Sign in to follow this  
ManfredSchaefer

Boozers in Parra on Game Day

6 minutes ago, FCB said:

Braad and I shall venture to the Royal Oak Satuday midday-ish. We shall have lunch, and two drinks (the first and the last, not counting the ones in between). Then I shall find a few volunteers to first carry me to, and then drag me along the March. Once in the stadium I shall hold on to that safe standing rail thing tightly, just to make sure that the whole stadium doesn't spin out of control and takes off into space.

Best to stand on it so it doesn't uproot itself

Has to be said that the Royal Oak was a belter yesterday...worked out brilliantly in terms of bevvies, food, atmosphere etc. Plenty of familiar faces rocked up from the forum and we were there until the march hit the Riverside Theatre. Saw a few smurfs supping on Brandavino & red cordial but they were far and away in the minority.

Sad to think we will need to move someday soon.

On 27 October 2019 at 1:18 PM, ManfredSchaefer said:

Has to be said that the Royal Oak was a belter yesterday...worked out brilliantly in terms of bevvies, food, atmosphere etc. Plenty of familiar faces rocked up from the forum and we were there until the march hit the Riverside Theatre. Saw a few smurfs supping on Brandavino & red cordial but they were far and away in the minority.

Sad to think we will need to move someday soon.

It is a crime that this pub is going to be knocked down. Bavarian and Roxy gone, Royal Oak going, and at the same time the capacity of the football ground has gone up by 10k. What is needed is a pub like the one we used in Brisbane prior to the 2014 GF. 

The Albion are going to need a fleet of courtesy buses to ferry WSW fans to Phillips Park pre-march if they expect us to rock up in decent numbers.

It would be quicker to walk to Wanderland 2.0, from a licensed establishment in Westmead.

Btw, Happy Hour at the RO from 10am - 3pm tomorrow  

9 hours ago, Taurus said:

The Albion are going to need a fleet of courtesy buses to ferry WSW fans to Phillips Park pre-march if they expect us to rock up in decent numbers.

It would be quicker to walk to Wanderland 2.0, from a licensed establishment in Westmead.

On match days happy hour goes til 2pm only. That's what I was told last week.

Other than that: bring back the Bavarian!

Have seen some photos of last Saturday, looked absolutely amazing seeing all of you there!  Hope to make it down there one day to see you lovely people & hopefully on a early kick off so I can bring the little guy down!

9 hours ago, Taurus said:

Virtually lived at the Westmead Tavern in the late 90s...every Thursday night was trivia & my old team, ‘Brian Mannix’ won shitloads of $ free beers pizzas etc. Was a very decent boozer.

i was actually talking about it as a hypothetical option the other day. It’s probably too far but hey, nice to think it’s on the radar.

Not too far for some :cheeky:

Plenty of parking, pizza, pork pun & pub grub food options, train close. Surprisingly pretty much quiet after the derby, expected more people to park in Westmead but no.

10 hours ago, Taurus said:

In 

2 hours ago, andypk said:

In 

I probably won't get there until 3ish, so jugs it is for me 

Anyone heading to the Albion?

Or just heading into Bankwest for the double header?

15 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

Anyone heading to the Albion?

Or just heading into Bankwest for the double header?

royal oak

11 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

royal oak

woops I meant to say Royal Oak

Yep hoping to get that around 5.30 ish