Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

12 minutes ago, Keithie said:

some people stopped going to training when wanderers put a sign up stopping people harassing players at the gate during training I seen one bloke and his missus storm off when the WSW employee enforced the  sign :)

What you can’t go and harass people at their place of work, it’s political correctness gone mad I tell yer

3 hours ago, Taurus said:

Others may disagree, but, I'll leave it up to them to comment.

Given that you've only been with us for 12 months or so, Happy Anniversary for the 9th January btw, you may have missed plenty of juicy offerings since the formative days of the forum.

Some things are best not said or repeated on a open forum, hence, I only throw a few scraps out on social media for general consumption. 

One can never be sure what the likes of Bossi will uplift & write about, with a view to damaging our club.

so Riddler do you see yourself as expert because you have been  here longer  , sadly half the stuff you say is unintelligible   

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Get a ******* room you two and quit the flirting :rolleyes:

Oh do shut up! :P

I have no idea what he's on about! :unknw:

PS This thread is off the rails at the moment.

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

some people stopped going to training when wanderers put a sign up stopping people harassing players at the gate during training I seen one bloke and his missus storm off when the WSW employee enforced the  sign :)

I love the image of them storming off, “well if I can’t harass them then I’m going home” 

58 minutes ago, Keithie said:

so Riddler do you see yourself as expert because you have been  here longer  , sadly half the stuff you say is unintelligible   

No champ, I have multiple contacts within the club & have done since day 1. 

I try not to post anything that would damage the club, but, for those who have been watching this channel since mid 2012, they know how to interpret stuff I may post from time to time on here. 

I don't post stuff on here, no matter how unintelligible, for any reason other than to provide a heads up or to quell unrest within the forumites. 

It doesn't benefit me in any way, if anything, I cop plenty of grief from club employees from time to time, who do interpret my postings as undermining their work / pending announcements.   

1 hour ago, Beer said:

Gee and people got stuck into me for being a flog 🙄🙄

You must be getting too many rays up there in the Sunshine State 

8 hours ago, Taurus said:

Yes, players warm up.

Most of the sessions include drills which are largely unopposed, (except McG who is a wrecking ball at times), so it's not surprising that we struggle against actual opponents on the weekends.

I should add, I've lost interest in going to training a couple of months ago, since the drop off in intensity at same & the club embracing their annual siege mentality mindset. 

Unopposed drills? **** me dead. I may just be a mug grassroots MiniRoo coach, but even I know unopposed drills are not an efficient or effective method to prep your players for match day. 

8 hours ago, papersun said:

Anything happening re player contract extensions?  The only one  I can recall so far is Lopar.

The club won't want to leave it too late with Macarthur sniffing around.

Not sure anyone will be to keen to sign on the dotted line with the coaching up in the air. 

Biggest worry is Duke. He said on the fox pod earlier in the week that he wants to play at #9. 
He is off contract at the end of the year. 
We have Yeboah, Adam and now Simon Cox for that position all contracted for next season. I'd be amazed if Macarthur don't like the idea of pinching our captain and arguably best player. And if they can let him play in the position he wants.....

2 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

Biggest worry is Duke. He said on the fox pod earlier in the week that he wants to play at #9. 
He is off contract at the end of the year. 

That guy would give 100% in any position on the park, first on list to resign in my opinion, get it done!

Yes to all that.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/wanderers-secure-mitchell-duke

It would be only fair to see the enthusiasm shown in that clip rewarded with SOMETHING of a chance to experience what he came to WSW for.

I hope we can keep him.

On 18/01/2020 at 3:54 PM, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Actually Taurus somewhere mentioned that Guus has been sacked from his national team or something around those lines.

Maybe he is suggesting something :cheeky: :meep::woah:

He's headed to PSV as an advisor

14 hours ago, wendybr said:

Yes to all that.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/wanderers-secure-mitchell-duke

It would be only fair to see the enthusiasm shown in that clip rewarded with SOMETHING of a chance to experience what he came to WSW for.

I hope we can keep him.

I thought that link was a new announcement :(

Noooo...sorry.!

It was the original announcement.

I've thought of his excitement in that clip often, at the end of games, when he's been sad and frustrated in post match interviews.

I've felt for him ....for the diappointment of being a Wanderer now, compared to when he'd have played against us as a Mariner. 😢

This is an extract from an article I just posted in the W-league thread on Denise O'Sullivan.

"The trademarked grit and hustle of O’Sullivan’s unrelenting style of play was a welcome addition to a Wanderers squad that finds itself second in the W-League, having lost just once in eight matches this season.

Like she does with the Courage, O’Sullivan bossed the midfield with the Wanderers, showing her willingness to do the dirty work – hustling back defensively to provide cover for her backline, stymying opponents with her one-v-one defending – all the while remaining a key cog in her team’s build-up play"

We need all our squad to epitomize this.

• mack locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic