Western Sydney Wanderers vs Central Coast Mariners 12/10/2019 5:00PM

I see us as side still in pre-season. With several players coming back from injuries, not match fit and not having time to gel as

a team. As well as Meier only arriving a couple weeks ago. I think it will take us a month a least to be up and running at full capacity.

At this stage without seeing the team, I see a low scoring draw.

21 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

I see us as side still in pre-season. With several players coming back from injuries, not match fit and not having time to gel as

a team. As well as Meier only arriving a couple weeks ago. I think it will take us a month a least to be up and running at full capacity.

At this stage without seeing the team, I see a low scoring draw.

No. Won by 2 goals or more for mine.

Lopar has played every pre-season game with some outstanding saves and less f.u's than Vedran.

Back 3 will be dominant whoever plays and will probably be Tass, McGowan and Jurman (Ziggy on the bench)

Wingbacks Kamau and Georgievski (Elrich if Danny is still injured). Russell off to Olyroos camp. Wilmering is possibility as well.

Schwegler and Baccus DM. The weight of passes against Sydney United was telling.

AM will either be Sullivan, Meier or Grozos or a combination thereof. Wilmering played as sub in this position against Sydney United

FW will probably be Yeboah and Adam with Duke on the bench

If you look at the Sea-bogans, back 4 of Ziggy Gordon, Dylan Fox, Kye Rowles and Clisby with Birighitti in goal, we are going to get past them with a few.

5 hours ago, Jowel said:

What sort of crowd is expected?

I have a feeling 12-15k. The way WSW are pushing for ticket sales on SM suggests not many general ticket sales have been sold. Our membership total is down too from the last couple of years (which is strange, unless the cows have already had an impact).

Anything under 25k will be seen as a failure by the wider HAL community and rival fans because we've been harping on about this stadium for 3 years.

But success brings the crowds....and its gonna rain on Saturday lol

1 minute ago, Erebus said:

I have a feeling 12-15k. The way WSW are pushing for ticket sales on SM suggests not many general ticket sales have been sold. Our membership total is down too from the last couple of years (which is strange, unless the cows have already had an impact).

Anything under 25k will be seen as a failure by the wider HAL community and rival fans because we've been harping on about this stadium for 3 years.

Our terrible past two seasons may have "burnt off " more of the fairer weather fans and the experiences with security at SOP may have added to that.

35 minutes ago, Erebus said:

It really feels like season 1, game 1. I’m sure there’s a huge contingent of fans who won’t be attending until we get their attention with a few wins and big crowds. 

Then the explosion in crowds will happen lol

the key right now is to be positive and patient and support the boys on the park no matter what. Build that connection with the team again. Then they will play for us 

Edited by Jowel
11 minutes ago, Horus said:

I can tell we're back at Parra because I'm buggered if I know where I'm going to park

Yes...it's all changed around the stadium.

From the Leeds game, no more parking at Cumberland Hospital, and up around the old gaol, and along O'Connell street...all blocked off for the light rail (is what I was told).

There is a big new car park tho.

But a lot has changed.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic