mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

Watch our games without him, he makes us tick 

My mind goes back to the Leeds game and the great through ball for Yeboah to score.......beautiful.

2 minutes ago, sonar said:

My mind goes back to the Leeds game and the great through ball for Yeboah to score.......beautiful.

We've fallen a long way since that game. I had great hopes for us once the season got going full swing, but look what happened. 

11 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

We've fallen a long way since that game. I had great hopes for us once the season got going full swing, but look what happened. 

We fell off a cliff at least three seasons ago.....once we left the old Parra.  Gombau and Babbel were disasters. After the first half of this season we were heading for the bottom. JPdM has improved things. I live in hope.

3 minutes ago, sonar said:

We fell off a cliff at least three seasons ago.....once we left the old Parra.  Gombau and Babbel were disasters. After the first half of this season we were heading for the bottom. JPdM has improved things. I live in hope.

Me too.

2 hours ago, sonar said:

Sexual 

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Self induced by the club too

out Castelan, Andreu, Alberto

In Jumpei, Pinatares, Borda 

Just now, StringerBellend said:

Absolutely.

6 hours ago, Paul01 said:

The club did reject the transfer in January. We Sullivan and O'Doherty as capable replacements. Milligan is in limbo now without a contract now who could replace Schwegler in DM

Schwegler is coming back, he will be here this coming week.

12 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I'm curious how much of this was the club not wanting to pay wages and how much Popa thought he could do it without them. He gutted squads repeatedly.

7 hours ago, Paul01 said:

The club did reject the transfer in January. We Sullivan and O'Doherty as capable replacements. Milligan is in limbo now without a contract now who could replace Schwegler in DM

Agree. I reckon play Milligan and Sullivan at DM, with O'Doherty off the bench. This is providing we sell Baccus and lose Pirmin.

JPM record
Win, win, draw, win, bye, loss, draw, draw

Possible points 21 pts
Actual points 12 points

R17 v Sea-bogans Win
R19 v Newcastle Draw
R20 v Adelaide Win
R18 v Smurfs win
R21 v Brisbane loss
R23 v Heartle$$ draw
R24 v Smurfs draw

Upcoming games
R25 v Fraudsters.
R26 v Perth
R27 v Melb Victory
R28 v Sea-bogans
R29 v Phoenix

58 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

JPM record
Win, win, draw, win, bye, loss, draw, draw

Possible points 21 pts
Actual points 12 points

R17 v Sea-bogans Win
R19 v Newcastle Draw
R20 v Adelaide Win
R18 v Smurfs win
R21 v Brisbane loss
R23 v Heartle$$ draw
R24 v Smurfs draw

Upcoming games
R25 v Fraudsters.
R26 v Perth
R27 v Melb Victory
R28 v Sea-bogans
R29 v Phoenix

He has 15 points if you count the 3 points he got when Babbel was suspended after the derby (3-1 away win vs Phoenix).

11 hours ago, mintoff said:

Schwegler is coming back, he will be here this coming week.

He's not contracted for next season though

Heard Mark Milligan is a really strong possibility to come to the club as he is now a free agent. Would make sense considering JP was his assistant coach at Victory, and he played/captained Coxy at Southend United. Would be a good replacement if Schwegler leaves.

5 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Heard Mark Milligan is a really strong possibility to come to the club as he is now a free agent. Would make sense considering JP was his assistant coach at Victory, and he played/captained Coxy at Southend United. Would be a good replacement if Schwegler leaves.

Only if JP stays on as head coach

9 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

We won't sack the coach that wins us our first A League title

Believe!

Well it helps if everyone around us has issues for the rest of the season

Just read Castro may not play for Perth this season, Roar aren't trying to get Fowler and his 2IC back to Australia. Adelaide look like basket case.

If both the Roar and Perth fall over, that leaves the Smurfs, the Nix and the Fraudsters. (Heartle$$ have 3 games left). That means the game against the Fraudsters is a must win. 

33 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

#noloparnowin

bit disappointed with Lopar to be honest. I understand if he doesn't want to come back for health reasons. However, players like Schwegler, who are off-contract, didn't have to, or even want to come back, however still decided to come back and help us through the season, considering the circumstances. Feel a bit of lack of commitment if a contract player doesn't want to turn up. As I said, I can understand from a health point of view, but Australia are much better than Switzerland from what I understand.

58 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

We won't sack the coach that wins us our first A League title

Believe!

Agree, I have a good feeling about JP for some reason. Given a breath of new life into the team, seems like a good motivator. I reckon we could potentially make the semi-finals if we make finals.

9 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

bit disappointed with Lopar to be honest. I understand if he doesn't want to come back for health reasons. However, players like Schwegler, who are off-contract, didn't have to, or even want to come back, however still decided to come back and help us through the season, considering the circumstances. Feel a bit of lack of commitment if a contract player doesn't want to turn up. As I said, I can understand from a health point of view, but Australia are much better than Switzerland from what I understand.

To be fair we don't know his personal circumstances. He might have a family/personal crisis that he needs to stay at home for.

2 hours ago, wswnick said:

He was in Sydney last week so you'd have to think a personal emergency came up for him to fly back to Switzerland

2 hours ago, Carns said:

To be fair we don't know his personal circumstances. He might have a family/personal crisis that he needs to stay at home for.

You would think so, as I said I can certainly understand if he has personal or health issues he has to take care of.

3 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Joel Chianese has apparently signed in India. Le Fondre is supposedly set to sign for the same club has him.

I bet I'm the only one who thinks of the Pulp song Dishes   -  "I am not Jesus but I have the same intials.."

8 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Joel Chianese has apparently signed in India. Le Fondre is supposedly set to sign for the same club has him.

Probably not where I'd choose to go at the moment!!

#UnleashTheCox