mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

On 13/06/2020 at 6:46 PM, Wanderboy said:

Not sure where I should put this but this thread is as good as any I suppose.

• Schwegler is trying to be enticed to return, but it looks almost certain that he won't. Apparently, his body is struggling with the physical side of playing in the A-League. Such a shame.
  • Mueller and Lopar stayed here. They love Oz and the lifestyle. He said that Mueller is an absolute pro. People think he is an angry ant but he is just intense and committed. He has been a big influence on the younger players. Zeigler also stayed.
  • Cox returned to England (as we all know) but is in the throes of sorting out his visa to return. Bit of a hiccup last week but should be sorted soon.
  • Duke is still here but is still keen go out on a high with another overseas stint. Interest from Japan apparently. 
  • All other players available and ready to go.
  • Covid tests on Monday for players and a return to training on Wednesday. (common knowledge)
  • Still no official confirmation from the FFA on a re-start date for the comp to finish the past season, but word has it that it may come this week. 

Not fussed if Duke gets a deal overseas. Just don't want to see us lose him to another A-League side.

3 hours ago, wswnick said:

Not fussed if Duke gets a deal overseas. Just don't want to see us lose him to another A-League side.

While I agree, we would need to find a worthy replacement, which I can't think of many.

Hot news

JP: Pirmin has made the decision to return and I spoke to him yesterday. For him, it’s all about coming back to finish the season with the group. As far as convincing him, it was never an issue

From this mornings press conference.

Great news, so looking like we'll have everyone available.

16 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Radoslaw was two year contract, right?

JP:Radoslaw is still on injury-replacement. He’s back in Poland and he is improving a lot. He’s getting closer to where he wants to be #WSW

Rumours were 1+1 based on amount of games played

1 hour ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Radoslaw was two year contract, right?

JP:Radoslaw is still on injury-replacement. He’s back in Poland and he is improving a lot. He’s getting closer to where he wants to be #WSW

1 year with an option to extend based on how many games he played (roughly 22 from memory). 

Rather keep Muller permanently.

Club posted an update.

Lopar gone for the season. Will be back. 

Majewski still in Poland with his new child, I can't see him coming back this year or next.

Vedran still injured. He's been out for nearly a year now with that rotator cuff tear injury.

I swear I saw Lopar post a story on Insta over the weekend with his kids at Manly... he must of just left. Seems strange

48 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Great to hear Schwegler is coming back. Would've been a bit of a loss.

I beg to differ. Would have been a big loss.

50 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

1 year with an option to extend based on how many games he played (roughly 22 from memory). 

Reckon Muller will replace Schwegler contractually.

58 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Well if played in their correct positions we'd be able have both. I honestly felt that we saw some pretty good football from Majewski. Wouldn't be opposed to getting him back as well as Mueller

3 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Well if played in their correct positions we'd be able have both. I honestly felt that we saw some pretty good football from Majewski. Wouldn't be opposed to getting him back as well as Mueller

Agree, however a 33 year old coming back from an ACL and MCL probably isn't ideal.

oh err no Lopar or Vedran, see how good our reserve string is now.

No Lopar... ...we are stuffed.

But Fox about to walk away from the A-League, so the whole League is stuffed..

If a football game takes place in an empty stadium and is not even televised did it really even happen?

Didn't we get an injury replacement for Suman recently too?

Oh jeez. Whats the go here? I say #bringbacktjerradtyson

Apparently Tristan Prendergast is a decent keeper. Thank god Greenwood is gone, he is probably one of the worst keepers i've seen in the NPL. 

Can we get an injury replacement for Veds or Suman.

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Oh jeez. Whats the go here? I say #bringbacktjerradtyson

Apparently Tristan Prendergast is a decent keeper. Thank god Greenwood is gone, he is probably one of the worst keepers i've seen in the NPL. 

Can we get an injury replacement for Veds or Suman.

Isnt Federici leaving Stoke?

1 hour ago, mack said:

We had Tristan Prendergast from Blacktown for a few games.

So did sydney 

Re Lopar.....one can only assume it is a personal issue of some sort. Don't like our chances if he's out.

I swear JP did a double take when asked on status of Raddy. Probably forgot who he was for a second 

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Isnt Federici leaving Stoke?

no clue, could we get him as an injury replacement for Vedran. May be on similar wage if he came back to the league? Honestly have no clue.

did anyone notice JP mention "dom" in the press conference. You could imagine it would be very awkward for JP and Dom Bossi to be doing a press conference after all the things he wrote about JP.