mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

17 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Sarfend! Stringer will be excited and know all about him.

Raddy connection me thinks.

5 minutes ago, Matto97 said:

Great. Another old striker who can't score goals. Not like we needed a number 10 or anything... Wtf WSW. Duke could of gone up top. 

I'll wait to see him on the field before passing judgement......

Geez so much to consume 

baccus read about release clause for future contracts 

amfg - turned out I had you early on alfg 

a lazy football guy 

Simon Cox - nup please no 19 goals in 3 games in league one... bounced around for ten years... unless he can be second coming of broich or berisha and find new love and powers down under 

9 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

He’s a le fondre type, he’ll probably score a heap over here 

Keogh

Le Fondre 

ODonovan 

all about the level and scored a heap over here

All the people 

so many people 

they all say

whos that team in blue?

southend...

Southend 

to tune of Blur Parklife

He has the same agent as Le Fondre

5 minutes ago, 1988banana said:

Just waiting to hear Simon hill says "COX IS INSIDE THE BOX" 

All we want to see is some decent penetration, ball handling, pulling the trigger, and of course some shooting.

Cox confirmed. Deal for rest of this season and 2020/21.

1 minute ago, mack said:

Waited till have time in the W-league game

Never watched him play so I will wait and see. I know some will say we should have got someone better but we have to be realistic, we are not doing well , only signing for half a season , not a lot of money on offer and the A league is not the best draw card for most players.

TBH this is the level of players we can attract and if they give 100% then I'm happy.

24 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Geez so much to consume 

baccus read about release clause for future contracts 

amfg - turned out I had you early on alfg 

a lazy football guy 

Simon Cox - nup please no 19 goals in 3 games in league one... bounced around for ten years... unless he can be second coming of broich or berisha and find new love and powers down under 

18/19 season

51 games, 16 goals, 8 assists, 9 yellows, 1 red (2y)

League 1, FA Cup, EFL trophy, EFL Cup

10 minutes ago, mack said:

... how the ****

We just locked ourselves into a foreign keeper for 2 more years. Now we’ve give an 18 month deal to a bloke who wasn’t a consistent goal scorer in league 1. That’s a very precious foreign spot we’ve just allocated there

Should of been on loan for the remainder of the season but oh well.

Look, jokes aside, here’s the thing. 

When it comes to signing foreign players, we never know what we’re going to get. We can guess, estimate, assume and then take a stab in the dark all on top of that, but it’s a lottery. 

We’ve signed plodders and journeymen in the past that have taken us to grand finals and champions league finals. On the other hand, we’ve signed world beaters and top 5 league top scorers that have come across and flopped. 

If he comes with a good attitude, puts in a decent shift on the pitch, and hopefully bags a few goals, I’ll be happy. 

So long as the resident Irishman of the forum doesn’t come along and try to convince everyone we’re going to win the league. 

Attacking may have been better for us. But I guess we need goals somewhere

5 minutes ago, Beer said:

So long as the resident Irishman of the forum doesn’t come along and try to convince everyone we’re going to win the league. 

Im half irish..and were still shyte.

If he does a le fondre I won’t care 

Seems Babbel is safe for now if we are letting him sign players on deals locked in to next year 

Remember him at Swindon and he was pretty good. Better than that actually. Went to Forest (they paid decent coin from memory) and he lost his way a bit. He can’t do any worse can he? 

11 minutes ago, Beer said:

Look, jokes aside, here’s the thing. 

When it comes to signing foreign players, we never know what we’re going to get. We can guess, estimate, assume and then take a stab in the dark all on top of that, but it’s a lottery. 

We’ve signed plodders and journeymen in the past that have taken us to grand finals and champions league finals. On the other hand, we’ve signed world beaters and top 5 league top scorers that have come across and flopped. 

If he comes with a good attitude, puts in a decent shift on the pitch, and hopefully bags a few goals, I’ll be happy. 

táimid chun an tsraith a bhuachan

12 minutes ago, Themumf said:

Remember him at Swindon and he was pretty good. Better than that actually. Went to Forest (they paid decent coin from memory) and he lost his way a bit. He can’t do any worse can he? 

He wasn't too bad at Forest but they were a shambles at the time....probably a similar situation at Southend. He'll be more mobile and he'll give a ****. Could be another Keogh

Cox?

66 on FIFA... like literally average A-League rating. Very disappointed.

On the plus side, his FIFA workrate is high so hopefully he'll be getting around

That said, Meier dropped 2 FIFA rating points to 70. His FIFA workrate was low.

Western Sydney Wanderers FCan hr ago
  •  
  •  
  •  

Western Sydney Wanderers FC are proud to announce the signing of experienced Irish striker Simon Cox until the end of the Hyundai A-League 2020/21 season.

Cox has played over 500 games in England’s Championship, League One and cup competitions scoring 134 goals.

A powerful centre-forward, Cox has played for Reading, Bristol City, West Brom, Nottingham Forest and most recently Southend United.

A player who provides goals and link-up play, Cox has been the top scorer for Southend United for the past three seasons scoring 45 goals and 26 assists in 172 games for the club.

The 32-year-old has 30 Irish international caps to his name since his national team debut in 2011, scoring four goals.

Cox said he was looking forward to a big challenge with the Red & Black.

“I’m really looking forward to it, I’ve never been to Australia so I’m looking forward to come over and score some goals, that’s what I’m there to do, and that’s what I’ve been doing most my career. I’m expecting a big challenge,” said Cox.

“I spoke to Adam Le Fondre (Sydney FC striker) this morning and he said great things about the league and the Wanderers set-up. I spoke to Radi (Radoslaw Majewski) as well, who I played with at Nottingham Forest, and he said really good thing about club too so I am really looking forward to arriving and getting started.

“I’m expecting it to be tough, you’ve got to get acclimatised which can be tough but I am looking forward to the challenge. As someone who’s played at the top level I’m not taking anything for granted and I’m looking forward to every challenge that comes my way in the A-League.

“It’s an honour to come and play for the club and I hope that we can build something together as a club, looking forward to playing in front of what I’ve been told is the best fans in the A-League and I hope that we have some good times ahead,” finished Cox.

Cox arrives in Australia on Sunday prior to the Wanderers double header against Perth Glory at Bankwest Stadium.

40 minutes ago, dcrow said:

táimid chun an tsraith a bhuachan

Don't you start too.

1 hour ago, mack said:

Interestingly the members email says end of 2021/2022 in the heading and then 2020/2021 in the article.....

I'm sure its the latter. I didnt even pay attention initially as i assumed it would just be for this season

49 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

If he does a le fondre I won’t care 

Seems Babbel is safe for now if we are letting him sign players on deals locked in to next year 

Who said he is signing these players :cheeky:

You can't drop a comment like that and not follow it up.

I heard someone else won't be here much longer either, we all thought he'd get to the end of the season but may go sooner.....

We've had the DICK now we get the COX.