The Madaschi Cup

Okay, so here is the breakdown of stats for the final, and the triumph of that most underwhelming of marquee Wanderers, Federico 'I did a cooking segment with Tara on Shootout' Piovaccari

Poll-Maker-Dashboard.png

timeline.png

As can be seen Pio leaped out of the gates and was well out front, however Borda did make a come back in the middle. It must be noted that there was some dodgy votes registered for Borda that had to be excluded, however even if they hadn't been caught Pio would still have won. That Borda did so well (or should that be so badly) shows that he made a real impact...after all, it's easy to look like three kinds of bad shite if you're a striker on big dollars & you're not scoring goals. But to be failing in defence and to do it time and time again, yet keep your spot in the squad for the whole season...that takes some skill.

The team of the Madaschi Cup will be announced as soon as I can get me arse in to gear. In the meanwhile be advised that there should be a Madaschi Cup 2020, where Pio, Borda & the rest of this year's entrants will have a new crop of candidates. Where will Cejudo, Llorente, Baumjohann & probably Nizic go against established stars like Kwabs, Risdon, Adeleke and Herd...

Cejudo should be right up there in contention...Llorente....It's just a pity the stuff he presented was crap.At times he couldn't defend to save himself. I can remember one bright moment where he combined with Majok in a passing move that set up Riera for a goal....other than that........?  Baumjohann has a great passing game but is lazy,lazy,lazy in defence. Should be an interesting vote.

Edited by sonar
2 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Okay, here's the team of the Madaschi Cup All Stars

EIFF5mbU0AAKrgf?format=png&name=small

Bench would include Kuzmanovski, Scott, Rukavytsya, Pepper & Hall

And yes, I know...Tyson didn't get any votes and most people thought he was okay. Next Cup I'll have a more appropriate candidate...

Hmmm

I can agree to disagree about this.

Appiah was half decent for us in the ACL but absolute dogshit for us in the A-League, Tongyk is a bit harsh he was young and was a necessity because of the injuries to Ziegler , I'd put Hamill there, and I would definitely put Redmayne ahead of Tyson. Tyson was part of our ACL team in 2014 and helped us win those crucial games.

1 hour ago, SBW said:

Hmmm

I can agree to disagree about this.

Appiah was half decent for us in the ACL but absolute dogshit for us in the A-League, Tongyk is a bit harsh he was young and was a necessity because of the injuries to Ziegler , I'd put Hamill there, and I would definitely put Redmayne ahead of Tyson. Tyson was part of our ACL team in 2014 and helped us win those crucial games.

Thing is, aside from Tyson, every single one of those in this team received multiple votes and made it at least to the final 16 of the Cup, or as per Herd, Adeleke, Borda & Pio, were in the last four. Was Redmayne worse than Tyson...possibly. However no one was clamouring for Redmayne's inclusion in the cup before or during voting. Bottom line was that there was no other candidate.

This will change this time next year I'm sure. 

Edited by ManfredSchaefer
2 hours ago, Davo said:

Scrolling back through this thread and I forgot how much of an absolute unit Pio was.

Maybe if he spent less time in the gym and more time practicing pens he wouldn't be lifting the coveted Golden Madaschi.

Coveted?

• 2 weeks later...