Expiring Year 2019/20
Bruce Kamau
Daniel Wilmering (U21)
Mitch Duke
Mathieu Cordier
Matthew Jurman
Nicholas Suman (U21)
Nick Sullivan
Nicolai Muller (Foreign, Injury Replacement for Majewski)
Pirmin Schwegler (Foreign)
Radoslaw Majewski (Foreign)
Tristan Prendergast

Expiring Year 2020/21
Daniel Georgievski
Fabian Monge (U21)
Jordan O'Doherty
Kosta Grozos
Kwame Yeboah
Mo Adam (U21)
Noah Pagden (U21)
Patrick Ziegler (Foreign)
Simon Cox (Foreign)
Tate Russel (U21)

Expiring Year 2021/22
Daniel Lopar (Foreign)
Dylan McGowan
Keanu Baccus
Vedran Janjetovic

Expiring Year 2022/23
Tass Mourdoukoutas

Special Player Limitations (As part of overall squad cap)
5 of 5 Foreign Players
2 of 2 Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap)

A-League squad comprised of 20 to 23 Senior Contracted players (3 players aged U21 required).
15 of 20 First Team Contracts
3 of 3 U21 First Team Players (Grozos, Tass, Cordier)
Additional U21 (Scholarship & Youth Academy) players can be signed outside the squad cap.

2 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Wooo, we're back!

Latest rumour:

I'd be fine with this if we get a nice fee and can find a decent replacement.

ParkleaMe$$i$tay$

If we lose a player this the best way to lose them with Transfer fee and allows other players a go. O'Doherty should be comming close to his comeback correct?

Hope we're looking at releasing Vedran (to Macarthur?) and using all the freed up money (along with the cap space we got back with Nizic being released) to get an AM. I also think we should look at a RB option as I don't think Russell is going to give us what we need just yet.

23 hours ago, wswnick said:

Hope we're looking at releasing Vedran (to Macarthur?) and using all the freed up money (along with the cap space we got back with Nizic being released) to get an AM. I also think we should look at a RB option as I don't think Russell is going to give us what we need just yet.

Personally I prefer Russell to Wilmering, and I think we looked better moving it out from the back last week than we have in weeks. Nothing against Wimering, mind you. A young lad with bundles of promise. I just think his passing game and go forward needs more work. I hope his recovery is a quick one. 

25 minutes ago, smp said:

Personally I prefer Russell to Wilmering, and I think we looked better moving it out from the back last week than we have in weeks. Nothing against Wimering, mind you. A young lad with bundles of promise. I just think his passing game and go forward needs more work. I hope his recovery is a quick one. 

Russel was getting torn apart last game

7 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Russel was getting torn apart last game

And so he was subbed - but so did Elrich in other games.....but Russel still better than Wilmering (except crossing when we played WU)

On 27/12/2019 at 8:34 PM, wswnick said:

Wooo, we're back!

Latest rumour:

I'd be fine with this if we get a nice fee and can find a decent replacement.

Jesse Curran could be signed now as he is a free agent to replace Keanu. Plays DM and RB.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jesse-curran/profil/spieler/296443

If it happens - Personally like to see sullivan tried unless we got a major upgrade, don’t see the point rolling the dice for someone marginally better 

surprise baccus is drawing interest I don’t really think he’s been anything special

solid yes but at times he losses the ball way too much unless the club is just going off a video highlight package 

Could be a decent move for him. 

But we need a decent compensation for him and not be like Roar who let Taggart go for $150k to South Korea

If Baccus goes, play Sullivan and use the money from him to fund another player potentially. Need a player at RB, AM and maybe even another striker.

I heard a bit before the start of the season that Duke is looking out this summer. I don’t believe it is true for a second but that was the rumour. 

Here is who I think we should get.

ST: Should Duke leave, we should sign that Lyndon Dykes. He is killing it in the SPL and I reckon would tear apart the A-League. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lyndon-dykes/profil/spieler/347138

RB: Christian Trasch (foreign player). If Ziegler somehow gets his citizenship this guy should be a key target imo. In pre season he openly said he wanted to come to the A-League from the Bundesliga. He is currently off contract and has been since July 1st. I think Victory almost signed him. https://www.transfermarkt.com/christian-trasch/profil/spieler/38440

AM: Ben Arfa/Honda. Hear me out. Surely for at least Hatem Ben Arfa, the FFA will approve him as a guest player. This guy is a free agent and was seriously a top top player despite his attitude. Providing his fit he could tear the league apart. This could be the same for Honda who was a proven quantity in the league, although maybe not reaching the heights expected. This is where the club can potentially throw more money into it but possibly reap huge rewards.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/keisuke-honda/profil/spieler/66521

https://www.transfermarkt.com/hatem-ben-arfa/profil/spieler/18900

Tell me what you think. I could be very wrong but these are a few players I think could turn us around.

I worry about signing anyone that hasn't played for over 6 months and getting anything useful out of them before the season is over

Baccus and Tass selected for u23 tournament. First match is a friendly on 3rd Jan. Not sure when they have to fly out but we're currently going to be without Schwegler on 1st Jan due to suspension so will get interesting if Baccus/Tass are gone for that match too... Sullivan and Grozos midfield?

Edit: camp starts 31st December so unless our players get to leave late we won't be seeing then again till end of Jan

50 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Baccus and Tass selected for u23 tournament. First match is a friendly on 3rd Jan. Not sure when they have to fly out but we're currently going to be without Schwegler on 1st Jan due to suspension so will get interesting if Baccus/Tass are gone for that match too... Sullivan and Grozos midfield?

Edit: camp starts 31st December so unless our players get to leave late we won't be seeing then again till end of Jan

And by that time we may have sold Baccus to AGF (hopefully for a relatively big fee) and have a decent replacement sorted or sign a player at RB/AM or ST even.

15 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

I worry about signing anyone that hasn't played for over 6 months and getting anything useful out of them before the season is over

Good point didn’t think about that tbf

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

And by that time we may have sold Baccus to AGF (hopefully for a relatively big fee) and have a decent replacement sorted or sign a player at RB/AM or ST even.

We won’t get a better player in under the gap, Baccus brings a junior takes next to no cap space and is also the Parklea Messi 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

We won’t get a better player in under the gap, Baccus brings a junior takes next to no cap space and is also the Parklea Messi 

Mmm interesting. I would of thought that due to his 3 year extension he would’ve gotten a much higher rate of salary, but still not anything huge. Consider though that Nizic is gone which leaves a bit and Vedran who I believe was on something like 180k is surely out the door means we can sign a decent replacement somewhere else on the pitch (Sullivan to DM).

9 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Mmm interesting. I would of thought that due to his 3 year extension he would’ve gotten a much higher rate of salary, but still not anything huge. Consider though that Nizic is gone which leaves a bit and Vedran who I believe was on something like 180k is surely out the door means we can sign a decent replacement somewhere else on the pitch (Sullivan to DM).

I wouldn't base any potential recruitment on the expectation that Vedran will be leaving us. Despite his wage level, without him we only have youth players as back up for Lopar. Vedran has been very involved with participation in off field activities all season, which suggests to me he isn't going anywhere soon. From his perspective, I expect he is looking to be back (available for) playing before season's end and so set himself up to stay at WSW whether Lopar stays or not, or enhance his options for an off season move if wanted.

On 28/12/2019 at 11:45 PM, smp said:

I think Tate has too many weaknesses in his all-round game and will always be targeted by opposition fast players. Wilmering has promise but is too "nice " needs more mongrel in his game. If we want to be also rans these  boys will do but if we want to win things we need faster , more aggressive hard tackling players.

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

According to SMH twitter, the club rejected the offer from AGF

24 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

According to SMH twitter, the club rejected the offer from AGF

So we should unless it’s stupid money

38 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

So we should unless it’s stupid money

Makes we wonder whether his mind has been elsewhere instead of football with WSW. His form this season is a bit up and down.

If Baccus leaves, what is Jedinak up to these days? Marco Rojas is a free agent as well. Love transfer window season!

Rojas is a visa spot we don't have and not really the answer to our problems right now

Offers made to the players below from Macarthur FC,  

Bruce Kamau , Mitch Duke , Mat Jurman , Nick Sullivan , Tate Russell , Daniel Lopar , Pirmin Schwegler.

source is internal from Bulls,  offers to the 2 foreigners are significant

38 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Bruce Kamau , Mitch Duke , Mat Jurman , Nick Sullivan , Tate Russell , Daniel Lopar , Pirmin Schwegler.

Decent squad of players that, yet we are 7th 

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Losing Lopar and Schwegler to them would be disastrous. They're the 2 visas we'd want to build a team around with or without Babbel.