Melbourne Victory vs Western Sydney Wanderers 18/10/2019 7:30PM

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I’ll be shocked if Meirer doesn’t start, makes no sense to start him last week and not this. If the goal is to get minutes into him and get the team used to playing with him then that won’t happen with him on the bench

grozos will start, 

given how well willmerring played id imagine he will get start over Russell 

I must be missing something with Wilmerring?? Sure he was on debut and I am certain he will be brilliant for us given time...but I didn't think he lit the league on fire last weekend? I think Tate has proven himself much more than a solid but average debut by Wilmerring? I'm happy with either either but I genuinely think I must have missed something with Wilmerring.

Western Sydney Wanderers: 1.Daniel LOPAR, 4.Dylan MCGOWAN, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 6.Matthew JURMAN, 7.Mitchell DUKE, 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 14.Alex MEIER, 16.Mathieu CORDIER, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 19.Pirmin SCHWEGLER, 22.Nicholas SULLIVAN, 23.Kosta GROZOS, 27.Kwame YEBOAH, 28.Fabian MONGE, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 31.Noah PAGDEN, 33.Tate RUSSELL, 35.Mohamed ADAM, 37.Jake TREW, 40.Nicholas SUMAN.

Ins: 27.Kwame YEBOAH (returns from injury), 28.Fabian MONGE (promoted), 31.Noah PADGEN (promoted), 33.Tate RUSSELL (returns from international duty)
Outs: 21.Tarek ELRICH (hamstring)
Unavailable: 10.Radoslaw MAJEWKSI (knee)

Melbourne Victory in, outs, unavailable 

Ins: 7.Kenny ATHIU (returned from international duty), 26.Jay BARNETT (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 1.Matt ACTON (shoulder), 5.Tim HOOGLAND (quadriceps – 6 weeks), 10.Robbie KRUSE (hamstring), 13.Birkan KIRDAR (international duty)

2 biggest memories of this fixture are the win in S1 and Flaregate in the season before last which was then followed by Arnie-gate and the whole active support discussion in mainstream media hit it's depressing lowest point.

Oh and that last minute free kick by Finkler which took 3 points off us in S2

Edited by beatsurrender

Training this morning , no sign of Elrich,  Kamau  was training alone with a trainer working him with a ball

Georgeski, Yeboah, O'Doherty  and Ziegler all worked hard with the team  

Muller with 2 dots sat under an umbrella with a Latte and watched. :)

Singapore airlines 12 and half hour flight Frankfurt to Singapore then 6 and half hour flight to Sydney arriving 6:30am  this morning :)  like every other morning  

Edited by Keithie
memory
58 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Time for another bus trip methinks.

This is a ridiculous stat that we haven't beaten MV at home for 6.5 years. In a salary capped league. WTF

We were close in S2 (95th minute equaliser by Finkler) and S4 when we had the VIC under pump in the second half with a late Santa equaliser and sotirio hitting the cross bar in ad on time. Two of the most exciting away games ever. 

2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Hey @mack, I know you're a cunning bastard, but did you really need to lock both part 1 and part 2 of the squad development threads!? And ...... how the hell are we now supposed to keep track of the number of pages until the next signing?

You are an accountant, live out your numbers fetish elsewhere. And remind me to give you a good slap for all your useless numbers posts next time we meet...

18 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Training this morning , no sign of Elrich,  Kamau  was training alone with a trainer working him with a ball

Georgeski, Yeboah, O'Doherty  and Ziegler all worked hard with the team  

Muller with 2 dots sat under an umbrella with a Latte and watched. :)

Singapore airlines 12 and half hour flight Frankfurt to Singapore then 6 and half hour flight to Sydney arriving 6:30am  this morning :)  like every other morning  

O'Doherty was training with the first team and doing all the drills :o

Surely not.

Good news about DG, Yeboah and Ziegler

48 minutes ago, FCB said:

And remind me to give you a good slap for all your useless numbers posts next time we meet...

Get to the back of the line and wait your turn...

2015 2-0 win when Castelen ripped it apart is the best memory I have, not been to an MV away game yet..

Castelen is mobbed by team-mates and fans after putting Wanderers two ahead.

We loved him that night anyway...

Edited by Smoggy
2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Get to the back of the line and wait your turn...

2015 2-0 win when Castelen ripped it apart is the best memory I have, not been to an MV away game yet..

Castelen is mobbed by team-mates and fans after putting Wanderers two ahead.

We loved him that night anyway...

He ripped georgievski apart 

- Babbel mentioned Yeboah is added to the squad,
- Monge and Pagden are promoted to the squad.
- Russell is back from International duties.
- Kamau, O'Doherty, Elrich and Ziegler will miss out 
- Muller should be ready for next week's Sydney Derby (hopefully).
- Personally, I would have Grozos starting over Sullivan and Wilmering taking Elrich's spot.
- If Babbel decides to use Yeboah this week, I feel as though he would use him from the bench 
- We have enough players to use the 7 bench rule (right?). 

Anyway, here's my predicted starting line-up against Victory:

U4FQPT6.png

Subs: 16.Cordier, 22.Sullivan, 27.Yeobah, 28. Monge, 33. Russell, 35. Adam, 40. Suman
Omitted: 31. Pagden, 37. Trew

I'm still predicting a draw (really depends on Victory's lineup and if they stick with their 4-2-3-1 formation from last week against City or use 4-4-2 with Toivonen and Athiu at the front, that'll cause headaches for our back 3 if they decide to go ahead with that formation instead.)

Edited by MathyouWSW
6 hours ago, FCB said:

We were close in S2 (95th minute equaliser by Finkler) and S4 when we had the VIC under pump in the second half with a late Santa equaliser and sotirio hitting the cross bar in ad on time. Two of the most exciting away games ever. 

I remember that game when Santa equalised. One my mates got absolutely flattened by a female cop while we were jumping around celebrating in the away bay at Etihad lol 

18 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I remember that game when Santa equalised. One my mates got absolutely flattened by a female cop while we were jumping around celebrating in the away bay at Etihad lol 

When Santa scored I nearly fainted, my hearing when for a short moment. Absolutely mental. 

As far as the Friday game is concerned: WSW can't go to Melbourne and expect to beat the VIC. But they are still getting the hang of Kurz, a few of their key players came late, and they are missing two key players with BL experience - it could be much worse for WSW. 

If WSW can keep Toivonen quiet, and AMFG scores, then WSW will win the game. 

7 hours ago, FCB said:

You are an accountant, live out your numbers fetish elsewhere. And remind me to give you a good slap for all your useless numbers posts next time we meet...

Retired accountant! 

I need a numbers hit every now and then!

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic