#Coxoutforwanderers

:P

Edited by sonar

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Anyone got goss?

42 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

A new keeper possibly?

Fairly confident its Tristan Prendergast. I was told we are getting him for back-up.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

If he's up against Suman only then he could very much end up playing first choice.

2 minutes ago, mack said:

If he's up against Suman only then he could very much end up playing first choice.

Some people are saying its a new signing and not someone already on the books. Not sure if they realise Tristan is already with us or not?

Assuming the club is just being technical about it, he was injury replacing Suman, and then had that contract expire, and now he's replacing Lopar on a proper contract for the rest of the season.

Bailey Wright, Jackson Irvine, Mark Milligan, Kenny Dougall, Musti Amini, Oliver Bozanic, Jack Iredale, Milislav Popovic, Aleksandar Jovanovic, Daniel Bouman, Jordan Holmes, Thomas Beadling, Mitch Austin, Andrew Marveggio, Taylor Regan, Adam Federici and Liam Driscoll are all off contract Aussies as well.

Any chance it could be any of them?

How does it work with current season and transfers? Are we in a window? Or can they only play from next season unless it's an injury replacement?

4 hours ago, wswnick said:

How does it work with current season and transfers? Are we in a window? Or can they only play from next season unless it's an injury replacement?

The players agreed to short term contract extensions. One would imagine that free agents can be signed on short term contracts as usual. There could be something in the CBA for personal leave on compassionate grounds (I hope that the case with Lopar). You need to ask an agent.

5 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Bailey Wright, Jackson Irvine, Mark Milligan, Kenny Dougall, Musti Amini, Oliver Bozanic, Jack Iredale, Milislav Popovic, Aleksandar Jovanovic, Daniel Bouman, Jordan Holmes, Thomas Beadling, Mitch Austin, Andrew Marveggio, Taylor Regan, Adam Federici and Liam Driscoll are all off contract Aussies as well.

Any chance it could be any of them?

Mitch Austin, would be the perfect WSW winger, loads of pace, no end product 

52 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Mitch Austin, would be the perfect WSW winger, loads of pace, no end product 

Federici up front in my opinion.

Article also mentions Lopar going back to Switzerland for personal reasons

Soccer Stoppage Time (@SocStoppageTime) Tweeted:
We are hearing WSW FC interim coach Jean Paul De Marigny wants to sign Mark Milligan in a player / coach role... @wswanderersfc @FOXFOOTBALL @SMHsport @dailytelegraph @AleagueHub @TheWorldGame https://twitter.com/SocStoppageTime/status/1280085323645546496?s=20

I've been waiting for this for so long. He was his assistant coach at Victory and Milligan captained Coxy at Southend. Great replacement for Schwegler.

Could mean 2 things

1) Schwegler is leaving the club after his contract is up and Milligan is the replacement

2) You could have Milligan off the bench as a super sub for Baccus and Schwegler (that sounds orgasmic)

Also, doesn't Milligan also play as a Centre back? 

Hope he signs

He's a year and a half older than Schwegler and will be 35 at the start of the next season. Sub off the bench is probably the most we could regularly expect. Don't mind the idea of getting him into the coaching staff.

Schwegler retiring after season ends

https://www.blick.ch/sport/fussball/nati/pirmin-schwegler-beendet-in-sydney-seine-karriere-deshalb-habe-ich-das-angebot-vom-fcl-nicht-angenommen-id15987354.html

Pirmin Schwegler, have you decided what to do next?
Yes. I will end my career after this season. When I decided to go on an adventure in Sydney a year ago, it was meant to be. And in the past few weeks my decision has been consolidated.

You are only 33 ...
... only or already 33? That is the question. I have 17 years of professional football in my bones. That didn't leave me without a trace. I'm brutally ambitious and that's why I quit a bit. Because I have the feeling that I could no longer meet my demands one hundred percent. It is consequent to stop now.

They had an offer from FC Luzern on the table. Playing with your brother Christian for the parent club again would have been a great ending, right?
That's right. But after thinking about it for a long time, I decided not to accept the offer.

Would you have earned too little at the FCL?
No. We quickly agreed financially that would not have been a problem. But there were other reasons that spoke against my commitment.

YB is also said to have been interested. Is that correct?
I have been in contact with Wuschu (YB sports director Christoph Spycher; the editor) since our time together at Eintracht Frankfurt. But nothing has become concrete.

Do you already have plans for the time after your resignation?
No plans, but I have some ideas. I love football and would like to do something in this business in the medium term. Most likely in management. But I will not rush anything and take my time to train and learn something new for the football profession. For now, I'm fully focused on the upcoming games with the Sydney Wanderers. We can still reach the playoffs - and even become champions.

Ideally, you flew to Australia for eight games. You could have let your contract expire comfortably on the sofa at home. Why are you taking on the strain again?

It's just not my way. As a young player, I wouldn't have thought it cool if the older players behaved that way. But of course I am already aware that it would definitely have been easier to stay with my wife in Frankfurt. Especially since I have to quarantine for two weeks after my arrival in Australia.

What does that mean specifically?
That I was picked up from the airport when I arrived eight days ago and taken straight to a hotel room. Since then, I've been practically locked in the room 24 hours a day for two weeks. I am not allowed out and nobody is allowed in. The food is put on my doorstep.

Not even a walk in the hotel corridor? You're kidding!
No! This is a strict requirement from the Australian government. The quarantine rules are enforced rigorously.

What do you do all day?
Well. We would be happy to talk on the phone for another three days if you want! (laughs). I really can't do much: I sleep a lot, read and watch a movie. Gaming is not my thing. I still have five days to go. It will certainly be a challenge, but I have already mastered other challenges. And I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. There are definitely worse things.

Do you have at least one suite with a large balcony?

No, where are you thinking! My room doesn't even have a balcony. I would like to have another hotel. But the government has made this hotel available to all travelers.

Are you a reinforcement for your team when you come out?
The first game is on July 22nd and two or three days before I can leave the room. The first two games should be at most a mental reinforcement.

You played 262 Bundesliga games under your belt, for Leverkusen, Frankfurt, Hoffenheim and Hanover, you are a 14-time national player and were there at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. For a footballer like you, there would be a better career end than a balcony-free hotel room in Sidney.
I see it positively. Somehow this degree suits me and my career. I was always there, never gave up, even in difficult times. I always gave everything I had and did everything that was important. I've had some fantastic years as a professional soccer player. I always had to do more than others in training.

Why?
Because I didn't have the best physical conditions to become a professional. I had stamina values that would not have been enough for the Bundesliga. I was prophesied that I would never play 90 minutes in the Bundesliga. So I just had to invest a lot more. I always started preparing for the season two weeks earlier. If the other players were still on vacation, I was already at the fitness coach. In the lactate test I was never at the front.

You were diagnosed with blood cancer as a toddler. Could this be related to your physical disadvantage?
Maybe. No doctor was able to tell me specifically whether it had anything to do with it. The fact is that I defeated blood cancer and had a great football career.

The only drawback is that with your potential you should have completed a lot more than just 14 national games. Why did you announce your retirement from Nati in March 2015?
For me, the dealings, the togetherness in the group was no longer right. So for me the resignation was the logical consequence. I don't want to say more about that, it was years ago. I don't want to warm up old stories or make polemics. I am proud of what I have achieved and stop with two laughing eyes.

Ideally, you flew to Australia for eight games. You could have let your contract expire comfortably on the sofa at home. Why are you taking on the strain again?

It's just not my way. As a young player, I wouldn't have thought it cool if the older players behaved that way. But of course I am already aware that it would definitely have been easier to stay with my wife in Frankfurt. Especially since I have to quarantine for two weeks after my arrival in Australia.

Respect Pirim.

33 minutes ago, Pup55 said:

Respect Pirim.

Absolutely! :good:

Especially in light of having to endure the quarantine for 14 days!

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

I guess Pirim knows when it’s time and should hopefully go out on a high holding a massive silver toilet seat 

Is he off to the Smurfs.