Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

16 hours ago, wswnick said:

So the following players are out of contract come Monday, so may not be seen in any potential return in July/August:

Bruce Kamau
Daniel Wilmering - currently recovering from an ACL
Mitch Duke
Mathieu Cordier
Matthew Jurman
Nicholas Suman 
Nick Sullivan
Pirmin Schwegler - Confirmed (?) as not coming back via an article out of Germany

Cox is also currently in England so would need to fly back and not too sure of the logistics around this as he isn't a resident/citizen.

For me:

Bruce Kamau - Let him go. Even if he has some amazing games, he's out constantly.
Daniel Wilmering - I saw VERY little that said he was anywhere near ready for the mens football. He looked good against leeds and the pretty much only completed passes to the CB after that
Mitch Duke - keep obviously
Mathieu Cordier - Been on the fringe for 2-3 seasons. Very much not a wingback it seems
Matthew Jurman - Keep
Nicholas Suman - Meh... never known a GK who was injured this much
Nick Sullivan - Keep
Pirmin Schwegler - We dont really have a choice but he's fine to stay or go

Our issues:
Cox - Faaaaark me talk about falling over at the final hurdle. He might have his contract terminated anyway if he cant return to the country. If he's unable to hold up his end of the contract then it voids
Vedran - The man isnt going to leave unless the bulls or mariners take him. He might be happy just to take his cash and sit on the bench
Majewski - He's just come off an ACL at 33. Part of his value was that he worked like a mad man up front. If he loses that with his knee, it's going to be a **** show. We will at least have the same remedy to void if he cant return to aus
Georgevski - Second half of the season was nothing short of horrendous. If he can find his old form then he's fine. If he carries on where he left off...
Yeboah - Dude is not a footballer. It's like Bambi had a stroke and then decided to go iceskating
Ziggy - He immediately drops off this list if he cant get his paperwork sorted

We are carrying a lot of chaff into next season. 

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/a-league-players-in-limbo-as-wait-goes-on-549012

More than 100 players are now out of contract after their deals expired on May 31.

FFA is hoping to use FIFA guidelines to approve short-term extensions to player contracts until the 2019-20 season can be completed.

"We are concerned with current delays as players, particularly those whose contracts were up on 31 May, need to know their futures so that they can make decisions around their lives, let alone their football careers," PFA chief executive John Didulica said.

"There's a host of contractual and regulatory tweaks that will need to be made to ensure things can run smoothly, particularly given that we're operating over two contract cycles and border challenges remain."

51 minutes ago, wswnick said:

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/a-league-players-in-limbo-as-wait-goes-on-549012

More than 100 players are now out of contract after their deals expired on May 31.

FFA is hoping to use FIFA guidelines to approve short-term extensions to player contracts until the 2019-20 season can be completed.

"We are concerned with current delays as players, particularly those whose contracts were up on 31 May, need to know their futures so that they can make decisions around their lives, let alone their football careers," PFA chief executive John Didulica said.

"There's a host of contractual and regulatory tweaks that will need to be made to ensure things can run smoothly, particularly given that we're operating over two contract cycles and border challenges remain."

I heard its already been sorted.

Duke did a Q&A session on DailyOzFootball's instagram a few moments ago.

One of the questions he was asked was "Are you staying red and black" 

His response was:

"Seeing a lot of questions on hand regards to me signing a contract again with the Wanderers, am I staying, am I leaving. It's very hard to answer during all this craziness. I am off contract now...but I would love to finish at least the journey with the Wanderers this season and who knows what can happen after that"

Sigh...hope he does.

16 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Duke did a Q&A session on DailyOzFootball's instagram a few moments ago.

One of the questions he was asked was "Are you staying red and black" 

His response was:

"Seeing a lot of questions on hand regards to me signing a contract again with the Wanderers, am I staying, am I leaving. It's very hard to answer during all this craziness. I am off contract now...but I would love to finish at least the journey with the Wanderers this season and who knows what can happen after that"

Sigh...hope he does.

