A-League 19/20 Predictions

My (uninformed) two cents

1st - Victory (good squad and manager)

2nd - Sydney FC (good squad)

3rd - Perth (good squad but a lot of travel domestically and ACL)

4th - City

5th - Adelaide

6th - Brisbane

7th - WSW

8th - Western United

9th - Newcastle

10th - Mariners

11th - Phoenix

24 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

4th - City

5th - Adelaide

6th - Brisbane

7th - WSW

8th - Western United

9th - Newcastle

10th - Mariners

11th - Phoenix

Without trying to sound too negative....barring major injuries we will make the top six I think.....as for winning a title...?.....results on the pitch will tell the story.

We are a much better squad than last season.

1 hour ago, pseudonym said:

4th - City

5th - Adelaide

6th - Brisbane

7th - WSW

8th - Western United

9th - Newcastle

10th - Mariners

11th - Phoenix

I certainly think that we will finish higher than Brisbane and Adelaide. Roar will struggle I reckon, their foreigners look very average. Adelaide won't do great either due to their poor attack.

6 hours ago, pseudonym said:

4th - City

5th - Adelaide

6th - Brisbane

7th - WSW

8th - Western United

9th - Newcastle

10th - Mariners

11th - Phoenix

giphy.gif

Us - Although I’m less confident with since injury to Raddy, hopefully club will replace 

smurfs - they are the spawn of Satan and still have a while to run on their pact 

Perth - not as good as last year but still good enough 

City- I think this manager is the real deal and their squad is strong 

Victory - hard to say isn’t it they have lost a heap of players and signed some Kurtz is a solid manager they might be higher 

Adelaide - They look solid and Triosi will help

Western United - if their dad’s army do ok 

Jets - meh although they signed Fitzgerald so I’m probably putting them too high 

CCM - better but still a bit **** 

Brisbane - if their imports improve the League then it is worse than I thought 

pheonix - They signed sotirio 

20 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Where IS FCB?

Looks like he hasn't got a lot of forumites convinced of our imminent success this season. :pardon:

Could he be looking for Raddy's injury replacement?

The Polish guy I suggested in the Squad Development Thread signed in the oil league Michal Janota when Raddy got his injury.

45 minutes ago, Horus said:

My prediction is that we make top 6 then steal it like Belloq from Indiana Jones 

Can't remember the scene, but think I am picking up what you are laying down.  To do it easily just wouldn't be the Wanderers way would it?

Edited by LeeMarvin
1 hour ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

I'd be interested to hear anyone's analysis behind their predictions - are they just guesses or based on some analytical insight.

Who will be the significant/influential A League players this season? 

Okay, happy to give some reasons for mine

8 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:
  1. Vuck
  2. Melchester Heartless
  3. Wanderers
  4. Smurfs
  5. Perf
  6. Pissants
  7. Meow
  8. Tarnheit Travelers
  9. Dynamo Woy Woy
  10. Newy
  11. Nux

Vuck...very decent signings and with a new coach who has done pretty decent with a scratchy squad for a couple of seasons they deserve favouritism. Kurz will meld together a rather effective unit that also has a bit of team cohesiveness thanks to the likes of Traore & Kruse.

Melchester...been pretty accomplished in the FFA Cup & again have a new coach who has a better rep than the one he replaced. Must admit I wouldn't be surprised if they don't reach the pozzie I've assigned them.

Us: Yes we have now got an issue with Raddy gone, & perhaps we have some weaknesses in the depth & positions. However this is a club that is being driven by a need to succeed & Babbel is going to get far more out of the lads he has this season than before. And we are back in Parra baby.

Smurfs: Not as good a roster as last season & Corica is not the coach he thinks he is, nor is he even the coach he thinks Arnie is. Weaker in defence & they're going to discover how Baumjohann doesn't put in the shifts needed. Oh, & Barbarouses has a record of underperforming away from the Vuck.

Perf: Popa doesn't have as good a squad as last season & we know how he will tactically set up his team. Fornaroli is a big plus but he isn't the duck's nuts like some thing he is.

Pissants: Always thereabouts and again a new coach may invigorate them. Nothing too special about their squad but when it comes to semi finals time they'll be there.

Meow: Fowler is a new coach and he's brought in a lot of Poms who will struggle with the heat of an A-League summer. Might go close to top six but not expecting them to do more than pull out a few surprise wins.

Tarnheit: Rudan can coach & he has a decent squad but they are like this season's version of Roar 2018/19. No real home ground will hurt them too. Watch them fade as the season goes on.

Dynamo Woy Woy: Stajic is the best thing about them Effectively our B team, and we know how well most of those who played in our A team went last season.

Newy: Older squad with a good coach, but lacking the quality needed to do well. Hoolahan's injury is a big loss for them & no team with the likes of Clisby & Fitzgerald as key experienced locals can expect to do that well. Sadly they are a club that has been screwed by Donald Trump.

Nux. Gutted squad with a new coach with not much more to his record than sitting next to a few Smurf coaches. When you lose Singh and Krishna and sign Sotirio you know the seaosn ahead is gonna be shite

Thanks - some interesting and good thoughts.  Do you think Vuck have replaced and improved their squad that much?  They lost some very good talent but could only make 3rd last year - are their replacements a big improvement? Will Kruse make it through the season?

Does SFC have the depth to play ACL?  What about Perf?  Who is the 3rd team in ACL?  How will ACL impact their season?

What will determine how well we go?  Where do you see the strengths and weaknesses of our squad and do we have the depth?

• 4 weeks later...