Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

On 19/01/2020 at 3:36 AM, Taurus said:

I shall direct you to my Bio.

The answer you seek, is contained therein.

Have you got an idea of the management thinking re replacement manager, local or foreign?

I would go local myself.

5 minutes ago, papersun said:

I'd also add, I think there needs to an external review of the whole football management structure in particular, whether additional positions are needed and whether existing positions are being performed effectively or not.

This club was at its peak when it didn’t have a lot and made the most of what it did have. Any review needs to look at going back to this mindset of an honest, hard working attitude where you don’t need all the bells and whistles to succeed.

I think employing more personnel in the football side of things would be a too many chiefs and not enough Indians type deal. When Popa was at the club, he was the top dog and that was that. 

2 minutes ago, hughsey said:

This club was at its peak when it didn’t have a lot and made the most of what it did have. Any review needs to look at going back to this mindset of an honest, hard working attitude where you don’t need all the bells and whistles to succeed.

I think employing more personnel in the football side of things would be a too many chiefs and not enough Indians type deal. When Popa was at the club, he was the top dog and that was that. 

I have a suspicion that a review would recommend changes in personnel more than increasing headcount, but I think there's merit in having a position created overseeing and making recommendations regarding all the football functions of the club including coaching appointments and recruiting.

On 18/01/2020 at 4:01 PM, Paul01 said:

Guus was sacked as the Chinese National Teams for abject failure to qualify for finals in Asian tournaments a few months ago.

The Chinese U23 National Team failed to register a point or score a goal in the current AFC U23 Championship.

Aussie Guus is unavailable 

On 18/01/2020 at 3:32 PM, Keithie said:

The riddler is back 

Babbel will get an opportunity to field a team with Cox in it, be assured of that 😀 

I don't like being a ****, but sometimes you just have to give a bloke enough rope...

I'm not going to repeat posts on here that I've already made on twitter, although some may think I should, for their edification 

52 minutes ago, Taurus said:

I don't like being a ****, but sometimes you just have to give a bloke enough rope...

I'm not going to repeat posts on here that I've already made on twitter, although some may think I should, for their edification 

Not sure what you are trying to say Riddler but you finally got one right :) 

6 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Keithie living dangerously. :D

PS I think Taurus should certainly repeat what he says on Twitter for our edification! :lol::lol:

Question for those that attend training sessions.

Do we train like we warmup? Where the defenders and midfield pass the ball amongst themselves and the forwards shoot at goal?

Only reason I ask, I that this is how we play. We are great passing between the defence and midfield and no idea about getting it into the front third.

27 minutes ago, billybob said:

Do we train like we warmup? Where the defenders and midfield pass the ball amongst themselves and the forwards shoot at goal?

Only reason I ask, I that this is how we play. We are great passing between the defence and midfield and no idea about getting it into the front third.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

5 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Not sure how true this is but Muller was supposedly at Sydney Airport today? Could be total bs. Heard they had a day off today but then had this emergency meeting. I would assume it is bs.

I sincerely doubt it, I'd expect we wouldn't be willing to have a mutual termination. We couldn't afford to lose him

A player can be at the airport for a number of reason's in TM's case could be 

- visiting relative/friend is being picked up

- maybe he has a groupon voucher for a meal

- maybe Babbel needed a lift

- he wanted to pick up his new hair product

nothing to see here :xnod:

Edited by GunnerWanderer
On 20/01/2020 at 6:54 AM, hughsey said:

The much from little set up was never sustainable. It was born out of the excitement of the new club and a unique group of players with a point to prove...that kind of set up is hard to sustain and replicate and many will fail trying.

As soon as we became a normal club..normal in the sense that the ownership was brought in, we became like every club and that 1st season feeling was always going to be watered down.

We can hold on to the values such as hard work ethic which opitimises the west of Sydney but enough looking backwards...forwards with purpose because i am sick to the back teeth of ESFC being given an unchallenged free ride.

Edited by Smoggy
23 hours ago, Keithie said:

Others may disagree, but, I'll leave it up to them to comment.

Given that you've only been with us for 12 months or so, Happy Anniversary for the 9th January btw, you may have missed plenty of juicy offerings since the formative days of the forum.

Some things are best not said or repeated on a open forum, hence, I only throw a few scraps out on social media for general consumption. 

One can never be sure what the likes of Bossi will uplift & write about, with a view to damaging our club.

18 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes, players warm up.

Most of the sessions include drills which are largely unopposed, (except McG who is a wrecking ball at times), so it's not surprising that we struggle against actual opponents on the weekends.

I should add, I've lost interest in going to training a couple of months ago, since the drop off in intensity at same & the club embracing their annual siege mentality mindset. 

• mack locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic