Jump to content

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2


Recommended Posts

From what I heard, Majewski was allowed to return home for surgery and rehab as a goodwill gesture from the club and proceeded to **** around and not do it as effectively as what it should’ve been. Pretty sure it was decided a while ago that he wasn’t coming back, it’s just been made official now.

Link to post
On 20/08/2020 at 9:08 PM, StringerBellend said:

The Squad Omnishambles

omnishambles
/ˈɒmnɪʃamb(ə)lz/
 
 
noun
INFORMALBRITISH
 
  1. a situation that has been comprehensively mismanaged, characterized by a string of blunders and miscalculations.
    "anyone with five minutes to spare, a Maths GCSE, and a calculator could have averted the entire omnishambles by checking the civil servants' sums"
     
     

It’s funny coz it’s true

Link to post

So the rumour mill has it that Thomas James has accused Tony Popovic of nepotism in playing his boys over James....a squaddie striker with a chip on his shoulder against Popa....sounds like our type of signing:rofl:

Link to post
22 hours ago, hughsey said:

From what I heard, Majewski was allowed to return home for surgery and rehab as a goodwill gesture from the club and proceeded to **** around and not do it as effectively as what it should’ve been. Pretty sure it was decided a while ago that he wasn’t coming back, it’s just been made official now.

Legit? So he used the Australian time as a holiday basically?

Link to post
1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Legit? So he used the Australian time as a holiday basically?

No he mucked around upon return to Poland. I remember he was posting stuff on Instagram at the time that made me question wtf he was doing as well

Link to post
On 20/08/2020 at 9:08 PM, StringerBellend said:

The Squad Omnishambles

omnishambles
/ˈɒmnɪʃamb(ə)lz/
 
 
noun
INFORMALBRITISH
 
  1. a situation that has been comprehensively mismanaged, characterized by a string of blunders and miscalculations.
    "anyone with five minutes to spare, a Maths GCSE, and a calculator could have averted the entire omnishambles by checking the civil servants' sums"
     
     

Omg thanks for that, I've just spent a blissful 20mins clicking on The Thick of it YouTube clips

Link to post
38 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Amino has just had contract pulled, $2 million over 3 years. Probably will stay in Europe, but could be worth a look?

Amini?

Link to post
28 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

 

 

As Popa discovered when he went to Turkey...he discovered he got sold one instead...:ninja:

Link to post

It amazes me how naive some of our players are. That club finished dead last, only got saved from relegation by the fact relegation got cancelled for the season and have already gone through 3 managers, including sacking the previous manager after just 45 days. The new manager was appointed on the 8th, of course he's going to cancel any deals the last guy made.

And in the end it doesn't matter if the contract gets signed, it has to be put into the FIFA TMS to be official.

After what happened to Popa, no-one should be signing for any of the Turkish sides outside the big 3 istanbul clubs + trabzonspur.

Link to post
9 minutes ago, mack said:

It amazes me how naive some of our players are. That club finished dead last, only got saved from relegation by the fact relegation got cancelled for the season and have already gone through 3 managers, including sacking the previous manager after just 45 days. The new manager was appointed on the 8th, of course he's going to cancel any deals the last guy made.

And in the end it doesn't matter if the contract gets signed, it has to be put into the FIFA TMS to be official.

After what happened to Popa, no-one should be signing for any of the Turkish sides outside the big 3 istanbul clubs + trabzonspur.

Wish we could've done something like this for when we signed Kamau, Tongyik and Elrich lol. Meant that we had 3 players signed by Gombau which restricted what Babbel could do.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
Link to post
8 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Wish we could've done something like this for when we signed Kamau, Tongyik and Elrich lol. Meant that we had 3 players signed by Gombau which restricted what Babbel could do.

“Give Gumby his own team” they said 

Link to post
9 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Wish we could've done something like this for when we signed Kamau, Tongyik and Elrich lol. Meant that we had 3 players signed by Gombau which restricted what Babbel could do.

I've always been a fan of Elrich, he was too slow sure but he had much better positioning than many of our other defenders at the time and always put in the effort. He saved many goals for us.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Westiesarebesties said:

I've always been a fan of Elrich, he was too slow sure but he had much better positioning than many of our other defenders at the time and always put in the effort. He saved many goals for us.

We brought him back 2 years too late 

Link to post

I hope Amini makes them pay through Fifa that is really foul from the club. I wander if he might entertain the idea of comming back, we should really make contact unfortunately that will be 6 months 5 months of no football on his part so not sure how that will go down.

Link to post

I think the older players such as Elrich would find the cooler temps they are playing in now more suitable than 35 C + in summer.

PS.......Maybe all the BS behind the scenes in our club ( Gumby, Babbel etc ) was enough for him to say see ya. We seem to have problem in a) getting quality or b) getting them to stay or c) getting them to perform.

Edited by sonar
Link to post

The man with the highest transfer rumor news lol.. Worth a marquee spot, i'm not too sure though i think he would still rip up the AL. I wonder if a real football god is going to grace us with his presence before he retires lol, gods gift to football as he would say it.. Zlatan!!!  

Muller should be coming back if all goes to plans, i don't think we have seen the best of him and hopefully JP can find some players that can fit well with him.

Any news on Ziggys citizenship btw??

Link to post
1 hour ago, MistahCampoy said:

The man with the highest transfer rumor news lol.. Worth a marquee spot, i'm not too sure though i think he would still rip up the AL. I wonder if a real football god is going to grace us with his presence before he retires lol, gods gift to football as he would say it.. Zlatan!!!  

Muller should be coming back if all goes to plans, i don't think we have seen the best of him and hopefully JP can find some players that can fit well with him.

Any news on Ziggys citizenship btw??

lol Ziegler citizenship. Been waiting about a decade for that. 

Any thoughts on brining back Nikita Rukavytsya?

Link to post
18 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Any thoughts on brining back Nikita Rukavytsya?

He won't be leaving Israel. Still got a year on the contract and the season starts this weekend. Scored a lot of goals last season so they won't want to get rid of him.

Link to post

Also wouldn't come in on a free transfer from the looks of it. If Cox comes back which i think he will, then i think we should be right with him and Adams.

 

Edited by MistahCampoy
Link to post
3 hours ago, DeeDee said:

So have we got confirmation on Muller's situation? Is he done? Can't help but hope so. Simply put, hes not what we need. Let bring Ben Arfa over at last!

He's here for another season as far as I can tell. Got his son in a local team as well.

Cox staying based on his interview when he returned (said he was contracted for another season). He was also posting on twitter last week that James Johnson needs to tell the clubs the date when new season is planning to start.

Preseason is meant to begin in September.

Link to post
10 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

He was like a rich mans Joshua sotirio the last time he played for us 

Was banging in goals in Israel. 

To be honest, I would look at signing quality defenders and midfielders. 

If Cox gets fully fit, I reckon he can do the job. There are moments you can see his quality, thought process and great football knowledge.

Link to post
  • mack locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...