Yep, seems like the club once again has decided to wait to re-sign their players. Plus if he has re-signed, he can't just announce it in a DailyOzFootball Q & A. Unless he has signed at Macarthur I would say he wouldn't move to any other A-League team and I can't see him signing overseas any time soon.

You've got to also appreciate that no one knows what the salary cap will look like next season and whether any players will be signed for the money they currently earn (depending on any renegotiations re: broadcast deal). And that issue is the same for all the clubs.

25 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Yep, seems like the club once again has decided to wait to re-sign their players. Plus if he has re-signed, he can't just announce it in a DailyOzFootball Q & A. Unless he has signed at Macarthur I would say he wouldn't move to any other A-League team and I can't see him signing overseas any time soon.

Yeah, I know he won't announce if he is offered a contract to stay with the club on an instagram page but just a bit frustrating to know he is off contract. 

Well, he was also asked if he would join the Mariners :cheeky:

His response was "...Look, I respect the Central Coast Mariners, I've always said that. I had amazing memories there and started my professional career there and had a lot of success there. So, I would never put anything off the table and hope that doesn't get me in trouble" 

3 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Yeah, I know he won't announce if he is offered a contract to stay with the club on an instagram page but just a bit frustrating to know he is off contract. 

Well, he was also asked if he would join the Mariners :cheeky:

His response was "...Look, I respect the Central Coast Mariners, I've always said that. I had amazing memories there and started my professional career there and had a lot of success there. So, I would never put anything off the table and hope that doesn't get me in trouble" 

lol can't imagine CCM coughing up the money Duke would want.

Not sure where I should put this but this thread is as good as any I suppose.

• Schwegler is trying to be enticed to return, but it looks almost certain that he won't. Apparently, his body is struggling with the physical side of playing in the A-League. Such a shame.
  • Mueller and Lopar stayed here. They love Oz and the lifestyle. He said that Mueller is an absolute pro. People think he is an angry ant but he is just intense and committed. He has been a big influence on the younger players. Zeigler also stayed.
  • Cox returned to England (as we all know) but is in the throes of sorting out his visa to return. Bit of a hiccup last week but should be sorted soon.
  • Duke is still here but is still keen go out on a high with another overseas stint. Interest from Japan apparently. 
  • All other players available and ready to go.
  • Covid tests on Monday for players and a return to training on Wednesday. (common knowledge)
  • Still no official confirmation from the FFA on a re-start date for the comp to finish the past season, but word has it that it may come this week. 
3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

• Schwegler is trying to be enticed to return, but it looks almost certain that he won't. Apparently, his body is struggling with the physical side of playing in the A-League. Such a shame.
  • Mueller and Lopar stayed here. They love Oz and the lifestyle. He said that Mueller is an absolute pro. People think he is an angry ant but he is just intense and committed. He has been a big influence on the younger players. Zeigler also stayed.
  • Cox returned to England (as we all know) but is in the throes of sorting out his visa to return. Bit of a hiccup last week but should be sorted soon.
  • Duke is still here but is still keen go out on a high with another overseas stint. Interest from Japan apparently. 
  • All other players available and ready to go.
  • Covid tests on Monday for players and a return to training on Wednesday. (common knowledge)
  • Still no official confirmation from the FFA on a re-start date for the comp to finish the past season, but word has it that it may come this week. 

Heard that the coming Tuesday will be the make or break day regarding an official announcement. I've heard all the boys have been sent programs about a week or two ago to really get them ready fitness wise. Looking at Muller and his wifes instagram, I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed here for more than a year. Can't see Schwegler coming back at all.

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

He said that Mueller is an absolute pro. People think he is an angry ant but he is just intense and committed.

Who is he?

On 13/06/2020 at 6:46 PM, Wanderboy said:

I chatted with a semi regular poster from this forum last week who'd been told he was almost definite to return. No idea who his internal source is but I know he has a bunch. They can stick their heads up here and disclose if they wish

• mack locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic