mack

Wanderers Demolish Ill-Disciplined Sydney United

Posted (edited)

According to Bossi, Sydney United rested half their squad. 

I think they benched a few instead of starting them like Rose and Sim.

Uskok could not play because he had played for his previous Melb NPL team

Edited by Paul01
Correction

If we didn't want to get carried away, get ahead of ourselves or believe too strongly in a new dawn,

would it be fair to at least say, we're better than we've been since our enforced exodus years?

I for one, can't wait for the new season.

And bring on the first Parra Derby.

5 minutes ago, BohemianDublin said:

If we didn't want to get carried away, get ahead of ourselves or believe too strongly in a new dawn,

would it be fair to at least say, we're better than we've been since our enforced exodus years?

Getting carried away is doing this

QF 17 or 18th Sep AAMI Park?

SF 1 or 2 Oct ?

R1 HAL 12 Oct Bankwest

R2 HAL 19 Oct Marvel

Final 23 Oct ?

R3 HAL 26 Oct (Derby) Bankwest 

Watching the game last night from the Eastern side of the ground I thought that Campbelltown Stadium officials did an amazing job of replicating their Western stands atmosphere to Parramatta's Western Stand.

3 hours ago, hughsey said:

What was the drama after the game at the SUS end? Couldn’t see too much as I walked past but heard a heap of angry Croats yelling at Police while hiding behind a brick wall...

Great performance, we’re going places !

I did see some D.H. throw a Nazi salute on camera although I don't think he realised it was on him.

one word for Lopar - Professional.

Slater commented after the game that he thought the red card was a bit harsh. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I saw him throw a friggen punch at Yeboah?

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

According to Bossi, Sydney United rested half their squad. 

I think they benched a few instead of starting them like Rose and Sim.

Uskok could not play because he had played for his previous Melb NPL team

THey've played a bunch of games in the NPL Finals recently and midweek, and have the GF this weekend. Of course they were resting players. You could see with their subs at 60min they had an eye on the weekend.

Price of success. We can only play what's in front of us.

19 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

one word for Lopar - Professional.

I also like how he knows where on the field he is and isn't allowed to handle the ball.

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Remember although the score was 7-1 at 3-1 Lopar made that triple save and then we scored to make it 4-1 and they went down to 10 men. Lopar save was a turning point

Even if they had scored to make it 3-2 I still believe we would have outlasted them....maybe a 5-2 finish instead

1 hour ago, BohemianDublin said:

Due to the tyranny of distance I didn't go last night so had to rely on 80 minutes of Fox Sports coverage. However I did attend last years game at Marconi Stadium against Bonnyrigg who were as good as relegated from NPL1 and there was a significant difference in last night's effort compared with the scraping of a 2-1 win against Bonnyrigg. 

Onwards and Upwards !!

3 hours ago, Nel said:

No one's mentioned it yet, but how important is it to have a quality keeper between the sticks! Lopar was sensational and could well be one of our most valuable players if he stays fit and on the pitch. The strikers and playmakers always get the plaudits but a goalkeeper pulling off a sensational save is just as important as a goal scored. 

In a recent rant I accused Vedran of napping when there is little traffic coming towards him. That's when he is at his worst, and cost us big time. Lopar is the polar opposite - switched on and performing when it matters. MB picked a good one, no doubt. 

3 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Re fox switching to the Roar match, I was wondering if that coincided with when the SU58 actives let off a flare?

Pretty sure the switch happened before that.

4 hours ago, hughsey said:

What was the drama after the game at the SUS end? Couldn’t see too much as I walked past but heard a heap of angry Croats yelling at Police while hiding behind a brick wall...

Great performance, we’re going places !

That was about the extent of the drama 

7 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Pretty sure the switch happened before that.

Yep they saved up their flare until the 7th goal went in and they weren’t even on TV

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LeeMarvin said:

Slater commented after the game that he thought the red card was a bit harsh. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I saw him throw a friggen punch at Yeboah?

Yeboah is lucky there is no Var he threw a punch too 

as for harsh red card, it probably was but  the original challenge should have been red 

Edited by StringerBellend

7 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Yep they saved up their flare until the 7th goal went in and they weren’t even on TV

Sydney United can't get fined if nobody saw it

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Yeboah is lucky there is no Var he threw a punch too 

as for harsh red card, it probably was but  the original challenge should have been red 

He didn't call the penalty to SU58 as a harsh decision against us did he?

Anyone know why Kamau was taken off at half-time? Was it a precaution due to the niggle earlier in the match?

6 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

We've moved from 4.75 to 5.50 on TAB since winning that game to take the FFA cup, apparently we should have gone double digits

We are going to get the trifecta

FFA CUP

PREMIERSHIP
CHAMPIONSHIP

put $10 on that

membership next year sorted 

20 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Anyone know why Kamau was taken off at half-time? Was it a precaution due to the niggle earlier in the match?

they didn't say why but that was my headcanon

35 minutes ago, xposedPatricK said:

We are going to get the trifecta

FFA CUP

PREMIERSHIP
CHAMPIONSHIP

put $10 on that

membership next year sorted 

Odds of us winning the treble this season were 4500/1, a few weeks ago. #BetResponsibly

16 hours ago, Taurus said:

Yianni Perkatis saw red mist for some inexplicable reason. After the through the back challenge on Tate, the melee occurred & whilst being restrained by numerous WSW players, he was seen to be kicking out / studs up towards the legs of someone I assume Kwame, who has been accused by SU of throwing a punch. The video of the melee is said to clearly show YP's actions which earn't him the red card.

Dumb move Yianni, 3rd man in then you start inciting further trouble. That brainsnap will see you miss the NPL1 GF on Saturday & most likely, a couple of games at the start of next season.  

Kicking Kwame in the nuts, whilst being held back by numerous players, isn't a wise strategy.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/gallery/on-the-sidelines-sydney-united-58-vs-western-sydney-wanderers-530330/page78

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

Odds of us winning the treble this season were 4500/1, a few weeks ago. #BetResponsibly

I'd put a dollar on that.

Well, I would have if I was a gambling man.

Great to see the famous RBB with the boys taking up the challenge last night supporting there team as only they can ,All ex players and members know the great value they all add to the stands singing and chanting on game day none better , club members ,supporters, coaches,players , need to start clapping these folk after games respecting  the effort they put in as on show last night , a truly important part these people play week in week out , its time we got together and sung with our RBB and showed the passion our club needs:clapping:

It's been fantastic to read through the last 2 pages here.

I honestly can't remember the last time we collectively felt such excitement, confidence, enthusiasm and positivity for our team.

Wonderful to have that old familiar feeling back! :clapping::clapping:

17 minutes ago, wendybr said:

It's been fantastic to read through the last 2 pages here.

I honestly can't remember the last time we collectively felt such excitement, confidence, enthusiasm and positivity for our team.

Wonderful to have that old familiar feeling back! :clapping::clapping:

The exuberance is good and welcome, however, I'll temper my enthusiasm until we sweep aside sterner opposition in the coming weeks and the early rounds of the A-League.