Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

2 hours ago, Keithie said:

Offers made to the players below from Macarthur FC,  

Bruce Kamau , Mitch Duke , Mat Jurman , Nick Sullivan , Tate Russell , Daniel Lopar , Pirmin Schwegler.

source is internal from Bulls,  offers to the 2 foreigners are significant

Keithie, is this coming from someone you know personally?, If so can you ask them if there's any interest in bringing Danny Choi back from Portugal.

10 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Trasnfermarkt says he is playing in Portugal 3rd div? I feel we could aim higher

The question was directed as to whether or not McCarthur had any interest in bringing Danny back.                 Also after seeing some of the goals he's scored this season, would like to see him given a decent crack at the A League, injury free so far which is also a good sign.

The constant player turnover has been detrimental to the club. Results on the pitch show this......especially the past 3 seasons.

The rumours about Macarthur are just what we need.....another mass cleanout.....:ninja:.

The club must do all it can to ensure our top players stay. There are ways to beat the cap....do it. 

3 hours ago, Keithie said:

Bruce Kamau , Mitch Duke , Mat Jurman , Nick Sullivan , Tate Russell , Daniel Lopar , Pirmin Schwegler.

This is where we see if we truly have owner's and management capable of running this club.

4 hours ago, Keithie said:

I can see Juman, Duke, Lopar and Schwegler leaving.. 

i think Yeboah will play for CCM next year or stay at WSW , WSW are fast approaching CCM  standards it will be a fight for the wooden spoon this year between CCM and WSW.

Rudan said he will not fill his team with non A league players who have been on the roundabout for a few years. that does not give you a lot of choices to find Australian players to fill a team,  like 15 of them :)

Macarthur FC has not said a lot at all , but certainly are after some quality players and no old blokes neither.

Sam Krislovic is well learned in the hard yards of a tough soccer club and been successful at Sydney United

SFC didn't want Jurman - he gave them first option apparently and 'they didn't need him' so he came to us.

I imagine Mac will put in a bid for anyone and everyone they can at the moment and see what comes up.  I would expect that our visa players would either stay with WSW or go home (unless they really got an offer they couldn't refuse or really liked Oz).  It is a lot of changing around, moving etc and we do have some pretty good facilities, a good ground etc - just can't play football.

Of course I have no clue how pro footballers think (do some of them think?)  and could be shooting hot air!

SFC couldn't fit Jurman in so late in pre season , Jurman would be back at SFC in a flash and there will be openings,

the visa players will go where the best money is as all pro footballers will , short career's means maximising earnings

14 hours ago, sonar said:

The constant player turnover has been detrimental to the club. Results on the pitch show this......especially the past 3 seasons.

The rumours about Macarthur are just what we need.....another mass cleanout.....:ninja:.

The club must do all it can to ensure our top players stay. There are ways to beat the cap....do it. 

The first step in maximising the cap is to have a well - run club with a good atmosphere/culture. 

We are the antithesis of that so we'll need to pay more for our players. 

Expect another big clean out of players at seasons end. We'll lose some of our most talented because they will go elsewhere for slightly less. A professional, positive environment is a big attraction. 

We need new management and a refresh at our club, the bottom of the barrel is within touching distance

12 hours ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

I would expect that our visa players would either stay with WSW or go home (unless they really got an offer they couldn't refuse or really liked Oz).  It is a lot of changing around, moving etc and we do have some pretty good facilities, a good ground etc - just can't play football.

Unfortunately, they've been living/working  here during an uncharacteristically horrible time - in terms of their training/playing /living conditions.

Hard to imagine players and their families falling in love with life in Sydney as it's been for the past Spring - Summer.

Just saying.

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Unfortunately, they've been living/working  here during an uncharacteristically horrible time - in terms of their training/playing /living conditions.

Hard to imagine players and their families falling in love with life in Sydney as it's been for the past Spring - Summer.

Just saying.

Read the article in Pirmin's thread

28 minutes ago, SBW said:

DO you think the players are just holding out re-signing with the club because of the coaching situation whether Babbel will stay or go?

Even if players feel loyalty to a manager who has brought them here, surely players must recognise when the coaching situation isn't working, they wouldn't have the attitude, "If he goes, so do I."  or "If he goes, I must go as well."

Would they? :sad:

I don't know what it will be, the single year deals are a joke and pointless, it either shows no loyalty to the players or the players show no loyalty to the club.

It also shows that the club not being proactive to re-sign the players in the first place. 

Duke, Muller, Schwegler, Lopar and Sullivan should be our priority to re-sign them and try build the team around them.

12 minutes ago, SBW said:

I don't know what it will be, the single year deals are a joke and pointless, it either shows no loyalty to the players or the players show no loyalty to the club.

It also shows that the club not being proactive to re-sign the players in the first place. 

Duke, Muller, Schwegler, Lopar and Sullivan should be our priority to re-sign them and try build the team around them.

Agree. I would add Jurman to that list.

Sadly the one year stand has been traditional at WSW , this mess the club is in is going to be a long term fix , the club cannot attract decent Aussie players , IE: Bratten,  Troise, Ikomedis, Davidson , just imagine if WSW had that 4 in WSW team this year.  

8 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Sadly the one year stand has been traditional at WSW , this mess the club is in is going to be a long term fix , the club cannot attract decent Aussie players , IE: Bratten,  Troise, Ikomedis, Davidson , just imagine if WSW had that 4 in WSW team this year.  

How much better, more settled, cohesive, confident, forward looking must teams be where players already know they have a solid future for the next season or two, than in teams like ours where they must be waiting for a tap on the shoulder to be told "Thanks, and good luck for the future....somewhere else."

That sort of insecurity must be damaging at all sorts of levels.

But the flip side to long term deals is you get players like Vedran outstaying their welcome (4 years was absurd). It's a difficult prospect in a salary capped league and one that most clubs struggle with at times.

It's arguable the only reason a guy like Baccus got a longer deal was so the club could cash in when he eventually is sold to a foreign team.

The reason why we have these 1 year foreign deals is because we sign more dud foreigners than successful ones. 

The ones we sign multi year deals, majority of them sucked and then the club had to buy them out and waste money.. 

So far that comes to mind is Borda, Jumpei, Saba. They had multi year deals, and we had to buy them out. 

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Is there any evidence we even tried to attract Brattan, Troisi, Ikon or Davo?

• mack locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic