mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

14 hours ago, Westiesarebesties said:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/celtic-snap-up-wanderers-starlet-nikolic

Another one of our youth off overseas, this one notes some compensation

By the time he gets going at Celtic, Arzani and Rogic will probably have left !!

25 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

By the time he gets going at Celtic, Arzani and Rogic will probably have left !!

To me sounds like Rogic is going to stay for many more years. Feel like he should go to a bigger club because I feel Celtic has halted his development as a player.

32 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

To me sounds like Rogic is going to stay for many more years. Feel like he should go to a bigger club because I feel Celtic has halted his development as a player.

He's had a bad run with injuries but I've always felt that he's never been one of the first names on their team-sheet. About time he moved on though.

On 07/05/2020 at 10:41 AM, MartinTyler said:

If Arzani has any common sense he will come back to the aleague like Mooy did and focus on just playing games and being a big fish in a small pond. If he did, we should definitely make a move. Or is he still contracted to CFG?

I see Rogic being at Celtic for a while unless he is offered a good deal by a English Championship club or a Premier League club. If Arzani is still signed with City Football Group, he should be on loan to Melbourne City to get some game time.

On 07/05/2020 at 11:08 AM, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

The over whelming response from Celtic fans I've heard is that he simply can't see out 90 minutes at full tilt (which we see pretty regularly with his NT duties). If he cant go hammer and tongs for 90 minutes in the SPL he wont survive the EPL. He's definitely a good fit for plenty of Championship clubs though. But in 5 seasons at Celtic hes only put in 120 odd league games, and im betting plenty of these were from the bench during returns from constant injuries

5 hours ago, Cynth said:

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Probably not

Someone claimed that they private messaged him on instagram (Pignata or Sage can't remember) and said there was no such clause in his contract and that he would be at Perth next season. However this could be completely fake/false.

15 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Potential replacement for Jurman if he leaves? https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/meet-the-aussie-battling-away-in-bosnia

I remember him playing against Adelaide United in the AFC Champions League.

He is the equivalent to Spiranovic and Mrcela, a great defender and willing to help in corners. I'm surprised he has never been given the opportunity to play for Australia (unless he was trying to play for Serbia as he hold Serbian citizenship). 

54 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Jake McGing and Liam Rose

That should have Leumeah rocking 

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

Don't believe this for a second. They also said Birighitti was going to them and i'm pretty sure someone said that is false. Feel like they've pounced on the idea that he said he wanted to come to the A-League and have said he is going to Macarthur for clicks. Could be completely wrong but won't believe it until its announced. Guess i might have to wait a fair while for that to happen.

Just thinking, if any of our or other teams players have signed for Macarthur for  the 20/21 season, they would surely have to put their hand up pretty soon wouldn't they?

I imagine Macarthur would probably want to start training in the next few weeks and also there's the situation with players contracts expiring at the end of the month.

I think it would be better for all concerned if there was an  official announcement made by Macarthur by the end of this month of which players have been signed.

Also I'm extremely bored and want some transfer news!

53 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Absolutely, would be one of the top marquees you could get in the a league

59 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Would be good to see him in the A League.  I doubt that we  would be the ones to splash the money though, more likely Victory.

6 minutes ago, papersun said:

Would be good to see him in the A League.  I doubt that we  would be the ones to splash the money though, more likely Victory.

Already got the mighty Robbie Kruse and Nabbout though, who are decent Aussie wingers. I feel we really need a great player on the wing, something we haven't really had in spades over the last few seasons.

15 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Already got the mighty Robbie Kruse and Nabbout though, who are decent Aussie wingers. I feel we really need a great player on the wing, something we haven't really had in spades over the last few seasons.

No harm in us trying if we're willing to make a decent offer. 

With Victory I see Nabbout probably moving to centre forward to replace Toivenen, so I'd have them as favourites and willing to shell out plenty out to get him.

24 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I really miss the days of Polenz and Hersi ripping up teams up the right side.

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Neither are as good as Leckie though. I really don't know if I could see him back here. It would have to be if he didn't see himself getting proper game time elsewhere surely.

1 minute ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Neither are as good as Leckie though. I really don't know if I could see him back here. It would have to be if he didn't see himself getting proper game time elsewhere

Next min you'll see him in the oil leagues.

I think its realistic chance this whole COVID 19 situation might make Aussie players more willing to come back home. Worth a go

Leckie to the bulls 

4 hours ago, Keithie said:

Leckie to the bulls 

Would be a very solid first marquee to base your signings around. Make a strong statemnt

On 19/05/2020 at 10:19 PM, ZachMercer said:

Next min you'll see him in the oil leagues.

Under normal circumstances you'd be absolutely right.

199 countries currently have moderate to complete boarder closures. That currently includes all the oil leagues. Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia infect rates are starting to really take off now too

If I'm an aussie player right now, I would be worried about my ability to even enter a different country let alone hope the league proceeds. Australia already has professional sports on the cusp of kicking back off. I'd be looking for a marquee role in Australia if I were Leckie, and he's probably going to get it too.

The issue he's going to face is that clubs are supposedly asking to reduce the cap for next season. Add to that there are players on contracts that simply dont fit a reduced cap and all of a sudden options start to become slim.

We have a big problem in Vedran. Old mate is supposedly due back from injury for next season, and he wouldn't even get a run in the U20's but still manages to eat up an enormous part of the cap. Might be time to reclassify him as a striker and put him up against Mcgowan for some training sessions. He's almost assured a catastrophic knee injury

So the following players are out of contract come Monday, so may not be seen in any potential return in July/August:

Bruce Kamau
Daniel Wilmering - currently recovering from an ACL
Mitch Duke
Mathieu Cordier
Matthew Jurman
Nicholas Suman 
Nick Sullivan
Pirmin Schwegler - Confirmed (?) as not coming back via an article out of Germany

Cox is also currently in England so would need to fly back and not too sure of the logistics around this as he isn't a resident/citizen.

10 minutes ago, wswnick said:

So the following players are out of contract come Monday, so may not be seen in any potential return in July/August:

Bruce Kamau
Daniel Wilmering - currently recovering from an ACL
Mitch Duke
Mathieu Cordier
Matthew Jurman
Nicholas Suman 
Nick Sullivan
Pirmin Schwegler - Confirmed (?) as not coming back via an article out of Germany

Cox is also currently in England so would need to fly back and not too sure of the logistics around this as he isn't a resident/citizen.

Obvious re-signings are Duke, Sullivan in my opinion, the others you could debate about. Kamau had hit new heights and looked very good in my opinion, wouldn't hurt to give him an extra year. Wilmering could sign as a squad rotation player for next season. Cordier can go. Jurman is so yes and no I think we should let him go. Watch him turn into Maldini when he leaves. Nick Suman can probably stay, as long as Vedran leaves. Pirmin gone. Sullivan is a future star and has been very bright when he plays, very confident and can pull of some great tricks (also has a bit of flare). Duke is a no brainer, re-sign for another season or 2. I read that Cox is supposedly coming back, however this article was about a month ago.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST