International Team: Australia
International Caps: 8
International Goals:

Individual Awards:

Team Honours:

Highlight:
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: Veteran central defender who began his professional career at Sydney FC. After a stint in Korea he was called up to the Australian national team, playing 8 games, and was part of the 2018 World Cup Squad.

View full record

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Is he our 4th player from Wollongong. The first one worked out well (Santalab). The last 2 not so well in McDonald and Scott.

It's been a long time since I was involved with Matt - 15 years ago to be exact. This was for a State Titles team for Sydney Met West. I was lucky enough to grab Matt and a few other Premier Youth players in this team (most were from Youth League Div 1). He was playing for Parramatta Eagles (formerly Melita Eagles) at that time & I recognised his talents early on. I've followed his senior career and whilst he has had some tough spells I think that has made him a better person and player. His time in Asia would have even amplified this.

I just hope our fans give him a chance to prove himself at our club. It's not going to be easy to make the starting lineup but given the chance I'll back him to become a regular in the backline once he establishes himself. Give him some time to gel guys !

Welcome to the Red & Black hoops neighbour #2170Represent

I have fond memories of Reddy flicking the ball into Jurman's face and being pushed into the net by Hamill and Jamo in the aftermath.

I prefer him in red and black rather than Smurf blue. It will be something to get used to, but it will be easier for us than the Smurfs. As he considers himself as Westie of sorts, and talks about about a home coming of sorts: welcome (I guess).

On 07/09/2019 at 11:01 AM, FCB said:

I have fond memories of Reddy flicking the ball into Jurman's face and being pushed into the net by Hamill and Jamo in the aftermath.

I prefer him in red and black rather than Smurf blue. It will be something to get used to, but it will be easier for us than the Smurfs. As he considers himself as Westie of sorts, and talks about about a home coming of sorts: welcome (I guess).

Definitely something to get used to! I remember his reaction to reddy. Hands on. In his face. It's like he hated the opposition. I'm hoping this fire shows this season! Bring on the derby already.