels pointless but it doesnt sound bad

11 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

it doesnt sound bad however my issue with it is that its the same **** they been doing for the past 50 years, this song has been done by them around 1000 times :P so it feels pointless but it doesnt sound bad

Angus Young had a great quote years ago about this:

“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.”

Just now, Carns said:

Angus Young had a great quote years ago about this:

i have read that quote.......its funny but not sure why they are proud of being **** :P

suddenly i want to work at the post office...........

My Friend the Chocolate Cake (yep unusual name): I've Got a Plan. Fine Australian group with a very good song.

31 minutes ago, Ossified said:

My Friend the Chocolate Cake (yep unusual name): I've Got a Plan. Fine Australian group with a very good song.

This was the first song I ever heard from them. On JJJ.

Then, a mate of mine took me to see them at the Metro in Sydney.

Then..... another (different) mate of mine played their music in the car during a road trip though Europe. I was hooked.

I've seen them over 2 dozen times live. Great band. David Bridie is a very underrated song writer.