mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

On 30/08/2020 at 2:44 PM, wswnick said:

Number of contracts expire today and club have been super quiet on any re-signings besides Jurman

How can clubs re-sign players? The clubs, FFA and players need to hash out a new CBA plus they need to figure out what will happen in regards to a cap or no cap or new system? 

Also, do we even have a start date? So much to do before clubs can start signing players.

On 04/09/2020 at 4:53 PM, Upthehill said:

I’d say the biggest change for us this off season will be swapping kits from Nike to Kappa.

Wonder if stealing DDS is possible. Dear lord we need a 10

Knowing our track record, the deal probably won't go ahead, or our trusty recruitment team inadvertently signed the 2nd tier version of Kappa, Capper.

18 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

See the source image

Our announcements

More side to side passing....?....:ninja:

:D

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

See the source image

Our announcements

I was notified the club has literally offered no contracts to players as they don't know the cap for next season or starting date. Makes me question whether we really attempted to re-sign Duke or if it was a PR thing in his farewell announcement.

Not many from the current crop I would re-sign, a couple free agents look decent however and could come to the club should we pull the finger out.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

There was no way Lederer was going to offer anywhere near enough to keep him so it's practically the same as not offering him a deal anyway.

17 minutes ago, mack said:

There was no way Lederer was going to offer anywhere near enough to keep him so it's practically the same as not offering him a deal anyway.

Yeah but honestly no price for an a league player is likely to match oil league payment. Plus with the difference tax they receive over there. 

Both club and Duke said he received a significant offer to stay, and I'm inclined to believe they actually made the effort in this case. (Despite the many failures to do so previously). Possibly due to the perception of the club and their lack of retention of players due to not offering better contracts

The cost to offer him a lowball deal we knew he'd never accept is $0. But it lets the club go "see we tried". Never mind we're owned by one billionaire and three multi-millionaires.

Make no mistake, mark my words, this was a conscious choice (perhaps, a "bold plan") by the owners.

1 minute ago, mack said:

The cost to offer him a lowball deal we knew he'd never accept is $0. But it lets the club go "see we tried". Never mind we're owned by one billionaire and three multi-millionaires.

Make no mistake, mark my words, this was a conscious choice (perhaps, a "bold plan") by the owners.

100% I agree.

Looks like that little Marco Tilio has left the Smurfs. Would be funny if we signed him after what happened with him and Georgevski. To be fair the kid isn't a bad player and would likely go well with first team minutes.

7 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

100% I agree.

Looks like that little Marco Tilio has left the Smurfs. Would be funny if we signed him after what happened with him and Georgevski. To be fair the kid isn't a bad player and would likely go well with first team minutes.

Tilio is rumoured to join City.

What's everyone's thoughts on George Timotheou? He just become a free agent after leaving Zulte Waregem.

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I was notified the club has literally offered no contracts to players as they don't know the cap for next season or starting date. Makes me question whether we really attempted to re-sign Duke or if it was a PR thing in his farewell announcement.

Not many from the current crop I would re-sign, a couple free agents look decent however and could come to the club should we pull the finger out.

Which free transfers are available? Don’t think there are much better around (aussies).

Wanderers medal night tomorrow so expect the cull announcement on Friday

15 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

What's everyone's thoughts on George Timotheou? He just become a free agent after leaving Zulte Waregem.

62 on FIFA, nah

Needs to be at least 68 rated to be a maybe 

Which is ironic as they're probably going to give it to Duke and he's already left.

Edited by Davo

1 minute ago, Davo said:

Which is ironic as they're probably going to give it to Duke and he's already left.

There's only two choices,  Duke or Lopar.

48 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

62 on FIFA, nah

Needs to be at least 68 rated to be a maybe 

Surely he is no worse than Mcgowan or Jurman. I reckon he is worth a shout. Started one game for Schalke I believe.

8 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Surely he is no worse than Mcgowan or Jurman. I reckon he is worth a shout. Started one game for Schalke I believe.

Agree. I remember him at Olympic.

2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Only 2 senior appearances in the last 2 seasons at his clubs. Probably needs a return to the A League to re-establish himself

Edited by MartinTyler

I'll start the next thread when we the club announces the player cuts probably on Thursday.

1 hour ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Off topic, but kind of on the topic of fifa rankings... 
Noticed on the All or Nothing Spurs Doco that Jose's Macbook had Football Manager 2020 installed...   Good enough for Mourinho, good enough for our recruiting team

LOL, you serious? 
I have to check this out.

4 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

I'll try get a screen shot next time. But yes, serious

Bet you he is trying to get Southend Utd into Europe

On 08/09/2020 at 3:05 PM, MartinTyler said:

Only 2 senior appearances in the last 2 seasons at his clubs. Probably needs a return to the A League to re-establish himself

We also signed an NPL keeper to replace him for the post covid restart. That should tell you what the club thought of him.

Or perhaps he was in the last 6 months of his contract, signed for Macathur so the club didn’t want him playing?

On 08/09/2020 at 12:30 PM, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Surely he is no worse than Mcgowan or Jurman.

McGowan deserves a special award, let’s just say it’s something to do with tackling :lol:

9 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

We also signed an NPL keeper to replace him for the post covid restart. That should tell you what the club thought of him.

Or perhaps he was in the last 6 months of his contract, signed for Macathur so the club didn’t want him playing?

McGowan deserves a special award, let’s just say it’s something to do with tackling :lol:

Suman was still recovering from injury and not quite ready to play at the restart.