Western Sydney Wanderers vs Central Coast Mariners 12/10/2019 5:00PM

45 minutes ago, Carns said:

Not a good injury record, hope he's not another injury prone youngster who never kicks on.

You know it's bad when missing 15 weeks for snapped ankle ligaments and an injured quad is a good injury year for him.

1 hour ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Nah Martin....they'll have a readily accessible pool of super-keen young players who right now are training their hearts out at Sydney United, Camden Tigers & Macarthur Rams, gagging to don the Black & Gold for 2020/21.

Rams still have a youth set up? ;);)

Saw someone earlier mentioned the roof/rain coverage.

If there is any sort of wind about, it’s only towards the upper stands that won’t cop it. At the eels manly game a few weeks ago I got wet and was sitting at the back of the RBB bays.

Just now, Smoggy said:

That's the banner, has it really been so many years since I sat in the east stand upper looking at that. If it still exists it could do with showing up Saturday.

Are we allowed tifo's again....I though we were banned after #Arnietifogate..?

2 minutes ago, Carns said:

I would assume based on "the new FFA" and A-league working group that those restrictions would've been removed to help encourage active support. I'll be disappointed if there isn't some sort of tifo. And, ideally, if it can be massive and hung from the roof, that'd be good too!

If it has been lifted (ridiculous if not) certainly great opportunities going forward for tifo that goes from upper tier and down to RBB lower tier. 

Edited by Smoggy
12 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Optimism is for kids & those that haven't lived :ninja:

Try realism instead.

The presence of Lopar, Ziegler and Schwegler alone will mean 20 goals less conceded. AMFG has 20-25 goals within him, but if all he does is putting the sitters away he'll be well ahead of Riera in his second season. 

Rd 1 last year we had a starting 11 of: snake, risdon, tongynk, hamill, elrich, baccus, Mahazi, abj, roly, sotirio, riera. In October 2019 it feels like something from a nightmarish parallel universe. 

Time to flush any memories of the last three seasons down the toilet. There won't be a rerun of "trains planes and automobiles". 

2 hours ago, FCB said:

Try realism instead.

The presence of Lopar, Ziegler and Schwegler alone will mean 20 goals less conceded. AMFG has 20-25 goals within him, but if all he does is putting the sitters away he'll be well ahead of Riera in his second season. 

Rd 1 last year we had a starting 11 of: snake, risdon, tongynk, hamill, elrich, baccus, Mahazi, abj, roly, sotirio, riera. In October 2019 it feels like something from a nightmarish parallel universe. 

Time to flush any memories of the last three seasons down the toilet. There won't be a rerun of "trains planes and automobiles". 

Time will tell here.

Lopar - played 3 competitive games and so far has had 2 verdan moments. He hooked a ball back into play offering an open net. And he’s walked out of the way of a dead straight shot. He’s a great shot stopper but so was vedran. Brain farts can’t be an element of his game.

Schwegler - yup, he’s going to be a massive improvement

Ziggy - whilst his extended absence might have been our fault, we are yet to see him play for an extended time without injury. He was amazing when on the pitch... let’s just hope he actually gets on the pitch

5 hours ago, FCB said:

Try realism instead.

Last season we scored & conceded 54 goals, in what was the worst defensive season in our short history. 

Over the last 3 seasons, we've gone from conceding 1.25 goals per game, under the custodianship of Spider & Redmayne, to conceding 1.75 gpg under

Davide Del Giovine & Vedran in 17/18, to last seasons diabolical result of conceding 2.0 gpg.

If we seek to return to the top echelon of the competition, we need to score 10 goals more per season & more importantly concede at least 15 goals or .60 gpg less. 

If we can't achieve this type of defensive result across the 26 rounds, given we've bolstered our defensive stocks & have a new home to play at, the focus must surely turn to the last line of defence, as being the area of greatest concern.  

2 minutes ago, Robvad10 said:

you can save an e ticket of membership into an android wallet app.

I've been able to print ff the ECARD, but, that still doesn't explain why we appear to stuff up a simply process each & every year 

19 hours ago, coachcarter said:

Lopar

McGowan           Mourdakoutis        Jurman

Elrich              Baccus                   Schwegler        Georgevski

Wilmering                  

Duke                        Meier

Todays last training season at Wanderland 2.0 will be more insightful. 

I don't think you're far away from our starting back 6 (Kamau to start at RWB), but, Wilmering won't start at #10

I remember friday October 5th 2012 sitting in the truck waiting to get unloaded,thinking and thinking and thinking how WSW is gonna perform on their first ever game.

Not so much the team but more so the fans,will they turn up because rain is forecast tomorrow? Are we in the RBB gonna be heard on TV? Can we pull off a result?

Fast forward to today 11th October 2019 and I'm again sitting in a "different" truck  feeling very similar to our first ever game but in a good way of course 

I'm going with the attitude of a clean slate , a new era if you will ,and forget those 3 füçking years of hell

Good luck tomorrow hope to see you at the pub 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic